Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ardkeen PTSB no counter service now.

• 05-05-2021 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Just been told it's machine banking only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just been told it's machine banking only.

yup, customers are a cost now, and costs are bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    yup, customers are a cost now, and costs are bad!

So only the Hyper left?

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    So only the Hyper left?

say so, shur isnt that the only other branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This is happening in a lot now.

I haven't checked though how one goes about getting bigger amounts of cash as machine is €1,500 max if I recall.

I haven't checked though how one goes about getting bigger amounts of cash as machine is €1,500 max if I recall.

yup, they only want our deposits, we re just an inconvenience now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

And you're expected then to pay for the privilage!

And you're expected then to pay for the privilage!

Yea it's disgraceful stuff, if they ever bring in negative rates, or do other dumb things such as bail ins, they ll be war. We really should be pushing for public banks now, especially since competition in the market is reducing

Think this WAS flagged at start of year......many ptsb branches have fe/ no staff visible to public....there was a big redundancy package in last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

They don't. Currently banks hate deposits as it costs them money. Euro interest rates are negative.

People complain if banks charge for their account services, same people complain when some of the services are withdrawn because the charges are not high enough to sustain the services.

Darc19 wrote:
    They don't. Currently banks hate deposits as it costs them money. Euro interest rates are negative.

Deposits are a critical function, they supply banks with liquidity, for the day to day functioning of banks, without which, they could not function, our deposits are critical, but customer service is now a cost.....

• Advertisement

Think this WAS flagged at start of year......many ptsb branches have fe/ no staff visible to public....there was a big redundancy package in last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Banks are pure leeches. Just look at the chaos they caused back in the post Celtic Tiger Crash. A visit to any branch is all self service. Trying to speak or talk to someone is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've seen ppl queue for customer service only to be told to ring customer service on the phone over there in the corner. Or go online.
    Very quick to take the charges every quarter though. And to call if a DD bounces back. You just have to look at the bonuses they pay their top men to see how little the care about the GP. Pigs in a trough comes to mind.

Banks are pure leeches. Just look at the chaos they caused back in the post Celtic Tiger Crash. A visit to any branch is all self service. Trying to speak or talk to someone is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've seen ppl queue for customer service only to be told to ring customer service on the phone over there in the corner. Or go online.
    Very quick to take the charges every quarter though. And to call if a DD bounces back. You just have to look at the bonuses they pay their top men to see how little the care about the GP. Pigs in a trough comes to mind.

they're still at it, where do you think most of our money comes from!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

There was a big redundancy package lately , the big guys in dublin only want 4 staff per branch - (5 staff if they have counter facility).
    Taking that there will probably one/two staff absent because of holidays, sick, courses lunches etc , that only leaves minimum of 3 staff per branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jolene84

I was in the Hyper branch a few weeks ago and was told there was no one on the counter, machine only. What I needed couldn’t be done on the machine and the clerk wasn’t friendly either 🙄

Unfair for people that are not confident using machines or online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Deposits are a critical function, they supply banks with liquidity, for the day to day functioning of banks, without which, they could not function, our deposits are critical, but customer service is now a cost.....

Banks are awash with cash. They don't want deposits.

Everyday customer deposits are not critical in any form.

Large amounts on deposit now attract negative interest rates and I suspect that the negative rates will soon apply to balances over €100,000.

Banks make money on loans and other financial services like pensions and insurance.

Darc19 wrote:
    Banks are awash with cash. They don't want deposits.

Yes, deposits are high, but take away those deposits, and what do you have?

Yea negative rates apply to high deposit accounts, so do many of those accounts actually exist?

Banks would be beyond dumb to introduce negative rates on lower deposit accounts , as it would more than likely cause runs, now who's gonna chance that one?

Advertisement