Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 34 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking of banking this week. Then bench Jota as some have already mentioned and bring in Coufal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chasing in my ML around 100 points behind the leader and im in 4th so need to gamble

Martinez Sanchez
    Phillips Alioski TAA Shaw Coufal
    Bruno Jesse KDB Jota Maddison
    Vardy Watkins Cavani

1Ft .5 itb

Looking at Maddison and Cavani - Bale and Wood like I say it’s 2 failed punts for 2 more punts to see can I close the gap. Kane and Iheanacho are in most teams above me so Bale and Vardy are differentials

Appreciate any input lads as I’m completely lost
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Is making up the 100 pts your only concern at this point (i.e. you dont care about OR etc...)? If so the below would be my advice

100pts is almost certainly unassailable at this point. But no harm in trying - if you're going to try you need to do something absolutely left field though. Huge differential swings needed at this point. You need a player capable of a 20pt haul who no one else will have. I'd probably be looking at City for this - people are avoiding them because of rotation and they of course are capable of racking up big points.

I'd probably take out Bruno and bring in Sterling and captain him. Most likely this will fail, but it's the only very slight chance you have of making a considerable dent in that lead. You need a big 30-40pt swing soon to have any chance at all

As Morzadec says you need to be looking at not only bringing in punts but captaining them, I would be more inclined to go with low owned players with some form than likes of Sterling.

Siggy for instance - low ownership - has DGW, scored 2 against spurs - and has decent fixtures.

Jota should have had first half hattrick the other day - so if you think he'll start he would be worth captaincy.

Trossard - can go on streaks - and next two games could be open
    Foden - another punt - has potential to get big score, but equally could get 1 point from 5 min camero.

5 GW's to make up 100 points, while not impossible - you need to within say 15 points on final GW to have chance.

Saint Max for last two games - two great fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looking at the amount of 0-0s that United have had against big 6 teams this season, as well as 4 out of the last 9 matches between these two ending 0-0, I think I'm going to play Shaw and bench Jota in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Is tomorrow and the weekends games counted as April or May in leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Morzadec wrote: »
    Looking at the amount of 0-0s that United have had against big 6 teams this season, as well as 4 out of the last 9 matches between these two ending 0-0, I think I'm going to play Shaw and bench Jota in the end.

It's for this exact reason I'm looking at selling Fernandes for Son..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

FrankN1 wrote: »
    Is tomorrow and the weekends games counted as April or May in leagues?

April

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing and now Bruno has two goals and an assist in the Europa league to confuse things. Still 20 mins to go as I write this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JPup wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing and now Bruno has two goals and an assist in the Europa league to confuse things. Still 20 mins to go as I write this too!
    I was also looking at the same and also don't feel like I can do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have brought in Laporte for Cancelo (rotation guaranteed) and Siggy for the injured Raphinha for a -4 hit.

Had planned to play by bench boost this week (Patricio vs WBA, Sanchez vs Leeds), but have both Jota and Bruno and think that could be a stalemate now. Targett would be my only defender against one of my attackers this weekend. Might risk it when Brighton play Wolves the following weekend instead.

Torn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

I'm in danger of rolling over and losing a FT for only the second time ever in the game and just feels wrong- :eek: more used to taking hits
    Potentially pretty well set up if DGW/BGW goes to plan as BenCrellins spreadhseet seems likely,
    GW 35: 7 DGW players with Salah/ Trent/ Jota/ Kane
    BGW 36: 10 players

Basically comes down to a move for a cheap playing def for 35, currently have Lowton, have 4.5 to spend, Leeds guys only ones I can afford with decent fixtures possibly allioski or am I missing anyone else, Lowton himself is a decent shout so not sure,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

From a United fans perspective, after them smashing Roma at home, with 5 goals in the second half, there gonna bottle it the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Patricio (Forster)
    TAA Coady Holding (Coufal) (Phillips)
    Salah Pulisic Fernandes Greenwood Soucek
    Kane Iheanacho (Davis)

--

I've already (rashly) brought in Pulisic as my FT. I am tempted to swap out Fernandes for Mount and Cavani for a -8

Is it worth it?

ballyargus wrote: »
    Patricio (Forster)
    TAA Coady Holding (Coufal) (Phillips)
    Salah Pulisic Fernandes Greenwood Soucek
    Kane Iheanacho (Davis)

--

I've already (rashly) brought in Pulisic as my FT. I am tempted to swap out Fernandes for Mount and Cavani for a -8

Is it worth it?
    Eh, hard to take Bruno out for a hit after that last night surely?

Now I don't know what to do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

CSF wrote: »
    Eh, hard to take Bruno out for a hit after that last night surely?

Ah, he was shattered in the last few games and last night won’t have helped. Roma were very poor and missing players too. Based on his next fixtures I’ll be getting taking him out. He’s bound to haul on of the games but still think he’s worth taking out, if it improves your team overall.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Ah, he was shattered in the last few games and last night won’t have helped. Roma were very poor and missing players too. Based on his next fixtures I’ll be getting taking him out. He’s bound to haul on of the games but still think he’s worth taking out, if it improves your team overall.
    He likely has a DGW next week though, can we really move him out after that performance last night, a week before he likely has a DGW? On that kind of form (and with the Roma 2nd leg almost being a nothing game now) he is probably prime captain candidate for GW35 now?

CSF wrote: »
    He likely has a DGW next week though, can we really move him out after that performance last night, a week before he likely has a DGW? On that kind of form (and with the Roma 2nd leg almost being a nothing game now) he is probably prime captain candidate for GW35 now?

The DGW is a fair point. I'm probably biased in wanting him out, as I need funds to bring Kane in. The uncertainty of these DGWs are annoying!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Suppose I have to get Kane in? It'll be a -4. Vardy or Bamford to go. Leaning towards Bamford out.

Any 6.3m or below midfielder recommendations? (I have Gundog).

Okay. Definitely Bamford out, Kane in, as Vardy will have a DGW (assuming so).

I'm then going to dump Bruno for bench fodder. This allows funds to upgrade Gundo and Dawson for the DGW. Fingers crossed this all works out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Rudiger is a doubt for this weekend's game.

https://twitter.com/siphillipssport/status/1388109872659587072

Fitz* wrote: »

Good news for Azpi owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Good news for Azpi owners.

Not great news for Azpi and Rudiger owners :-)

Have had them since wildcarding a few weeks ago and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I am going to bank this week to leave me with two transfers for the potential DGW.

Was planning transfers after the DGW-BGW and looking at Citys fixtures for the last 3 games theyve got Newcastle, Brighton, Everton to finish off the season. When the Newcastle game kicks off on May the 12th City will either be in the CL final a week after the PL season ends or they will have only the league to play for. Even if they are in the CL final I think the Pep roulette will become more steady for those final three games, he is likely to want to keep his strongest team sharp with game time before the week lead up to the CL final. It might be a good time to look at getting either Gundo or KdB back in. Other City players will be giving it their all to get a starting place in that CL final.

Fitz* wrote: »

oh no there goes my plan to bank the free transfer. It might actually work out well to sell Rudiger now as he is down on Bens chart to blank 36 anyway and Chelsea have a tough run in. But who to replace him with? Have Dallas, Dias, Targett and Castagne there already. Theres not many decent options 4.6m or under

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Plan was Vardy to Kane but tempted by a -4 of Salah/Davis to Siggy/Kane, seems a good -4 to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Leicester unchanged according to Sam Martin on Twitter, he's been right for the last few games. Have Ricardo benched then and Rudiger also out. Might do a Ricardo to Castagne sideways move though that feels a bit like chasing points. Maybe Shaw would be a better option.

Castagne gets in the box a lot and has two great fixtures, Southampton and Newcastle. Id fancy him to outscore Shaw attacking wise and Leicester should be good for one clean sheet from those two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone thinking bale in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Castagne gets in the box a lot and has two great fixtures, Southampton and Newcastle. Id fancy him to outscore Shaw attacking wise and Leicester should be good for one clean sheet from those two games.

Yeah I agree short term he's the best option but then their last 3 fixtures are poor. But I guess it's not the clean sheets I'd be buying him for. I could just play Konsa but really don't fancy double Villa defence away at Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭COH

I was all set on Vardy > Kane until Leicesters double game week was confirmed. Might just bank now but seems a terrible week to be without any Spurs players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

COH wrote: »
    I was all set on Vardy > Kane until Leicesters double game week was confirmed. Might just bank now but seems a terrible week to be without any Spurs players

It's very difficult to know how Spurs will react after loosing the Cup final. Their season is all but over - Kane is really the only one with anything to play for.

I have 3 of them and am worried - that said it would be a very 'spurs' thing for them to turn around and wallop Sheffield in a nothing game, it's kind of what they do.

Advertisement