Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No mileage history

• 01-05-2021 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

So i did a check on a car on motorcheck.ie and cartell.

No odometer readings from the history appeared.

My question is.... in what genuine circumstances would this happen? The owner has had the car from new, is tax excempt disabled.....and has had the car through a number of nct tests.

Do nct odometer readings not get entered onto the Irish National Mileage Register?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wasn't serviced using a dealer that provides data to the INMR, or any other data source they have. The NCT does not provide data there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭User1998

NCT mileage always appears on history checks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

User1998 wrote: »
    NCT mileage always appears on history checks

NCT dates do, I don't think the mileage does.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

L1011 wrote: »
    NCT dates do, I don't think the mileage does.

Your correct...the dates for nct are shown the odometer nct isn't shown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭User1998

Well I’ve definitely done history checks where the mileage shown exactly matches the mileage on NCT certificate so I don’t know about that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The last 4 or 5 mileages at NCT will appear on the NCT cert and the last mileage at NCT will appear on current NCT disc.

User1998 wrote: »
    Well I’ve definitely done history checks where the mileage shown exactly matches the mileage on NCT certificate so I don’t know about that one

Probably supplied to the INMR by a dealer when selling, typed in from the cert

Advertisement