Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transfer

• 28-04-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Guys / girls just a quick question I’m looking to hurl for my dads club who I’ve followed for years I hurled schools with a school in a different parish but never played competitively with that club just school hurling I am also living in a different county! Should there be any problem playing for my dads club which I’ve been following since I’ve been in nappies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭thefa

So you’ve been inactive for over 96 weeks and have an address you could put down for the new club?

Would need to check what the deadlines are in the county for accepting transfers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Don't think the schools part is relevant. But where you live is. What club parish to you reside in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Averagejoe8897

thefa wrote: »
    So you’ve been inactive for over 96 weeks and have an address you could put down for the new club?

Would need to check what the deadlines are in the county for accepting transfers too.

I haven’t played for a club in 8 years

Don't think the schools part is relevant. But where you live is. What club parish to you reside in ?

I was in north Kilkenny but have since moved to Kildare

So are you now living in the parish of the club you want to play for ?

• Advertisement

So are you now living in the parish of the club you want to play for ?

No different place altogether

Taken from GAA Official Guide Section 6.3. which might help depending on where ye lived when you were born.
    A player shall be considered
    to have an ‘Other Relevant Connection’:
    (a) With a particular County if:
    (i) The player’s parents at the time of the
    member’s birth were permanently resident in
    that County.
    (ii) That County is the County of the first Club of
    Chapter 6 GA
    MES &
    COMPETITIONS
    either of his parents.
    (b) With a Particular Club if:
    (i) The player’s parents were at the time of his birth
    permanently resident in the present Catchment
    Area of that Club.
    (ii) In the case of a player whose parents were
    permanently resident in Co. Dublin at the time
    of this birth, that Club was the First Club of
    either of his parents.
    (iii) County Bye-Laws either defined generally or for
    specific cases that particular factors give rise to
    such a connection.

I suggest contacting the secretary of the club you wish to play for for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Seems like you're overthinking it. If you havent played for the club where you now live, they wont even know you exist. Just join your "home" club, use your parents address and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

There's an old rule in cork that you can transfer to the club of your father regardless of address. Probably very out of date in modern times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Hi could someone help me out
    I want to transfer to another club outside my province, haven't played in three years

What's the protocol

• Advertisement

.I would imagine you still need to transfer. New club secretary can do it online, just contact them and and provide details of your old club. No harm to contact them to give them advance notice. Old club's secretary will get an email to approve the transfer. Will go through both provincial councils as a matter of form, no issue once old club gives it the thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

.I would imagine you still need to transfer. New club secretary can do it online, just contact them and and provide details of your old club. No harm to contact them to give them advance notice. Old club's secretary will get an email to approve the transfer. Will go through both provincial councils as a matter of form, no issue once old club gives it the thumbs up.

I wonder is it to late?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

C__MC wrote: »
    I wonder is it to late?

No, just sign up for the club you want to play for. After 3 years, it wont be questioned.

When I moved from Kerry to Meath, i went to sign up with the local club. No messing around with transfers, contacting people etc. I paid my membership and played. That was after playing for my home club up until the day I left, no break from playing for any amount of time.

Unless you're a county player or a top tier club player, and no offence but after 3 years away from the game this is unlikely, you'll be fine to just play for the club you want to play for.

Don't over think it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I was in north Kilkenny but have since moved to Kildare

Please say hurler, please say hurler, please say hurler

Advertisement