Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Belfast bus

• 24-04-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

May be needing to head to Belfast end of the month for work and just wondering what is best/available options for this trip? I haven't gone by bus to Belfast before. I know Aircoach do it but service is temporarily suspended, Dublin Coach too but it seems similar with that.

Any experiences would be gladly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Train?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Corholio wrote: »
    May be needing to head to Belfast end of the month for work and just wondering what is best/available options for this trip? I haven't gone by bus to Belfast before. I know Aircoach do it but service is temporarily suspended, Dublin Coach too but it seems similar with that.

Any experiences would be gladly appreciated.

Train is decent, if there are no buses.

Seems to be express buses going from Dublin Airport when I searched on Google Maps. 705x. Doesn’t say what company though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Once off or commute?

Before COVID Dublin coach was quickest/most reliable when I had to do it, but I have no clue what's available now.

Train more expensive generally, but not much more if you can book a bit in advance so for once off probably best choice?

Do you mean this week or so?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Translink are still running the X1
    https://www.translink.co.uk/Timetable/Download/780c710a-7cd8-48c3-6a14-08d90313d792

Basically every couple of hours, but not running as early or late as it used to.

705X Aircoach remains suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thanks all. Ya I was checking buses so much I totally forgot about the train. Will be near the end of the month so some options might be back going again. Translink was the one I noticed alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Fandymo wrote: »
    Train is decent, if there are no buses.

Seems to be express buses going from Dublin Airport when I searched on Google Maps. 705x. Doesn’t say what company though

Is the train stilll running to and from Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

bleuhh wrote: »
    Is the train stilll running to and from Belfast?

Yes, why would you think otherwise?

https://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

the only coach service running between Dublin and Belfast is the Ulsterbus service X1 but I would advice you to check the times and buy your ticket on the Translink website to Guarantee your seat also book early if you can.

Aircoach have suspend there service until the end of May 2021 or until the restrictions change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Has the thread title been changed since it was first posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Yes, why would you think otherwise?

https://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie

Cheers. Because whenever I try to find the itinerary on Irish Rail from Connolly to Belfast nothing shows up, so I thought they were all cancelled.

When I check on the app now it shows up but nothing on the website so can't buy a ticket online - am I doing something wrong I wonder?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

Aircoach are back Dublin to Belfast from the 15th.

Advertisement