Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XI *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

• 30-04-2021 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭

Part I
    Part II
    Part III
    Part IV
    Part V
    Part VI
    Part VII
    Part VIII
    Part IX
    Part X

All warnings and threadbans carry over. Please PM the mod issuing a threadban if you wish to discuss options for being allowed to post again

Mod warnings
    Beasty wrote: »
    It looks like tensions in this thread have been rising

Some general warnings to all:

Remain civil. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it's the polar opposite of your own does not invalidate it. Anyone who is uncivil towards other users can expect a minimum of a threadban.

Keep to the topic

Do not present "opinion" as "fact"

Do not believe all stats that are spouted. Usually figures presented in any official way are not only checked for inaccuracies, but will also have caveats and/or explanations of what was done to derive any conclusions reached. Stats though are not "facts" beyond the sample they represent. They can be used to draw conclusions over wider populations, but those conclusions are always subject to a margin of error

If you throw up an example please explain what point you are making. For example "Look at Sweden" means nothing unless you say what you are looking at in connection with Sweden. Is it restrictions, is it deaths, is it infections?

Hinting or implying that other users are re-regs is against the charter. It is strongly advised that you report posts and let the mods deal with it.

Threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this simple instruction.

Beasty wrote: »
    Another reminder - this thread is about restrictions and their relaxation

General Covid discussion belongs in the current Covid thread (#XVII)

Political discussion belongs in Current Affairs or Politics
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Mod actions can be discussed via PM if you like.

On thread is not permitted.

I will note what I said in the other thread this evening though:

Calling people names such as Dr. Death or Saint Tony etc. only weaken your argument, it's the lowest form of wit.

Keep it civil and on topic and you can discuss the restrictions or your opposition to them as much as you like

Stop bringing the cervical cancer discussion into this thread, if you want to discuss it, start a thread on it elsewhere on the site.

Mod:

I'm not going to post another warning on this - stop bringing up the cervical cancer issues in this thread.

It's in the OP not to discuss the issue, if you want to discuss it, go to another forum and start a thread on it, it is not Covid related.

Threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this instruction

Threadbans:
    housemouse
    Cupatae
    CtevenSrowder
    Unelected CMO
    Risteard81
    trapp
    RugbyLad11
    Jimmy Garlic
    Jinglejangle69
    easypazz
    snowcat
    ziggyman17
    ShineOn7
    JoeExotic81
    The_Dazzler - lifted 16/03/21
    lawrencesummers
    LiquidZeb
    gral6
    John O.Groats
    Plumbthedepths
    nofools
    MelbourneMan
    bucketybuck
    road_high
    Banana Republic 1
    manniot2
    Caraibh
    BryanMartin21
    MadYaker
    Coybig_
    Paddygreen
    Rrrrrr2
    drunkmonkey
    sweetmaggie
    HBC08
    patnor1011
    rusty cole
    zerosugarbuzz
    bettyoleary
    TheCitizen
    Ginger n Lemon
    risteard7
    sabat
    GazzaL
    Mr. Karate
    Kunta Kinte
    Cork2021
    RonaVirus
    BigAndy21
    Donald Trump
    ypre5 - lifted 2/3/21, reapplied 30/4/21
    jacdaniel2014
    MEGA BRO WOLF 5000
    2ndcoming
    Lundstram
    eskimohunt - lifted 4/3/21
    Kermit.de.frog
    Hector Savage
    BlaktainPicard
    LameBeaver
    rovers_runner
    DerekC16
    TonyMaloney
    LameBeaver
    raind - lifted 28/4/21
    Idbatterim
    PowerToWait
    TomSweeney - lifted 5/5/21
    dalyboy
    Berties_Horse
    Swaine
    FintanMcluskey
    Samsonsmasher
    Boggerman12
    TomsOnTheRoof
    xhomelezz
    NIAC Fanboy
    Hooter23
    NoLuckLarry
    paddyisreal
    Silentcorner
    zackory

Comments

Things are opening up. Have a good long weekend all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Not good case numbers this evening... Think people ha e become to relaxed after the announcement last night and let their guard down..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

It's great to finally have a plan to ease the restrictions going forward.

Here's hoping that the plan isn't abandoned straight away due to an inevitable increase in cases as result of the easing of restrictions over the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭giveitholly

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Not good case numbers this evening... Think people ha e become to relaxed after the announcement last night and let their guard down..

Yeah they all got infected and tested positive in the last 24 hours,scandalous behaviour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

If that was the case you would not see it in the numbers after just one day.

• Advertisement

Yeah they all got infected and tested positive in the last 24 hours,scandalous behaviour.....

I noticed it myself around my area. Less social distancing. I think the numbers will increase steadily over the coming days. Really hope we don't go back into lockdown... Especially not the 5km thing

I noticed it myself around my area. Less social distancing. I think the numbers will increase steadily over the coming days. Really hope we don't go back into lockdown... Especially not the 5km thing

Yeah I'd say we are goosed,you better make sure you get to the beach as often as you can because you will be banned in a couple of weeks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Eh? You think people let their guard down between last night and today, developed symptoms, got tested and got results?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Yeah I'd say we are goosed,you better make sure you get to the beach as often as you can because you will be banned in a couple of weeks again

That's my fear.. Can't see it happening though..

• Advertisement

That's my fear.. Can't see it happening though..

As you said cases are rising,this is only going one way,reckon it will be a 2km limit this time just to teach us a lesson

Ah come on.. load of nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

bear1 wrote: »

Level 3 + 2 is coming down the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Dickie10

maybe a stay in bed rule this time, 2km is still too much. were gravely concerned now.the next 2 weeks is crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Jesus that was quick. The announcement made at 6 last night, infected, tested and results all before midnight.... record speed

We couldn't have one day, just one day of positivity.

We couldn't have one day, just one day of positivity.

We can’t have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The girlos better get booking Penneys!

Penneys announce shopping by appointment ahead of full reopening https://jrnl.ie/5425737

gmisk wrote: »
    The girlos better get booking Penny's!

Penneys announce shopping by appointment ahead of full reopening https://jrnl.ie/5425737

Elastoplast on the undies is the new tick tok quick repair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Case numbers alone are already becoming less relevant, that's likely to continue particularly as the vaccination program rolls out.

Hospitalisations, ICU beds, deaths and vaccinations are going to be the more significant numbers to watch.

I think things are looking pretty positive now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Bit the bullet and me and the other half went up to Newry today about 1.30 ish. No guards or checkpoints. Car parks busy up there but shops not that bad. Well she was in primark was busy took only 10 mins in q to get in but she got a lot of shopping done. Debenhams was busy as was in there myself. Got a bit there myself and other shops. We spent about 475 pounds between us. Didn't eat up there or anything, masks on most people wearing masks in shops. Nice to do something normal in such a long time. Few other own South accents I heard up there as well and down south reg cars not mad amount but a few.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well in fairness, the rate in Donegal is a bit nuts up there whatever they're at. Mass face-licking parties or something maybe. Everywhere else seems to be coming down gradually apart from there.

It won't affect the restrictions being loosened though imo, unless they decide to regionalize it again. Given how poorly that went the last time... it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine reopening dates can't be brought forward ?

A lot of money going into the Northern Irish economy from the South but that's grand because the government here think we're all been good and not travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Well in fairness, the rate in Donegal is a bit nuts up there whatever they're at. Mass face-licking parties or something maybe. Everywhere else seems to be coming down gradually apart from there.

It won't affect the restrictions being loosened though imo, unless they decide to regionalize it again. Given how poorly that went the last time... it's unlikely.

If they did it wouldn`t be difficult. One checkpoint in Ballyshannon and there would be nowhere to go other than Northern Ireland

It’s the new Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and me and the other half went up to Newry today about 1.30 ish. No guards or checkpoints. Car parks busy up there but shops not that bad. Well she was in primark was busy took only 10 mins in q to get in but she got a lot of shopping done. Debenhams was busy as was in there myself. Got a bit there myself and other shops. We spent about 475 pounds between us. Didn't eat up there or anything, masks on most people wearing masks in shops. Nice to do something normal in such a long time. Few other own South accents I heard up there as well and down south reg cars not mad amount but a few.
    Debenhams.....I wouldn't darken their doors again.
    Shipped stock from the ROI stores.

Tbh I am happy enough to wait the couple of weeks til they reopen shops down here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It’s the new Dublin.

Property prices will sky rocket any day now. 400k for a 3 bed in Falcarragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dutchboy352

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Property prices will sky rocket any day now. 400k for a 3 bed in Falcarragh.

Where would Donegal's D4/Foxrock equivalents be?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

I genuinely don't believe we'll get to dine out in June, im sadly after being trained to accept my freedom being hijacked, after a few haircuts and new socks from pennies, im pretty sure everything will be pushed back by another 4/5 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine reopening dates can't be brought forward ?

A lot of money going into the Northern Irish economy from the South but that's grand because the government here think we're all been good and not travelling

You've clearly never lived through a Christmas with a weak pound.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement