Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alphabet SHEEP - Colour without the Rainbow [Reveal: 11th May, 7pm]

• 26-04-2021 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

The aim of SHEEP is to give the most popular answer, and my aim is to hopefully not eff up my first attempt to run a game! :D

I'm looking for all the colours of the alphabet, except for those in the rainbow!

giphy.gif

So while there are normally no wrong answers in sheep, this time all the colours in the standard rainbow will score zero!
    For those unsure that is: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.

Example: Blue, Baby Blue, and Chinese Blue would all score zero because they contain the word blue, however Cerulean, Cyan or even Chinese if you're feeling a bit out there (if that sheeps I'll be damned) would be perfectly acceptable.

Please PM me an alphabetical list of colours.
    DO NOT post your list on thread.

Use the below as a template:

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z

This is SHEEP so Google and other forms of prehistoric research are allowed!

Thanks to the last Alphabet SHEEP organisers whose posts I shamelessly based my own upon :)

Aiming for a reveal second week of May assuming someone takes pity on my attempt to run a game and enters! :)

(Also to allow time for me to realise I've made this too complicated for the sheepulator (hopefully not) and to panic and then score it manually :pac:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

ari101 wrote: »
    ...my aim is to hopefully not eff up my first attempt to run a game! :D
    You'll be great :D
    Also to allow time for me to realise I've made this too complicated for the sheepulator...
    ...nope, you'll be fine! You can mark answers as invalid if you need to. Hopefully no one will actually an invalid answer though, everyone can read simple instructions, right?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

You'll be great :D

...nope, you'll be fine! You can mark answers as invalid if you need to. Hopefully no one will actually an invalid answer though, everyone can read simple instructions, right?! :pac:

Phew :D Thanks :)

Maybe some don't read, maybe some read and don't interpret... ;) I just wanted to avoid a load boring obvious sheep :)

Phew :D Thanks :)

Maybe some don't read, maybe some read and don't interpret... ;) I just wanted to avoid a load boring obvious sheep :)
    Good call :)

If you need any sheepulator help just ask, it's very easy once you get used to it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Answers in. Though I pretty soon forgot (after I) about trying to sheep :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I just sent in my, eh, colourful entry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

giphy.gif

IN

Spook_ie wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    PsFR.gif
    In, too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hmmmm, to try this late at night, or not???

Could be interesting.....

I'll make a start anyway, you'll get an entry at some stage!

Good on ya Ari for jumping into the Games game!!

ETA - ok, I'm in! I may regret doing a rush job so late at night tomorrow.... but what the hell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm up to G , and will finish it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Ooh, fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mack Daddy is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Colour me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

There are only 4 or 5 different colours.

Regards
    A male

Collie D wrote: »

Regards
    A male
    Dig out your old Dulux colour chart :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Collie D wrote: »

Regards
    A male

This is a conversation I had with my husband before we got married because he was of the opinion that all wedding dresses were white, regardless of any subtle or non-subtle variations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dig out your old Dulux colour chart :P

Farrow & Ball, daahling, please!!!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Farrow & Ball, daahling, please!!!
    Oh I do beg your pardon...
    PettyNiceEgg-size_restricted.gif
    I'll try not to brush against your walls Heidi Bucket :eek: oh..em.. I mean Bouquet!

Who is going to start the red vs. purple debate...? :pac:

I have friends who calls burgundy red colours purple, not red... clearly lots of eyes need testing :p

Thanks to everyone that has entered so far :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is a conversation I had with my husband before we got married because he was of the opinion that all wedding dresses were white, regardless of any subtle or non-subtle variations.

And I have yet to be proven wrong!

Sad that we should probably save listing them all til the reveal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

In.

Absolute White, Borderline White, Classic White, Definitely White etc are all internationally recognised colours aren't they? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

In

Was just about to send what I realised I had 2 of the rainbow colours included :o

Edser wrote: »
    In

Was just about to send what I realised I had 2 of the rainbow colours included :o

Well if people remember or happen to check and see rainbow colours in their entries and decide to revise them, I will accept updated submissions... not to make ye all paranoid or anything :p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well if people remember or happen to check and see rainbow colours in their entries and decide to revise them, I will accept updated submissions... not to make ye all paranoid or anything :p :pac:

Thank god I realised this. Updated

Advertisement