Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visa Sponsorship by Recruitment Agency

Options
  • 29-04-2021 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know if a Recruitment agency can sponsor a General skills visa, the position is for a critical skills role however the contract would be based on site on a client's location for 11 months so critical skills visa wouldn't be suitable. The guy is also like 2 months away from being eligible for stamp 4 and just got made redundant. HR are saying we can't sponsor but from their website it looks like it's possible, I rang them and got nothing, they gave me an email address that got me no response.

Is it possible for the guy to just apply for his own visa and that would be fine?
    Anyone got experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You're mixing up visas and work permits. Visas generally follow work permits. Work permits must be applied for by the employer.

Advertisement