Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carraroe or Roundstone?

• 30-04-2021 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,509 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys
    I'm looking to head down to Galway this summer and rent a cottage for 4 days to a week ,

I was just wondering where would be better in your opinion to stay Carraroe or runestone or any other recommendations

Myself and the missus meet in Carraroe many moons ago so thought be nice to go down that direction with the kids this summer, Iv been out to the Coral beach on a good few occasion but just on day trips

Any recommendations would great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Depends what you are into but I'd pick Roundstone myself. Dog's Bay Beach is incredible and Clifden is nearby.

If you choose Roundstone you could do one or two day trips to the Aran Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Plus 1 for Roundstone, although Carraroe is lovely too. Some quiet little roads and tucked away little beaches to explore there.
    Get your skates on if you're renting.
    Properties will go quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Roundstone

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Depends what you are into but I'd pick Roundstone myself. Dog's Bay Beach is incredible and Clifden is nearby.

If you choose Roundstone you could do one or two day trips to the Aran Islands.

Just re aran, carraroe would be a closer option to the pier if this is what you want .

If you’re bringing a car then a day trip from carraroe to round stone or vice versa is not only doable but a beautiful drive .

I agree with above poster you’d want to be booking ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Dogs Bay on a sunny day is the best place in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭howyanow

Roundstone would be my choice,nicer beaches and food options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

ArtyC wrote: »
    Just re aran, carraroe would be a closer option to the pier if this is what you want .

If you’re bringing a car then a day trip from carraroe to round stone or vice versa is not only doable but a beautiful drive .

I agree with above poster you’d want to be booking ASAP

Sorry, yes. I meant Carraroe for that part. Typed Roundstone by mistake.

Advertisement