Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everyone looks older..

• 27-04-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Has lockdown, staring at screens, eating crap food, drinking excessively, staying indoors etc made us all look older? Everyone I see, including myself, looks like sh1t!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Has lockdown, staring at screens, eating crap food, drinking excessively, staying indoors etc made us all look older? Everyone I see, including myself, looks like sh1t!

World would be such a better place if people cared less about they themselves and others looked like to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

Blanco100 wrote: »
    World would be such a better place if people cared less about they themselves and others looked like to be honest.

!

Apart from the covid part, you have pretty much described a lot of people's lives until March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

growleaves wrote: »
    !

It's true, hearing about people's anxiety going back to office because they put on bit of weight, forgot how to apply flawless finish to their make up etc... People should learn to give less of a f*ck about such trivial things and be able to function

• Registered Users Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I've never seen so many people out for walks in the sunshine. Gardening when the weather's good. Out in the garden playing with the kids instead of commuting. They all look fit and healthy.

All older of course but a year does that to you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Ray Darcy looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Beer make me purty beer make anyone purty

Ray Darcy looks great.

Hi Ray ;)

Hi Ray ;)
    Thanks Joanne, let’s go run.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Everyone I know not only looks older but are older than they were a year or more ago when this virus was taking hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Gyms closed to I started running and now I do 5km most days and lost a few kg and broke my best time twice last week, and I got a tan over the weekend, looking radiant af. Speak for yourself OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think its been bad for elderly people especially.

I notice my mother and MIL have went downhill over lockdown.
    I think the lack of being out and about, moving around, shopping daily etc has hit them hard.

When you're older its important to keep the body active otherwise it begins to fade.

People who have been online 24/7 policing the internet since the pandemic started have to be feeling the drag now.

Blanco100 wrote: »

The world would be a better place if people cared more about how they look and feel, physically. Whatever about other peoples opinions on the matter, taking a good long look at yourself and attended to the unhealthy physical form you might see through exercise, diet, personal grooming and so on will better prepare you to cope with the multitude of risks and difficulties associated with both Covid and life in general.

Ignore the rest but don’t stick your head in the sand or lie to yourself about bad form and presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It'll be over soon and we'll be full of life again

It'll be over soon and we'll be full of life again

Not till 2022 anyway at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

In a lot of cases it's lack of access to hairdressers and doing bad DIY haircuts.

That being said, some people look way younger with longer hair. Some of the guys I know who would usually have really tight haircuts now have mad hair and it really took years off them.

Other people just look dishevelled when they let it all go.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I think I look 5 years older. I met someone the other day and he said I look really different. Not sure if he meant old or fat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I think I look 5 years older. I met someone the other day and he said I look really different. Not sure if he meant old or fat lol

Same. The difference in my photo from 12 months age is frightening..

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Alcohol consumption was down 6% in Ireland last year, and that figure came from the anti drink police, it must have really burned them to admit it.

https://alcoholireland.ie/alcohol-consumption-data-2020-disappointing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

All the above happens outside lockdown in Ireland.

Advertisement