Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Our Kid, COVID, Bell-X1, & Bonus Deafness!: The Late Late Show Friday 30th April 2021

Options
  • 29-04-2021 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

A meeting of mono-brows this week as the elder Gallagher meets Mr. Fun. Any dead relatives?
    Noel Gallagher will be among Ryan Tubridy's guests on Friday's Late Late Show on RTÉ One.

The singer-songwriter will be discussing Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' upcoming greatest hits collection, Back the Way We Came: Vol 1 (2011-2021), and will give an exclusive performance of Dead in the Water, a track originally recorded on RTÉ 2FM.

A half dozen pensioners, (real ones, not RTE ones) some of whom must be sick, surely, are rolled out following administration of their vaccines.
    After 14 months cocooning at home, the show welcomes six fully vaccinated pensioners to studio as they excitedly embrace their newfound freedoms.

Also.
    Plus, Bell X1 will be giving a special rendition of their classic single The Great Defector.

Misery slot now helpfully provided by a "friend of the show." Yeah, yeah, etc.
    On Monday morning, a caller to the Ryan Tubridy Show stopped listeners in their tracks with his honest account of the obstacles faced by his deaf son in Irish society, and spoke about the important role the film is playing in raising awareness

The film being "The Sound of Metal".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The new series of ‘This Time With Alan Partridge’ is starting at the same time as the LLS this Friday night :)

I look forward to watching an inept broadcaster who is prone to live on-air gaffes, being completely out of touch with current pop culture and being extremely patronising towards the working class.

And then I’ll turn over to watch Alan Partridge :cool:

(Expect more of this for the next six weeks) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can we get Liam on too, that be supernova class

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Everlong1

The singer-songwriter will be discussing Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' upcoming greatest hits collection, Back the Way We Came: Vol 1 (2011-2021),

Is this a joke? I defy anyone on this thread to name a single High Flying Birds "hit".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hopefully it’s live and Noel had a skin full today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

He posted on Wednesday that he had a great meeting about this year's toy show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Storm 10 wrote: »
    He posted on Wednesday that he had a great meeting about this year's toy show

Noel Gallagher??is he the singer that’s going to walk to surprise some young fella giving their best rendition of “Wonderwall”??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on the owl

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Good line up for once ?

Hi all - a Punk IPA for me.

• Advertisement

Had me two sisters and and brother in the house for the first time in a year - it was wonderful - and we are not an emotional family.

Looks like Ryan has had a pint - this is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can we get Liam on too, that be supernova class

I thought “our kid” was Liam?

Cringeworthy fcukin covid sh1te talk again.
    A one trick pony that should be took out and shot for the greater good

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Masseys could give everyone in the audience a free funeral package.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hes hyper

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

70 year you show reunion?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jacket fits him well

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

can we not sit down after another ****e week and forget about Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

Cringeworthy fcukin covid sh1te talk again.
    A one trick pony that should be took out and shot for the greater good

COVID hasn’t been mentioned once so far.

Just saying.

• Advertisement
    M

Daniel O'Donnell should play Slane for the vaccinated.

All vaccinated and the RTÉ pc boll1x still has the bullet proof glass up for fear of upsetting a curtain twitcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Haha she couldn’t give a **** for Covid and the other lad trying the populist nonsense

Fair play to her

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Partridge just said something was "intriguing".

A nod to his hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hard to believe these ladies were 18 when the lockdown started

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im not watching...i just saw tubridys promo after the news....what an insufferable smug prick...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

M

There should just be perspex behind Tubridy, wtf are they at?

They have a great attitude to life these people - could teach us grumpy ****ers a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Liaison

All vaccinated and the RTÉ pc boll1x still has the bullet proof glass up for fear of upsetting a curtain twitcher

Yeah you wont get covid if your vaccinated but.....you will need a booster 💲💲💲

• Advertisement
    M

I'd say World War II in this country was a piece of piss compared to the last year here.

Advertisement