Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 34 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Vardy should have scored

It's the hope that kills you with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭Xander10

Vardy should have scored

Aside from the early part of the season, when refs were giving out penalties like confetti, his goals returns has been shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Nacho fail time to watch spurs behind the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

but1er wrote: »
    Nacho fail time to watch spurs behind the couch

At least he got something, I’m glad I took the hit to get Kane in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Crystal Palace XI: Guaita, Ward, Kouyaté, Dann, Mitchell, Riedewald, Milivojevic(c), Eze, Townsend, Benteke, Zaha

Subs: Mateta, van Aanholt, Ayew, McCarthy, Batshuayi, Cahill, Schlupp, Butland, Kelly

Man City XI: Ederson, João Cancelo, Laporte, Aké, Mendy, Torres, Rodrigo, Luiz Rosa(c), Sterling, Agüero, de Jesus

Subs: Rúben Dias, Walker, Foden, Steffen, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Gündogan, De Bruyne, Zinchenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,122 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Very attacking City team there. Lots of rotation too. Not sure if many have any of their players any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

I had to google who the city captain is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No Gundog is annoying. He would’ve been a differential for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

After this week the selections might get a bit more predictable for city. Wont be full strength every week but the Champions League final isnt until way after the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero goal

Mendy assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Aguero goal.

wonski wrote: »
    Aguero goal.

Mendy assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Torres goal

Torres (Sterling)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Torres 2-0. Sterling assist

Sterling assist.

Benimar wrote: »
    Torres 2-0. Sterling assist

Not sure, it deflected to Torres, he wasn't the intended target

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Islander13 wrote: »
    After this week the selections might get a bit more predictable for city. Wont be full strength every week but the Champions League final isnt until way after the end of the season

Getting to the stage of the season where there is a lot of uncertainty. If City have already won the league and are in the final of the champions league - which might be the case by next weekend - what kind of team will they put out for the last few games and how hard will the players be trying? Hard to know.

Sterling hits the post. Could be a goal in him yet.

JPup wrote: »
    Getting to the stage of the season where there is a lot of uncertainty. If City have already won the league and are in the final of the champions league - which might be the case by next weekend - what kind of team will they put out for the last few games and how hard will the players be trying? Hard to know.

I'd say this team playing today could well be the bones of the 'league' side. Certainly Fernandinho, Mendy, Ake & Torres etc

• Advertisement

I don't think Sterling will get that assist

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

JPup wrote: »

You'd imagine anyone playing will be doing their damnedest to cement a starting spot for the CL final (assuming they qualify).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Yeah I would imagine that Pep will want close to his best 11 working cohesively/regularly in the run up to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

You'd imagine anyone playing will be doing their damnedest to cement a starting spot for the CL final (assuming they qualify).

Yeah. Certainly the fringe players will. The likes of Dias and De Bruyne might try to manage their work load though.

Ederson save point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Almost a worldie from Cancelo

Cancelo missed a glorious chance. So close

Brighton — Sánchez; Webster, Dunk(C), White; Veltman, Groß, Bissouma, Burn; Trossard; Maupay, Welbeck.

Leeds — Meslier; Ayling(C), Llorente, Koch, Alioski; Struijk; Dallas, Klich, Roberts, Harrison; Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dias and PvA being benched means I'm only going to have 2 playing defenders again this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

When I had Cancelo Dias was nailed and now I have Dias he's benched FS :(
    Fed up of City

Advertisement