Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forbidden Fruit 2020

Options
  • 27-01-2020 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭

Jorja Smith, Hot Chip, murder capital, I think Peggy gou (insta pic zoomed in was potato quality)

Octavian, or la and I can't make out the rest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Jorja Smith, Hot Chip, murder capital, I think Peggy gou (insta pic zoomed in was potato quality)

Octavian, or la and I can't make out the rest

Leon vynehall, krystal klear, Alex gough, turnstiles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There seems to be nothing on their Facebook or their official site about this update, will they make an official announcement at 7 or something.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

There seems to be nothing on their Facebook or their official site about this update, will they make an official announcement at 7 or something.

was deleted once they noticed the leak from insta.

Official t shirts, back of tees had the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lineup below. Not a bad lineup and a few acts/DJs I would like to see, The Avalanches would be very good, I'd say the majority have played Forbidden Fruit or All Together Now in the last year or two though.

Saturday
    Jorja Smith - Peggy Gou - Loyle Carner - Octavian - Fatima Yamaha

Sunday
    Underworld - Hot Chip - The Avalanches - The Murder Capital

Also announced but not confirmed for a day yet
    Biig Piig - Booka Shade - Caroline Polachek - Celeste - Otherliine - Krystal Klear - Folamour - Or:La - Leon Vynehall - Partboi69 - Park Hye Jin - TSHA - Model Man - Alex Gough - Cooks, But We’re Chefs

83892316_2736922039688037_1492753567767855104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=SYgxtA41Hs4AX8Vvz8d&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=4d54a40002f34fd6279218d15d171aa5&oe=5ECFECBE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Would love to go to the Sunday but imagine it would be full of craytures ourovit

Birneybau wrote: »
    Would love to go to the Sunday but imagine it would be full of craytures ourovit

Obviously underworld would close out, I think hot chip would be a better closer.

Great lineup though, the Avalanches and Caroline polachek are great catches.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Perhaps I missed this but how has this not been cancelled or rescheduled yet? Anyone with an educated guess?

Is Aphex Twin playing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Perhaps I missed this but how has this not been cancelled or rescheduled yet? Anyone with an educated guess?

Not yet but say once government announce easing of restrictions and no sign of gigs of that size returning it will be. They have the advantage of being an outdoor non camping festival so unless they try to have it in the autumn instead say but might be easier to just cancel and aim for next summer. Bit surprised it hasn't been cancelled already tbh.

Announcement at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Taken from their website:

It’s with great regret we announce today that the 10th anniversary of the Forbidden Fruit Festival is rescheduled to June 4 & 5 2022.

It is now clear that despite all efforts, the current health restrictions make it impossible for the event to take place this year. We would like to say a big thanks to all the artists, managers, agents, crew, partners, production companies, and workers who continue to work alongside us through these difficult times.

We all need and deserve a Forbidden Fruit Festival to look forward to and are so grateful for your continued trust and support which will help us create a memorable return for our 10th anniversary on the Bank Holiday Weekend June 4 & 5, 2022.

Tickets for this year’s event are now valid for the 2022 event, and early-bird weekend tickets for 2022 are on sale now. If you are unable to attend FF22

Announcement at 10am

Where did you see that out of curiosity? Hadn't seen anything on their site or social media. Just saw post above. It's on their site since yesterday. Bit odd there has been nothing in their social media yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It has been postponed till next year

Eod100 wrote: »
    Where did you see that out of curiosity? Hadn't seen anything on their site or social media. Just saw post above. It's on their site since yesterday. Bit odd there has been nothing in their social media yet.

I just took a chance last week to message them directly on Insta and they actually replied to me this morning to say that there would be an announcement this morning.

I just took a chance last week to message them directly on Insta and they actually replied to me this morning to say that there would be an announcement this morning.

Ah nice one! You got the inside scoop

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah nice one! You got the inside scoop

Well I’ve been in contact with the Wildroots organisers in the same way and they are excellent with their communication so I just chanced it!

Advertisement