Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 34 Transfer Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was going to bank now now I think I might take a chance on Luke Thomas tonight away to Southampton who are missing a few. In for Rudiger, who I probably would end up benching a bit in the upcoming few weeks anyways.

He has the double upcoming too. Even if he got some points tonight, they would be better than Rudiger's 0 and I don't want to do double Liverpool defence away to Man Utd.

At worst, he is a 4.1 bench fodder & enabler for the season end.

Gonna chance Thomas as this guy says he is starting tonight.

https://twitter.com/SmuelMartinFPL/status/1388125411192803332

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Plan was Vardy to Kane but tempted by a -4 of Salah/Davis to Siggy/Kane, seems a good -4 to take?

Personally, I think dropping Salah is madness. In a misfiring Liverpool, he keeps firing. United is an awkward fixture but I wouldn't put it past him to score. The run in is good then. Liverpool still need to win games, Spurs don't

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pogue eile wrote: »
    It's very difficult to know how Spurs will react after loosing the Cup final. Their season is all but over - Kane is really the only one with anything to play for.

I have 3 of them and am worried - that said it would be a very 'spurs' thing for them to turn around and wallop Sheffield in a nothing game, it's kind of what they do.

I don't think Spurs season is over by any stretch.

Leicester have United, Chelsea and Spurs left
    Chelsea have City, Arsenal and Leicester, and are in CL

If Spurs can b within 3 points of Leicester going into the last game and win - they'll leapfrog them. All other teams have really tough games. Liverpool for instance need to win against United really - to avoid Spurs and Everton leapfrogging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ballyargus wrote: »
    Personally, I think dropping Salah is madness. In a misfiring Liverpool, he keeps firing. United is an awkward fixture but I wouldn't put it past him to score. The run in is good then. Liverpool still need to win games, Spurs don't

I know but feel Kane is essential this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Just saw Rudiger injury so moving him on for Digne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fitz* wrote: »
    Gonna chance Thomas as this guy says he is starting tonight.

https://twitter.com/SmuelMartinFPL/status/1388125411192803332

I had literally never hear of this fella til I saw your post :-)

I have Rudiger and Phillips red flagged and only Holding in reserve, alongside Semedo and Azpi so I could conceivably just have 1 defender this GW.

Would a hit for Thomas (or another cheap DGW defender) be a wise and canny move or just a waste of four hard earned points?

Plan was Vardy to Kane but tempted by a -4 of Salah/Davis to Siggy/Kane, seems a good -4 to take?
    ballyargus wrote: »

He scored 2 at Old Trafford in the cup this season. And that was just after a period of time when Liverpool scored 1 goal in 5 league games.

Salah is also going for the golden boot so I wouldn't drop him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I have Rudiger out injured and Masuaku listed as a 25% chance of making the game. If Masuaku misses out I'm left with relying on Holding to start.

I've already taken a hit but am considering a -8 to do Rudiger to Digne as Holding isn't guaranteed to play. Digne has AVL then a double followed by SHU and WOL.

Is Rudiger to Digne worth a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Fitz* wrote: »
    He scored 2 at Old Trafford in the cup this season. And that was just after a period of time when Liverpool scored 1 goal in 5 league games.

Salah is also going for the golden boot so I wouldn't drop him myself.

Vardy to Kane it is so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I had literally never hear of this fella til I saw your post :-)

I have Rudiger and Phillips red flagged and only Holding in reserve, alongside Semedo and Azpi so I could conceivably just have 1 defender this GW.

Would a hit for Thomas (or another cheap DGW defender) be a wise and canny move or just a waste of four hard earned points?

It's a tricky one, you'd expect Ricardo to get some minutes before the end of the season. But Castagne is much better on the right so maybe Rogers will stick with this defensive line up going forward and use Ricardo as more of a winger. All speculation on my part though! I've been following that Sam guy for a while, be must have connections to the club because he's been getting the team spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Rudiger to ward, as third bench player and very good DGW and a 36 gw.
    More importantly allows son and vydra to zaha and dcl for DGW for free next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Jota/Vardy to Kane/Pereira for a reluctant hit. Didn’t have the balls to bank the transfer as I cannot afford not to have Kane and Vardy may not play both of the double gw due to the Cup Final.

skippy15 wrote: »
    Rudiger to ward, as third bench player and very good DGW and a 36 gw.
    More importantly allows son and vydra to zaha and dcl for DGW for free next week

Ward only just played 90 min game- is he guaranteed his spot until end of season?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ward only just played 90 min game- is he guaranteed his spot until end of season?

He's played the last 9 in the league. I'm thinking of him for the DGW meself actually.

Ward has played 90 mins the last 8 games for palace?

Sorry i got mixed up with Dann

Sorry i got mixed up with Dann

Ha I had run in and double check to be sure,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Planned to bank but I did Phillips to Coleman as I have enough injuries with Raphina and now Rudiger.

Not the most reliable guy to bring in but he has potential to provide decent points for the run in. Fingers crossed he starts tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did Rudiger to Coufal, wasnt much else around at under the 4.9 I had to spend. Have benched Coufal as 1st sub anyway if Dias doesnt start

• Advertisement
Advertisement