Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOx on a Hilux Surf?

• 30-04-2021 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the actual NOX emissions are on a 2.4 LN130 Hilux surf, or theKZN130 ? I seen on revenue they say to contact Japanese Ministry for land, infrastructure, transport and tourism. Best of luck with that!!
    Or is it just a case of getting landed with €4850 if you want to import one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s going to be off the scale either way, so even if you have a figure it’ll be €4850 nox.

A 91 or older won’t be liable for nox as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Also will be looking at getting one of these later this year. And the 3.0D is a much better engine imho

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

@vjmcdonnell Oh you're right about the 3ltr alright - i have a 2.4 the last few years!!! Was just wondering if people had actual NOX values for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laggy67

I'm after bringing one in from the UK and the NOx is turning out to be a nightmare. I got the same spiel about getting an emissions report from the Japanese Ministry of Transport but can't figure out how to do it online. Also seen that they will accept the certificate of Conformity so I've been on to Toyota to see if they can help. I do not want to be paying 5k on VRT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭User1998

Whats the engine code?

• Advertisement

User1998 wrote: »
    Whats the engine code?

It's a KZN185

Laggy67 wrote: »
    I'm after bringing one in from the UK and the NOx is turning out to be a nightmare. I got the same spiel about getting an emissions report from the Japanese Ministry of Transport but can't figure out how to do it online. Also seen that they will accept the certificate of Conformity so I've been on to Toyota to see if they can help. I do not want to be paying 5k on VRT

But the nox will be so high that it’ll probably be €5k either way.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But the nox will be so high that it’ll probably be €5k either way.

Looking like that. The main reason I brought it in was I did a check on VRT.ie and their system said it would be under a grand. I'm looking for any loop hole or workaround I can find but seems like it's an air tight racket they have going. I may just end up keeping her for a few years until she's classic

Convert it to a commercial maybe

Wouldn't even know how to go about it. Heard they are looking for VAT numbers and everything

• Advertisement

Looking like that. The main reason I brought it in was I did a check on VRT.ie and their system said it would be under a grand. I'm looking for any loop hole or workaround I can find but seems like it's an air tight racket they have going. I may just end up keeping her for a few years until she's classic

VRT.ie is a third party site and is nothing to do with Revenue.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    VRT.ie is a third party site and is nothing to do with Revenue.

Yeah I figured it would give me a rough idea though, turns out it was very rough 😂

If I was you I would contact some garages that sell Japanese imports and offer them a sum of money to get the emissions for you. Most of them will be able to get them handy enough. I had a quick look online but couldn’t find anything for Nox

Yeah I figured it would give me a rough idea though, turns out it was very rough ��

Look at the equivalent Land Cruiser 3.0 TD for a comparison. They’re probably only Euro 1 or 2, and have huge particulate emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

You can't anymore. Has to be brought in private then can be converted to commercial

You can't anymore. Has to be brought in private then can me converted to commercial

Your thinking of crewcabs. 2 seat commercials can still be brought in

Your thinking of crewcabs. 2 seat commercials can still be brought in

No, they have all been taken off the vrt calculator list, all but ones that are factory converted, shogun SG2 is the only one left on the system.
    https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e2s2

No, they have all been taken off the vrt calculator list, all but ones that are factory converted, shogun SG2 is the only one left on the system.
    https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e2s2

I could convert a Range Rover Sport or Audi Q7 tomorrow and import it as a 2 seat commercial. Just because they aren’t on the list doesn’t mean you can’t convert them and import them as a 2 seater

I could convert a Range Rover Sport or Audi Q7 tomorrow and import it as a 2 seat commercial. Just because they aren’t on the list doesn’t mean you can’t convert them and import them as a 2 seater

OK good to know,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kieran 1097

Can you buy your UK passenger jeep, surf, q7, rangerover etc, take it to Ireland and convert to 2 seater commercial then take to nct centre and import as commercial?

I'm not fully up to date with rules... but thanks in advance you confirm 👍

• Advertisement

Advertisement