Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foireann Advice

Options
  • 04-03-2021 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

One quick question as I can’t get even get off the ground with this. Does a club have to have its own account that the register works from.

The instructions are suggesting if you have used it to fill in a Return to Play form then you are registered but thats a personal Foireann account so what happens when a new registrar comes on board next year. That doesn’t make sense to me at all. When questioned the secretary said we never had an account but weren’t clubs able to see who had/hadn’t submitted the return to play forms.
    Admin privileges have been obtained from HQ.

It’s honestly so badly explained online and in emails.

Hope someone can help as I’m feeling fair thick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

The registrar needs to be set up as an administrator. You can log in the same way. You will then see all members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Has anyone else gone with it? If so how is it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Our club secretary just in the process of trying to register as admin but struggling to get help/advice from headquarters on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luasaigh

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Has anyone else gone with it? If so how is it going?

Our club had been using Sportlomo to collect membership online in 2019 and 2020. We were very very happy with Sportlomo.

On researching Foireann, we figured that it was going to be a major pain managing two systems and the upload from one to the other. Plus Foireann has lots of other features. We knew there would be downsides to dropping Sportlomo, but we took the chance and went full-on Foireann-only. 100% online for membership. And it's working out great. 211 of our ~300 members have already registered. Only significant problems were some members (or mostly parents of members) getting used to the new system, and a tendency of some parents to enter their child as the account holder (ticking the "I'm 18 or older" box regardless). But we sorted all problems really.

There are some minor problems - all of which I have opened support tickets for, and they will get to them when they get to them.

The thing that grates the most is that the CSV download does not contain all the information, and in particular does not contain the communication consent information which is a real problem for us because we feed the CSV to a club texting system and we would like to be able to programmatically exclude the mobiles for which there isn't consent (based on the type of communication). I'm optimistic that Foireann will address this in time.

In summary though, we're thrilled we went whole-hog Foireann.

Great deal too BTW - only charge is 1.35% of a payment! Great negotiation by the GAA & other associations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I got emails telling me my club had registered me, and one of my children (both are members), my wife got one as well. We use Clubforce for lotto and membership, don't recall hearing anything about Foireann before now.

Is this just for Secretary/Registrar to use or are members meant to be able to use (and for what?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 luasaigh

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I got emails telling me my club had registered me, and one of my children (both are members), my wife got one as well. We use Clubforce for lotto and membership, don't recall hearing anything about Foireann before now.

Is this just for Secretary/Registrar to use or are members meant to be able to use (and for what?).

It's up to the club to decide whether they make it open to members or not.

Foireann currently has the following, which can be used by members:
    Membership registration
    Team list creation (parents/members can add themselves to a team)
    Team event (e.g. match/training) scheduling
    Attendance RSVPs
    Health Declarations & tracking thereof
    And more to come I expect.

Advertisement