Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recent interview, When should i call?

Options
  • 04-05-2021 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello all,

I recently had a job interview recently and they said they would get back to me early this week, As i'm impatient and not working at the moment when would be the best time to get in contact to ring them!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Wait to be called, especially since it was a bank holiday weekend. Don't always assume they will get back when they said they will, especially if it was a recruiter as they will generally have hundreds of candidates to follow up with. Give it to the end of the week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

you can always send a mail to the HR person thanking them for taking the time to meet with you and telling them how much you looking forward to hearing back from them. This is then a good place to ask them any further questions on the role as it shows interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ryzken

manlad wrote: »
    Wait to be called, especially since it was a bank holiday weekend. Don't always assume they will get back when they said they will, especially if it was a recruiter as they will generally have hundreds of candidates to follow up with. Give it to the end of the week anyway.

It was through the company direct. I'm just worried they don't call back as it's happened before.

Ryzken wrote: »
    It was through the company direct. I'm just worried they don't call back as it's happened before.

As per above poster, maybe start with an email and if there's no response follow up with a phonecall early next week. If its a large company these things sometimes take time as frustrating as it can be. They may also be waiting to see other candidates before making the decision.

manlad wrote: »
    As per above poster, maybe start with an email and if there's no response follow up with a phonecall early next week. If its a large company these things sometimes take time as frustrating as it can be. They may also be waiting to see other candidates before making the decision.

Yeh. They won’t necessarily know by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Apply for other jobs in the meantime so you have other irons in the fire while they get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yeah OP I wouldnt go ringing. If they want you they know where and how to find you. They will do it in their own time.

If they don't contact you then that is a "No".

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ryzken

Got a phone a hour ago and got the job :))

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

Congratulations!! Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Congrats OP

• Advertisement

Ryzken wrote: »
    Got a phone a hour ago and got the job :))

Nice one mate! Best of Luck

Advertisement