Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewpoint

• 25-04-2021 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭

brian_t wrote: »
    Viewpoint starts on ITV on Monday April 26th at 9pm and continues Tuesday to Friday (5 parts).
    If you’ve developed an unhealthy habit of peering into your neighbours’ windows over the last 12 months, the new ITV crime thriller Viewpoint will be right up your alley. Taking place over five consecutive nights, the show has been co-created by Fleabag director Harry Bradbeer and Manhunt writer Ed Whitmore. The programme is described by ITV as ‘a contemporary, character-driven mystery with a seductively intimate feel’, as it explores a police surveillance instigation into a Manchester community. Reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic Rear Window, Bafta winner and former Doctor Who actor Noel Clarke will star in the leading role of surveillance detective DC Martin King, who sets up an observation post in the home of single mum Zoe Sterling (Alexandra Roach). This gives him the chance to see directly into the house of a missing primary school teacher Gemma Hillman (Amy Wren), which she shares with her boyfriend and prime suspect Greg Sullivan (Fehinti Balogun).

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/25/viewpoint-all-we-know-about-itv-thriller-starring-noel-clarke-2-14469688/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone else watching this?? tis good

yer man Noel Clarke would make a good 007

• Registered Users Posts: 31,751 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

fryup wrote: »
    anyone else watching this?? tis good

yer man Noel Clarke would make a good 007
    Errr yeah I don't see that happening....
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women
    Sounds like a nasty piece of work

^^ my opinion of him has just done a U turn

^^ my opinion of him has just done a U turn
    Yeah it's pretty shocking alright.
    The fact bafta gave him a special awarded recently....when they knew about the allegations...yikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

actor Noel Clarke will star in the leading role of surveillance detective DC Martin King, who sets up an observation post in the home of single mum Zoe Sterling (Alexandra Roach). This gives him the chance to see directly into the house of a missing primary school teacher Gemma Hillman

I mean you could hardly have come up with a more ironically charged role.

• Advertisement

a male chauvinist who preys on women? on second thoughts maybe he would make a good 007 ?

a male chauvinist who preys on women? on second thoughts maybe he would make a good 007 ?
    If 007 was a documentary sure lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Yeah I've been enjoying this, and was disappointed to read the allegations about him.

Still, on the basis that they've started broadcasting it, I assume they'll finish, so does anyone have any ideas as to who the guilty party is now? I really thought it was Karl but obviously now we're meant to think it's his wife - still I'm still wondering if it might not be Zoe. I'm thinking that the lies Martin told after the events of the first evening haven't yet come back to him, and I think they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gmisk wrote: »

How he is working loads with this scandal? :eek: I never heard about it till now

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ITV have dropped the final episode and won't be airing it tonight.
    “ITV has a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation and robust procedures in place to investigate and deal with any complaints. We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment.

“In light of the very serious nature of the allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women in the Guardian’s report, ITV has decided it is no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV main channel this evening.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/itv-viewpoint-noel-clarke-1234747353/

• Advertisement

ITV have dropped the final episode and won't be airing it.
    I've just seen that, damn! I can't get ITV Hub: my VPN works for the BBC but not for ITV nor Channel 4, oddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

volchitsa wrote: »
    I've just seen that, damn! I can't get ITV Hub: my VPN works for the BBC but not for ITV nor Channel 4, oddly.

You don't need a VPN for All4

JaCrispy wrote: »
    You don't need a VPN for All4

Maybe I'm wrong about Allfour but I've definitely tried ITV hub several times, and that's what I'd need for this. I watch the BBC on it regularly but can't get series like Vera.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

will it be available online?

this is ridiculous by ITV, by all means punish the perpetrator not the viewers

i was looking forward to watchin it, is itv hub available to irish ip addresses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I've first 3 episodes recorded, what fookwits they are not showing the 4th, all the other actors and staff involved in this show and they are not showing the final episode because of unproven allegations against a single actor, crazy. Did they expect a boycott of the show, wtf difference would it make.

It will be available until Sunday and not at all after that.
    https://www.televisual.com/news/itv-moves-viewpoint-from-main-channel-to-hub/

I suppose the thinking is that he will have to get paid if it's shown on TV (is he the director as well as the lead actor?) but will get much less if it's only available on ITV Hub. Seems unfair on the other actors though, as well as punishing the viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

I've first 3 episodes recorded, what fookwits they are not showing the 4th.

You should have 4 recorded or else you're missing one. There are 5 episodes in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Yes they are putting it up on the ITV Hub for a limited time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

ABC Australia has already bought the show. I wonder has RTE also bought it.

If RTE have then they should show it and I don't just mean on the RTE Player.

Not commenting on this specific case but in years to come we will look back on some poor actor or actress who's career was destroyed and subsequently was proven innocent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

brian_t wrote: »
    You should have 4 recorded or else you're missing one. There are 5 episodes in total.

Feck, I don't have episode 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

ITV Hub is blocked over here.
    You can't stream off it in Ireland.
    You need a VPN or some other ****.
    People should just boycott ITV altogether after this.
    I never watch anything on it anyway.
    Was just trying to get it for my sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

quinnd6 wrote: »
    ITV Hub is blocked over here.
    You can't stream off it in Ireland.
    You need a VPN or some other ****.
    People should just boycott ITV altogether after this.
    I never watch anything on it anyway.
    Was just trying to get it for my sister.

How will they know if you boycott something you never watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I obviously meant people who normally watch it should
    boycott it after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

It's available on the high sea

How will they know if you boycott something you never watch?

Be even more pointless boycotting a station that blocks you from watching it legally

SPDUB wrote: »

wha?

wha?
    .....pirates.....high sea....

SPDUB wrote: »

I managed to watch it using my Keepsolid VPN in the end. I think livestreaming works better for me than Catch up, and maybe that's why I was able to watch it as soon as it went online, when I can't watch stuff that's a few days old.

Or maybe a Keepsolid update has improved matters. I'll have a look - I'm happy enough with it for the BBC, as that's what I got it for, but ITV might be nice occasionally too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

volchitsa wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong about Allfour but I've definitely tried ITV hub several times, and that's what I'd need for this. I watch the BBC on it regularly but can't get series like Vera.

Unless something changed, I could access the ITV hub a few weeks ago without a VPN

Advertisement