Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0Tdi auto

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

id prefer a Peugeot 5008 to a Kodiaq

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Luke774 wrote: »
    To be fair not many people do need 7 seats

That’s true. My point was that like for like a Tiguan Allspace will lose more money than a Kodiaq, despite the blind assumption that all VWs have rock solid residuals.

Mad_maxx wrote: »

I would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

I have test drive one one the roof is to low inside and steering wheel is way to small doesnt suit the car

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

Jaguar F Pace and Volkswagen Tiguan R Line is better then both of them you mostly see woman drive them and have a bunch of kids up there up there with a Santa Fe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, did you look at the new Kia Sorento?

markN who is on boards reviewed it here -

Jaguar F Pace and Volkswagen Tiguan R Line is better then both of them you mostly see woman drive them and have a bunch of kids up there up there with a Santa Fe

Cheapest F-Pace is €60k, so about €25k more than a 5008.

You’ll get 2 more kids into a 5008 too....

Dunno what the relevance of women driving crossovers is

bazz26 wrote: »
    OP, did you look at the new Kia Sorento?

markN who is on boards reviewed it here -

Il have a look at it but I'm not looking for a brand new car maybe 3 or 4 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

:rolleyes:

Il have a look at it but I'm not looking for a brand new car maybe 3 or 4 years old

Ok, you might be best outlining your requirements and budget so as most of the chat in the thread makes it assume you were buying brand new.

• Advertisement

Ok, you might be best outlining your requirements and budget so as most of the chat in the thread makes it assume you were buying brand new.

Looking to get on finance but dont want to go over 25k -30k depending on payments on APR I see Volkswagen are doing 0% finance not sure anyone else does that maybe mazda they have a nice CX5

I just want a change and am looking at suvs as never had one but also BMW & Audi but probably wont get a good finance deal on those cars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Looking to get on finance but dont want to go over 25k -30k depending on payments on APR I see Volkswagen are doing 0% finance not sure anyone else does that maybe mazda they have a nice CX5

I just want a change and am looking at suvs as never had one but also BMW & Audi but probably wont get a good finance deal on those cars

Low finance rates are on new cars only. You wont get anything like that on a used car, even from main dealers using the manufacturers own financial services company. You'll be looking at similar to commercial bank rates, 6 to 10% kind of figure.

Your not going to get anywhere near 0% finance on a 3 to 4 year old car. Those rates are normally on brand new cars because it's the manufacturer who is bankrolling the finance and wants to sell new cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Looking at residuals on second hand Kodiaqs - they are very high.
    While this may be good for those buying new and on PCP deals etc

it makes it very hard to justify a three year old car as compared with

buying new.

For example on carzone there is a three year old 1.4tsi petrol model and the asking is 31k.

Unless you are getting very low % finance (and you won't get less than around 6% I think) that is a serious whack of change for a three year old normal car.

When you then look at say the new offerings especially with 0% finance in some cases it makes it hard to make the sums add up. (Unless of course you have 30k in your pocket)

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Low finance rates are on new cars only. You wont get anything like that on a used car, even from main dealers using the manufacturers own financial services company. You'll be looking at similar to commercial bank rates, 6 to 10% kind of figure.

Thats what I was thinking if I was to go with Volkswagen I would get a brand new car then as makes sense, never had a brand new car so would be a nice gift from myself haha .

Looking at residuals on second hand Kodiaqs - they are very high.
    While this may be good for those buying new and on PCP deals etc

it makes it very hard to justify a three year old car as compared with

buying new.

For example on carzone there is a three year old 1.4tsi petrol model and the asking is 31k.

Unless you are getting very low % finance (and you won't get less than around 6% I think) that is a serious whack of change for a three year old normal car.

When you then look at say the new offerings especially with 0% finance in some cases it makes it hard to make the sums add up. (Unless of course you have 30k in your pocket)

So makes more sense to buy new on 0% fiancee are Volkswagen the only ones doing 0% ? I think mazda are doing it that way you are only paying the car off over a number of years no interest

To be honest I'd just look at what a car will cost you in total. 0% can be marketing tool I've no doubt in my mind that car prices are higher than they need to be if there's no finance charge or a very small charge. Don't get pulled in by 0% on its own, it's nice and all but it's there for a reason to benefit the manufacturer and dealer, not to benefit you.
    Vw are no business mugs

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    To be honest I'd just look at what a car will cost you in total. 0% can be marketing tool I've no doubt in my mind that car prices are higher than they need to be if there's no finance charge or a very small charge. Don't get pulled in by 0% on its own, it's nice and all but it's there for a reason to benefit the manufacturer and dealer, not to benefit you.
    Vw are no business mugs

I think Volkswagen are one of the best for sure
    There are service deals for 12.99 a month cant see anything else that are red flags maybe someone else who has gotten a car on 0% finance might have some more information

I think Volkswagen are one of the best for sure
    There are service deals for 12.99 a month cant see anything else that are red flags maybe someone else who has gotten a car on 0% finance might have some more information

No red flags really, just make sure you're comfortable with the repayments and the whole pcp setup and if you are, belt away

the two main costs for cars are

1. depreciation
    2. finance (if borrowing most of the money for a new car)

With the VAG group cars in many cases you get 0% finance which in practice is equivalent over a three year PCP deal to between 3 - 4k so it acts as a type of discount

The biggest cost will be depreciate and that is where (if you care about such things) the choice of brand and indeed model is important.

For some reason in Ireland Skoda seems to keep the best residuals (also the last version of the dacia duster) and in particular the Octavia and now the Kodiaq.

Similar cars from Seat (I know cos I have one) have higher depreciation.

VW better than Seat but worse than Skoda I think.

So for example the Tarraco which is 95% same as Kodiaq is already a better second hand buy but maybe not as good to go for new as its residuals will probably be significantly lower than the kodiak.

• Advertisement

the two main costs for cars are

1. depreciation
    2. finance (if borrowing most of the money for a new car)

With the VAG group cars in many cases you get 0% finance which in practice is equivalent over a three year PCP deal to between 3 - 4k so it acts as a type of discount

The biggest cost will be depreciate and that is where (if you care about such things) the choice of brand and indeed model is important.

For some reason in Ireland Skoda seems to keep the best residuals (also the last version of the dacia duster) and in particular the Octavia and now the Kodiaq.

Similar cars from Seat (I know cos I have one) have higher depreciation.

VW better than Seat but worse than Skoda I think.

So for example the Tarraco which is 95% same as Kodiaq is already a better second hand buy but maybe not as good to go for new as its residuals will probably be significantly lower than the kodiak.

Where did you find that Information? Handy to know

quote="jimbobmalones;117025264"]the two main costs for cars are

1. depreciation
    2. finance (if borrowing most of the money for a new car

True but if I was to get Finance and not a 0%financed off Volkswagen I would go for 3 - 4 year old car as by then it would have lost alot of depreciation by then so you actually get a good deal on a car that's why I'm not to bothered about 0%Finance I think I can get s very good high spec car for around 20k

Agreed - if you can get a car that costs say 28k new for say 12k after 4 years then the finance is irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Seems a bit unusual someone in their 20s with no kids in toe, looking at the likes of a big Kodiaq. You will be paying a premium for alot of empty space and seats that are not going to get used. Surely a regular sized SUV or crossover would do the same job?

I don't understand why people want big cars if they don't need them. A smaller car would be nicer to drive, more economical and still practical with any spec you'd want.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I don't understand why people want big cars if they don't need them. A smaller car would be nicer to drive, more economical and still practical with any spec you'd want.

I'm not definitely set on getting a suv im still looking at other cars but I want a 5 door again as I have had a 3 door for 4 years now

I think I should go for a something more fun then a Suv yous are right I don't actually need anything that size especially as I don't have kids yet I can always get one in the future

I'm looking at more sporty and maybe remaining it 🀔
    How much does a full respray cost ?

Looking at BMW 320d or is there better options ?

Advertisement