Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Capital Cities of the World - PEEHS [Closing: 30th April]

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yes please resend it. I checked my PM box there and don't see it, so not sure what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just fired in an entry there as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Surprised Ted_EFC hasn't signed up for this.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ah bollox. I got one wrong. Choice of 2 cities both of which I visited and I picked the wrong one.

And I think I picked the wrong Congo aswell. :(

Mid table obscurity is my goal now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yeah, I got stung by one where the capital changed 40 years ago, which was complete news to me! I checked the ones I was unsure of and was doing well, and then I said I'd confirm I was right on this one and got the rug pulled from under me. Ah well. :p

Wasn't going near the two Congos because I knew I'd pick the wrong one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He probably thinks Merseyside is the capital of Europe :D

I'll try get mine in today QB, sorry for the delay, been flat out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

cdeb wrote: »
    Wasn't going near the two Congos because I knew I'd pick the wrong one.

I knew them both and if I hadn't been doing it while in bed half asleep I would have got it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sorry quick beam, I don't see my name on the list, if u didn't get it, can I re enter

Trigger wrote: »
      He probably thinks Merseyside is the capital of Europe :D

I'll try get mine in today QB, sorry for the delay, been flat out

Careful now, I see a player above has another Liverpool reference in his name....

giphy.gif

Also, welcome Djimi

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
      I knew them both and if I hadn't been doing it while in bed half asleep I would have got it :(
      I know them both, but I can never remember which is DR Congo and which is the other Congo.

So I also said I reckon everyone will be drawn to that answer and it'll score highly - two reasons to avoid it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I didn't even know there were two Congos... :o

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

miamee wrote: »

Democratic Republic of Congo used to be known as Zaire.

Two-congos-768x542.jpg

Weird fact: I randomised the countries I included, but swapped out DRC because it was too long to fit in to the nice pretty boxes I'd used in the OP. :P

Also, it's not the mistakes you make in life but when you make them that matters. A mistake when answers are evenly spread through all 8 countires isn't nearly as bad as a mistake when one country is a massive sheep.

Also, if it's any consoluation to anyone who picked the wrong Congo, I picked the wrong one in the flags round.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:

Uh oh...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Omackeral wrote: »
      I knew that much at least :D but not about the Republic of Congo.

miamee wrote: »

This is all I can think of :pac:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886r5n1whvvpm3hgu7la77hmblja0vjb5rogwljoxoh&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This is all I can think of :pac:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886r5n1whvvpm3hgu7la77hmblja0vjb5rogwljoxoh&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Which Congo were the Golden Girls in? ;)

Which Congo were the Golden Girls in? ;)

Now Ive the theme song in my head....SCORE!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Did yez all know there were 2 Sudans???

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, although that just makes two bits of desert I'm not inclined to want to go to rather than one.

• Advertisement

South Sudan is the worlds newest country.
      It is desolate though so I don't see how it is ever going to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Did you miss my entry?

Spook_ie wrote: »
      Did you miss my entry?

Nope! 37 players:

aaronjennings
      alchemist33
      ari101
      Barna77
      beakerjoe
      bubblypop
      cdeb
      cee_jay
      cj maxx
      Collie D
      davetherave
      Declan A Walsh
      DJIMI TRARORE
      dobman88
      Electric Nitwit
      HeidiHeidi
      Homer J. Fong
      Irish Iris
      Kolido
      miamee
      Necro
      Neowise
      Noo
      nothing
      Omackeral
      Pawwed Rig
      Purgative
      Reberetta
      Rikand
      Sawduck
      Sephiroth_dude
      ShaneU
      Sheridan81
      Spook_ie
      Strawberry Milkshake
      Trigger
      Zaph

Less than 10 hours now to get your entry in.

coughKathleencough

Reveal thread up for later.

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Yes

Levison Wood's Nile goes through both. I think he had to get evacuated from South Sudan because of the war. It doesn't look a nice place.

Michael Palin in Pole to Pole took a train across the Sudan desert which, by contrast, looked a fantastic adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

This has been confusing me for years, given I was sure we only had one in school! I had been assuming Sudan changed their name to South Sudan, though when there was no North Sudan I was a bit baffled... :pac:
      (I have now googled and understand the geopolitical landscape of this tiny part of Africa a wee bit better :D)

• Advertisement

Whats a Sudan? A type of car? :pac:

Oh theres one now with my chances of winning in the boot.....

bea219e0abfe6bdd7e625bd00134beaf.gif

Advertisement