Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nerd69 wrote: »
    So how do we feel the off-season will go? Lot of players almost certainly gone but it feels like a probability we go into next year with two QBs.

Jamar chase seems like the dream.pick for us but I don't know if there's value in a reciever with a team that may take a year or two at best to get back perhaps a trade back is ideal

Well our new head coach said in front of the whole world that the GM Howie Roseman is in charge of the roster so given the last couple of years, I’ll be happy if there’s a 53 man roster by the next season. Obviously that’s being a bit dramatic but how he’s still there and Doug was giving his walking papers is a huge surprise. He’s and much to blame, if not more on the landfill of a team the eagles have had the past couple of seasons. His drafts haven’t been good really. I don’t know there’ll be a team playing next season but I would put money down on its make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

I suppose the hope is glen dorsey was brought in so howie will be told to stay away from the draft but I suspect his ego will prevent that

nerd69 wrote: »
    I suppose the hope is glen dorsey was brought in so howie will be told to stay away from the draft but I suspect his ego will prevent that

Probably. I mean yes okay fair enough he got a raw deal when chip Kelly was head coach(remember that dog and pony show ?) and got demoted and I did feel sorry for him but Jesus that sympathy is well gone now. I just don’t understand how he’s still there. The super bowl win wasn’t built on his drafting so what exactly is he pitching as his success ? Anyway after the super bowl I’ll be checking out of football for a couple of weeks like I always do and hopefully by the draft we might see where things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Celtic_Eagle

What is the view of Eagle's fans on here in relation to next season's QB?

Are you happy enough for Carson to be traded (Rumours the bears are in heavy for him with Foles returning along with potential first round pick) and run with Jalen Hurts or are you in the keep CW at all costs camp?

I think it is worth going again with CW with a new OC in place and see if he can regain some confidence. I think he is a franchise QB but didn't get much help from an ageing O-Line over the last few months. People are saying he needs a fresh start but with a new HC he could get that by staying put if indeed management fancy him?

I know the cap is a mess and it might take us a few years to get out the other side of it but I think it is a huge off season for the Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Personally, i'd trade Wentz, i was never really a fan, and if we get the superbowl mvp back, i think he's perfect for Hurts to learn from and we get a 1st to

• Advertisement

Would not disagree with that either to be honest? I am not 100% in the CW camp, I just think he and the Eagles would benefit from giving it another go however I would be comfortable enough with Hurts starting as he looks solid with his movement in the pocket and has the legs which CW doesn't.

I suppose it all depends on what other organisations are offering for CW?

Very surprised Howie was not part of the purge......he needs to perform on draft day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Wentz gone to the Colts for some middle order draft picks this and next draft. If the Colts do well next season Eagles get a second 1st round pick.

So what are Eagle's fans views on DeVonta Smith??

Solid choice in my opinion and will bring some versatility to the roster

So what are Eagle's fans views on DeVonta Smith??

Solid choice in my opinion and will bring some versatility to the roster

I'm delighted with it. If you look at the recieving talent we've had as a franchise he's probably our highest rated drafted reciever ever. Certainly for my time following the team. If you look at how much fans loved desean smith could end up a club legend all going well.

He should also allow reagor to step up a bit i really couldn't be happier with it.

I agree fully and think overall the draft is a very positive one. I didn't think it was in Howie and time will tell but it appears on paper to be the best draft in years for the eagles..

• Advertisement

Hard to say really for the whole class but smiths our best prospect in some time. Dickersons health is a major concern and miltilon williams is an athletic shot in the dark so we will see how they go

Dickerson's injury issues are a major concern alright but if they can keep him fit and right he should be a decent acquisition.

It feels like it could be a new dawn but in typical Eagle's fashion we will be brought back down to earth and hopes dashed after 2/3 weeks of the regular season but staying positive

Dickerson's injury issues are a major concern alright but if they can keep him fit and right he should be a decent acquisition.

It feels like it could be a new dawn but in typical Eagle's fashion we will be brought back down to earth and hopes dashed after 2/3 weeks of the regular season but staying positive

I don't expect us to be competing anyway next year being honest so I'd just be happy with performances from the likes of hurts,smith,reagor,mialata,dillard etc iv few hopes to be dashed

Well it’s one game and it’s against a poor Atlanta team but there are certainly some positives to take from the game. The defense held and then got more into the game which is good. The O line had moments where they couldn’t stop false starting but on the whole they were much better than this time season already. Jalen hurts played very well, as did devonta smith, and Gainwell at RB had a nice day. Our two TEs did some nice work and Dallas Goedert got a TD.

As I said it’s one game but if they can build on the positives and limit the bad stuff against what is a tough stretch of games I'll be happy and have a better feel for the team, but certainly cautious optimism which is rare for eagles fans.

Ya the falcons where really bad but we looked good. Hurts looked composed and the team looked better coached and schemed than last year. Next week against the 9ers will be telling. I expect a loss but the performance will be interesting

I am actually optimistic for Sunday given the display last weekend. I was worried after the first 2 Atlanta drives but once the defense kept them out in the red zone they grew from there. JH looked very solid and it was a wise move to make some simple initial plays to help find some rhythm. The discipline re penalties conceded would worry me so a lot of work to be done pre game this weekend. The 9ers impressed me in the highlights reel from week 1 but back on home soil i think we have a good chance in giving them a run for their money. If we can build on the performance we can give the cowboys a run for the division however there is a lot of ball to be played.

Really disappointing second half last night, the momentum completely shifted when we could not add to the 3 point lead in the end zone late in the second quarter.

Some of the play calls were strange to say the least but they dug in until the end. Again stupid penalties costing us and hearing that Brandon Graham has done his achilles and is out for the year which is a disaster. Losing him and Brooks yesterday meant the D could not get near JG and the 9ers kept plugging away and making plays and yards.

Fletcher Cox needs to also start earning his crust as the highest paid player on the roster, 1 sack in the last 6/7 games tells its own story.

We go again week 3

To be fair to Cox him getting double teamed is why hargrave is playing well. Cox still collapsing the pocket through double teams os good work

Fair comment and i know he generally creates space for others but would be looking for a bit more from him but only 2 games in and the coaching ticket still working up schemes no doubt.

I know I’m a couple of days late but I decided to watch the game in 40 on gamepass and there were moments that had they went right we’d have won because yes the niners scored 17 points but it wasn’t a smooth as that sounds.

Jalen hurts had a bit of a reality check but still had some good moments. The Oline was okay but Brandon brooks being injured(hopefully not serious) didn’t help. Devonta smith wasn’t as impressive as week 1. The reagor non TD was unlucky but the mess down the other end was annoying. It’s like that got to the goaline and went blank. I’m not sure what to think for next Monday night against Dallas who got the win against the chargers but it wasn’t a great showing.

• Advertisement

Jordan Mailata confirmed out for tonight too......not looking forward to this one but lets hope Dillard plugs that gap.

It could be a long night

Abysmal this morning, zero running game and another week with far too many penalties conceded.

Massive week coming up however if feels now like the optimism of week one is evaporating quickly

I was right what I said about the Atlanta game being one game. I didn’t see the game live but early this morning and at lunchtime I’ve watched most of the game in 40 on gamepass and Jalen hurts and the teams got another reality check last night. Not sure where we go from here but it can only be up. The lack of discipline two weeks running is one of many areas of concern.

next week is another week as they say.

It certainly does not feel like we should be 1-3, again some positive aspects to last night and i think JH is definitely the future and making plays but again penalties are killing us!! albeit some very unfortunate ones at times but discipline is an easy.

we need to get a few wins on the board but cannot see it happening with the level of injuries and key personnel missing

A big big win for the birds last night! I really could not see it playing out that way at half time and indiscipline and penalty concessions looked liked killing us again. Big play Slay, Steven Nelson and Avonte Maddox came up with some serious plays, i thought the Maddox one in particular was hugely important at that stage of the game.

We are still a work in progress and loads of areas that need massive improvement but you cannot help but think that last night was critical for the coaching ticket.

Bring on Brady....

TNF and tomorrow off work 😍

I think we will give Brady et al a rub but may ultimately come up short but looking forward to see how the coach and team stack up against the best

** Run ** although i am sure he would not mind a rub! 😅

Disappointing again and the game was over by HT even though they dug in!

The Offense is simply not running the ball enough, Miles Sanders is not seeing any of it!

Anyway 2-4 is probably a fair reflection on where the eagles are as a football team

Miles sanders is getting frustrated to boot silly run out if bounds twice at the end of last week and silly penalty early in the game this morning in our first drive. This is just a bad team at the moment. I'm sceptical enough of the coaching but hurts is not an nfl starting qb so it looks like we're in for someone this off-season

• Advertisement

He’s run out of bounds several times this season before last night and it drives me nuts because in previous games it stoped the clock when I’ve needed it to run.

Advertisement