Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killarney - Best hotel for group (not covid related)?

• 27-04-2021 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I am travelling with a group of 10-12 people to Killarney in September and I was wondering what would be the best hotel to accomodate a large-ish group together in a bar? The group will be mostly older people so most likely wont be wondering into town and will just want to go to the bar for the night...

I am not looking for any info around COVID or restrictions that will be in place, just wondering what hotel has a bar that offer plenty of room and comfort for a big group...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

The Great Southern. Even if they can't accommodate you in the bar, they have a large room just outside it that would fit 12 comfortably and they'd do table service for the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Cona44

dobman88 wrote: »
    The Great Southern. Even if they can't accommodate you in the bar, they have a large room just outside it that would fit 12 comfortably and they'd do table service for the group.

Thanks, funnily enough that is the one hotel that I dislike...stayed there before and felt it was quite run down (5 star?!?) and wasn’t worth the price.

Any thoughts on the:
    Killarney Towers or the International?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Cona44 wrote: »
    Thanks, funnily enough that is the one hotel that I dislike...stayed there before and felt it was quite run down (5 star?!?) and wasn’t worth the price.

Any thoughts on the:

The towers have multiple bars attached, and the international has quite a large one too, both should easily be able to accommodate those numbers. Just be aware that they are all open to the public, and (especially the international) are quite popular, so you may need to get there early to ensure you get seating. (All of this is obviously dependent on whatever restrictions we have come September).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Cona44 wrote: »

Any thoughts on the:

Dont think its 5star. Think it's a 4star.

But anyway, yeah the towers and international are fine. With a group like that, anywhere would be able to cater for you. Just email/ring them a couple of weeks in advance to book a space and any pub or hotel worth its salt would look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

My opinion is the Gleneagle, well used to catering for large groups of older people, entertainment on site and a courtesy bus into Killarney if anyone wishes

• Advertisement
Advertisement