Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 34 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Mendy misses out on bonus by small margins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Azpilicueta has been some disaster for me.

Got him in 5 games ago.

Chelsea lose to WBA 5-2 - 0 points
    2 points the next game
    Rested/Dropped against Brighton. Chelsea CS
    CS finally last week v West Ham - 6 points
    Rested/Dropped today. Chelsea CS.

Looking for a replacement now. Shaw maybe.

Ive had a similar problem with Mendy who I got in at the same time. 5 games, he was rested for Brighton which was a clean sheet and then I didnt play him v West Ham when he did get a clean sheet. His cleanie today is the first time he has returned for me since buying him 5 weeks ago. Glad I have Martinez there as an alternative as Chelseas fixtures get harder now with City, Arsenal and Leicester in the next three.

I doubt many own him but BBC reporting Jam Rod was injured in the warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Watkins goal

What an error. Watkins goal. Christ he's scored at least 4 on my bench this season but if Jota, Salah or Bruno don't play I'll get him off it I suppose ...

• Advertisement

DCL equaliser

Cartman78 wrote: »
    DCL equaliser

Digne Assist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    What an error. Watkins goal. Christ he's scored at least 4 on my bench this season but if Jota, Salah or Bruno don't play I'll get him off it I suppose ...

I reckon even though Villa have gone off the boil Watkins will be keen to keep going to get into the Euros squad. Looks hungry this evening and not in holiday mode yet anyway. Lack of creativity with Grealish still missing though so less chances for him.

I reckon even though Villa have gone off the boil Watkins will be keen to keep going to get into the Euros squad. Looks hungry this evening and not in holiday mode yet anyway. Lack of creativity with Grealish still missing though so less chances for him.

I have had him for a long time now. He plays high up to pitch and is always involved with maximum effort. Can't fault him at all. He just gets benched over expensive options! Should have played him!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Selling DCL for Vardy coming back to bite me. I'll probably end up reversing the transfer in GW36.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Watkins has turned into a goal machine since i sold him - 3 goals and 2 assists

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Watkins has turned into a goal machine since i sold him - 3 goals and 2 assists

Since February?

Machine indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

wonski wrote: »
    Since February?

Machine indeed :)

Have been very unlucky with striker spot - kept Che Adams for I think 10 games and he blanked, then Watkins for a bit.

Playing WC this week I think, need to figure out do I want DCL or Watkins now, DCL has the fixtures, and if they win tonight, have an outside shot at top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Digne Assist

Bout time that fella started doing something. Clean sheet week before assist now.
    Hopefully it is a good omen for the Everton DGW.
    Tempted to captain him now!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

El Ghazi (Traore)

Nice finish.

Thought villa had been fading a bit there but in fairness they've looked dangerous going forward at times tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just when Martinez and Gundog were becoming differentials, they turn sh1te. Terrible gameweek.

FT.

Good win for Villa. 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Siggy has been a wonderful gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Digne leading bonus is a nice surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

Played Digne & Watkins, benched Konsa & Martinez. That game couldnt have gone much better. Must resist the urge to check live rank

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Just when Martinez and Gundog were becoming differentials, they turn sh1te. Terrible gameweek.

Think those things may well be connected. Really hope Martinez gets 2 more cleanies though to break the Villa Premier League record from Friedel. I love the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Watkins should have had a monster score. One goal is disappointing, same with Cancelo, 6 points is pretty anticlimactic after all the chances he was involved in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

siblers wrote: »
    Watkins should have had a monster score. One goal is disappointing, same with Cancelo, 6 points is pretty anticlimactic after all the chances he was involved in

Seems to have been the story for Cancelo over most of the season-involved in a lot but not quite getting the returns that we’re expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

No Leno again, what a sh!t he has been

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Arsenal XI: Ryan, Bellerín, David Luiz, Gabriel Magalhães, Xhaka, Mohamed Elneny, Ceballos, Willian, Ødegaard, Martinelli Silva, Aubameyang(c)

Subs: Saka, Pépé, Nketiah, Chambers, Partey, Leno, Alves Soares, Smith Rowe, Marí
    #NEWARS

Newcastle XI: Dubravka, Murphy, Fernández, Clark, Dummett, Ritchie, Almirón, Longstaff, Shelvey(c), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

Subs: Gillespie, Schär, Anderson, Krafth, Joelinton, Gayle, Longstaff, Lewis, Hendrick
    #NEWARS

Holding not in squad. I'm running out of subs at this stage. FS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

No Holding. Brighton points off the bench

Fuppit...no Azpi or Holding and Phillips crocked on the bench....will be rocking a shakey back 2 of Holgate and Semedo.

Half expecting Semedo to be dropped after the Burnley match tbh

thunderdog wrote: »
    Seems to have been the story for Cancelo over most of the season-involved in a lot but not quite getting the returns that we’re expecting

yeah Pep needs to give Cancelo special coaching on his finishing like he did with Sterling a couple of years ago. That said Sterlings finishing seems to have regressed this season compared to the last one, every time I see him he is missing chances he would have scored 12 months ago

Was tempted to get Saka in a couple of weeks ago at the start of Arsenals 'easy' run of fixtures, bullet dodged there as Arteta seems to have given up on league position and the Europa League is everything to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Goal elneny

Advertisement