Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea of Thieves

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I like it for what it is.

Like the invasion mode in Watch Dogs 1. I could have played it for years with zero content. (I actually did)

I just love sinking ships and taking their loot :D never gets old.

So that was you who sunk our ship when we were faffing around on an island. The jokes on you... We had no gold! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I like it for what it is.

Like the invasion mode in Watch Dogs 1. I could have played it for years with zero content. (I actually did)

I just love sinking ships and taking their loot :D never gets old.

Hate pr*cks like you!!!! :D
    IE: Actual Pirates LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

The Hungering Deap Free DLC hits the 29th May, I'm very much like Failsafe 00 I think its fun to jump on and play with mates...

I'm sitting at 47/46/47 in levels and want 50 for all before the "big release" however with no mates playing these days and grinding the last bit of the levels alone is sucking the fun out of it...

I'm also slowly being converted to play State of Decay 2 with friends even though that is extremely buggy some of the gameplay stories/items are a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Anyone on here play this still. Only playing a few months and its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

madalig12 wrote: »
    Anyone on here play this still. Only playing a few months and its brilliant.
    Yep. I fully agree, it's great craic with a mates - I've tried it with Rando's and it's hit or miss - you might get someone willing to coordinate with you and work together or you might get someone who just wants to run in circles with a hurdy gurdy.

It's definitely worth a play, if you gave up after launch because of all the new stuff to do - there are the Tall Tales and a bit more variety to the quests, now there's a proper trading system so you can make money on transporting goods to other outposts (buy low, sell high).

The new Seasons structure also makes it easy to get some bonuses just for playing the game. One of my gripes before was that you could be playing for an hour or so and be on your way back to sell your goodies when a Megalodon, Ghost ship or, worse, people would send it all to Davy Jone's locker.

Now, you can easily come out with a bunch of gold, ancient coins, dubloons or stuff by playing the game over a three month period.

While not being a completely different game, there is enough variety and engagement to give it a shot again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Loving it lately. I played a little bit when it came out at launch, got bored after not too long. After 2 of my friends got a series X a month or two ago, this is all we play now!

Im on xbox 'ali g no1' add me id love to have an irish crew going.

• The game is fun sometimes but there's tonnes of galleons going around hunting sloops. There's nothing I can do when that happens. So it feels fairly pointless to play it, I can't even master the basics before I get killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The game is fun sometimes but there's tonnes of galleons going around hunting sloops. There's nothing I can do when that happens. So it feels fairly pointless to play it, I can't even master the basics before I get killed.

Join up with one of the Discord alliance servers. Take's all the pain out of having to hook up with randoms.

Had Discord, deleted it. Couldnt figure out wtf was going on or how to use it. Im in 2 fb groups and a club on live and meet plenty of cool pirates during play and add them as friends when I do. Fishing for stormfish tonight. Last fishing galley trip turned into a 4 ship battle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement