Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Criterium Racing

• 07-05-2021 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Obviously criterium racing is huge in America right now, but do we think it'll get bigger here? It's slowly gaining more traction in the UK from what I can see.

Now that racing is coming back in the coming months I'd love to have some more options than just Mondello or Corkagh park club league races to choose from. In the states they use business parks on the weekends when there's nobody there. We've loads of them here in Dublin that we could use anyway, but I'm not sure security/owners would be too happy. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they should allow it on the new runway in dublin airport before it's opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Strobing wrote: »
    Obviously criterium racing is huge in America right now, but do we think it'll get bigger here? It's slowly gaining more traction in the UK from what I can see.

Now that racing is coming back in the coming months I'd love to have some more options than just Mondello or Corkagh park club league races to choose from. In the states they use business parks on the weekends when there's nobody there. We've loads of them here in Dublin that we could use anyway, but I'm not sure security/owners would be too happy. :pac:

I know Park West is owned by Harcourt Holdings. I think the issue with it is liability and insurance. I think the majority of people would accept crashes happen and get on with it but realistically we all know not everyone would be like that.

The state of the roads in some of the business parks as well due to the large trucks coming in and out.

For me, Crits are grand. Good way to get in an hours worth of training but it can be a ways to travel for just an hour.

On the topic of what I'd love to see more of, the Orwell 2-day when I did it back in 2018 had one of the best stages of racing going. It was maybe a 7km circuit, was just shy of 2 hours and was seriously tough. I'd love to see more of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Ha. That Orwell stage was a killer. It was two hours just flat_out. There were some amount of lads shelled that day that didn't bother signing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Strobing

For me, Crits are grand. Good way to get in an hours worth of training but it can be a ways to travel for just an hour.

Yeah I love crits, safer than on open road and generally you have a lot of good racing packed into the hour or so.

I guess my point about maybe expanding into business parks is there are more of them around and the yanks seem to have good success with it. We may have a few Go Kart tracks knocking around aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Plastik wrote: »
    Ha. That Orwell stage was a killer. It was two hours just flat_out. There were some amount of lads shelled that day that didn't bother signing on Sunday.

I remember sitting on Michael O'Loughlin on the Sunday and watching the break go up the road thinking he'd have no bother chasing it down. He ended up abandoning a couple of minutes later and there I was thinking I was being clever :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement