Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 3 : Portuguese Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Mazepin ain't going anywhere. However, Steiner should have a chat with him about his on track behaviour today.

Drive To Survive next year is gonna be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Can’t all be classics but god that was a snore fest.

Moving swiftly along.

Get rid of DRS. It’s a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Very good result for the Alpine drivers today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Another great win for Lewis. Expected more from Sergio and George today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hamilton thinks the team still have more work to do? I just don't him sometimes.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Max doesn’t get the fastest lap due to track limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What would be the politics involved with replacing Mazepin mid-season? Does Gene Haas have the power to make that decision?

Has the power but not the money I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Hamilton thinks the team still have more work to do? I just don't him sometimes.

Thats just a world champion mentality. He wants the team to continue to improve to ensure their dominance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Max doesn’t get the fastest lap due to track limits.

He was well off the track, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

jesus thats two hours of my life i wont get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Only one solution to sort out the track limits. Have tar pits on both sides of the track with Stampy's to rescue the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I sincerely hope this race was just a blip and not a return to the Merc dominance. They look like they've sorted a few gremlins and back to their best. Never looked troubled today really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Very boring race. Can't see anyone bar the Mercedes and Red Bulls in the top 4 without rain or car issues for remainder of season.

DRS needs to be severely restricted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭klose

That was fairly lacklustre unfortunately, Spain next wouldn't exactly get the blood pumping either.

Have they announced driver of the day? Twitter seems to say they haven’t.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Maybe everyone voted Mazepin like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MevinLegend

Everyone online was spreading the word of voting Mazepin driver of the day prior to the race. Obviously Mazepin won the vote and F1 don’t want a mockery made of the driver of the day so didn’t decide to publish who won.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,122 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Everyone online was spreading the word of voting Mazepin driver of the day prior to the race. Obviously Mazepin won the vote and F1 don’t want a mockery made of the driver of the day so didn’t decide to publish who won.

Perez got it

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Perez got it
    Sure he did

Mazepin getting a 5 second time penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,122 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I sincerely hope this race was just a blip and not a return to the Merc dominance. They look like they've sorted a few gremlins and back to their best. Never looked troubled today really.

They’ve consistently had the fastest car in race conditions in the dry at all three circuits this year, the only blips have been Max Verstappen’s pace on a wet track and his strong qualifying lap in the first race. Red Bull looks nowhere near the Merc in the hands of Perez.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Wasn’t questioning whether it was announced that he has won or not. Was referring to the fact that Perez certainly didn’t win the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Good race, bottas found napping twice, great duels in the midfield.
    And FIA need's to get their fingers out of their noses, that tracklimit and delete times is the most annoying thing ever.
    Max was just giving a snarky response that he fought track limits were not observed during the race.
    Anyway Portimao is a great track and I hope it stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,353 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did Ricardo say fùcking in his pre race interview? On Ch 4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Exactly.
    It happened before with the hulk iirc. A campaign was started on Trollmula 1 facebook page. He was voted driver of the day but it was never announced and in the end Hamilton got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that was a boring race. Glad I did not waste 2 hours watching it live. Good to see the Alpine cars doing good and I would give driver of the day to Estaban Ocon.
    Very poor from Kimi. Time to retire Kimi.
    As for Bottas well it has been said before but he just does not have the killer instinct that is needed to go full on and win as much as he can and be damed with everyone else. He just lacks it.
    Here is hoping for a better race next weekend but it is Spain so I am not going to get my Hope's up too high.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

2 good passes by Hamilton. That's about all that happened today. Sometimes you're glad F1 is on Sky and can watch at 30x speed if you record

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Stinker of a race really, nice track to drive on your own I am sure, awful for racing on. Wouldn't miss it at all.

Spain will probably be more of the same. I do not want to lose faith in this season so early. Having said that, this track was total garbage for grip, which RB seem to have been expecting. Spain is usually dire but I would like an RB win to keep the season interesting, far too many years now that seasons are over before long.

At least we only have a week to wait as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This one meant a lot to Lewis Hamilton.

Any victory feels good, but even as the Mercedes driver closes on 100 Grand Prix victories - the one in Portugal on Sunday was his 97th - some are more special than others. And this was undoubtedly one of the special ones.

I really wonder what planet BBCs Andrew Benson lives on when he writes this tripe.

Advertisement