Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Used car dealers recommendations Dublin?

Options
  • 06-05-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Just looking for any used car dealership recommendations in Dublin or Kildare/Meath borders even? Just looking for a non cowboy business where I can get a decent secondhand car. I will use a car check and prob have a mechanic look at it also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

What budget?

About 10k. Ideally 2016/17 car if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭User1998

Are you just going to buy whatever car they have in stock even if its not exactly what you want?

Find the car you want first and then investigate weather the dealer selling it is reputable.

If your getting a mechanical check and a history check you shouldn’t have to limit yourself to only a few dealers

User1998 wrote: »
    Are you just going to buy whatever car they have in stock even if its not exactly what you want?

Find the car you want first and then investigate weather the dealer selling it is reputable.

If your getting a mechanical check and a history check you shouldn’t have to limit yourself to only a few dealers

Fair point but to be honest I don't think given my budget that I'll have a huge amount of choice so if I knew of a reputable dealer I'd probably happy to find a decent car there and go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Fair point but to be honest I don't think given my budget that I'll have a huge amount of choice so if I knew of a reputable dealer I'd probably happy to find a decent car there and go with that.

For 10K I'll confim you'll have a good choice.

What are you looking for?

Will you be commuting, school run, popping to shops?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement

Buffman wrote: »
    For 10K I'll confim you'll have a good choice.

What are you looking for?

Will you be commuting, school run, popping to shops?

Some kind of hatchback. Have a Punto currently which is absolutely fine for what I need it's just pretty old at this stage. I commute a short distance to work. Wouldn't be using it for a long journeys much.

Advertisement