Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz's Youtube Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

mad m wrote: »
    I can see this going OF, fitz will be earning 12k a month. Doing reviews with only the watch on:D

He will need to take a few links out I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

893bet wrote: »

He will need to take a few links out I would say.

Crying laughing here :p There might well be a market for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Fitz II

OmegaGene wrote: »
    takes some guts to put yourself out there doing reviews, best of luck with it

I am an attention seeking whore. :D

Going down the talking hands route to retain some anonymity, but going to try go quick reviews with a bit of personality and straight talking and to the point. No long intro, no affiliate links, no strap sales, no long preamble. Show the watch, say whats good, say whats bad. Say if I recommend it and to most importantly to whom.

Look it just a bit of fun for me, mostly its something watch related that doesnt have me buying new watches, so it will save me a fortune, and hopefully allow me to get hands on with a lot of watches. I have had a wonderful response from boards members and have arranged to get footage of a good few watches of forum members that I can then edit down over time. I will be hitting all you guys up...and Wibbs I might even hit you up for a schooling on vintage watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fitz II wrote: »
    I am an attention seeking whore. :D

Going down the talking hands route to retain some anonymity, but going to try go quick reviews with a bit of personality and straight talking and to the point. No long intro, no affiliate links, no strap sales, no long preamble. Show the watch, say whats good, say whats bad. Say if I recommend it and to most importantly to whom.

Look it just a bit of fun for me, mostly its something watch related that doesnt have me buying new watches, so it will save me a fortune, and hopefully allow me to get hands on with a lot of watches. I have had a wonderful response from boards members and have arranged to get footage of a good few watches of forum members that I can then edit down over time. I will be hitting all you guys up...and Wibbs I might even hit you up for a schooling on vintage watches.

fair play fitz that was very very watchable for your maiden voyage, look forward to future releases :D

i see you are averaging 5 thumbs down, must be the same people every time...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

mcmanus and his four accounts :D

When you that Vostok review...
    I am going to comment so many "if only Ireland had a watch of similar quality" comments that I may be banned :pac:

mcmanus and his four accounts :D

Come on now, dont be ridiculous...he has a lot more than 4 shill accounts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It would be worth getting a McManus to review

Cienciano wrote: »
    It would be worth getting a McManus to review

Thats my grail watch, I am on a waiting list. I am sure one will come up at Christies one day but bidding will be intense.

In other related news my vostock arrived today and I am somewhat bewildered by it. Review to follow. I am working on a Ceramic no date sub review at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Thats my grail watch, I am on a waiting list. I am sure one will come up at Christies one day but bidding will be intense.

In other related news my vostock arrived today and I am somewhat bewildered by it. Review to follow. I am working on a Ceramic no date sub review at the moment.

Make sure you don't confuse the two in your review (they are similar divers after all).

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Make sure you don't confuse the two in your review (they are similar divers after all).

The Vostok is better than the sub as it has more jewels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

Thats my grail watch, I am on a waiting list..

There is a few lads from the kick starter on a wait list also. It’s moving fairly slow.

Need to stop using the phrase "you know" as punctuation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

First!! Always wanted to say that on a 'tube vid. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good review there F. Balanced too. Hits all the points without going flowery or dismissive and what you rarely hear, you give negatives and positives, all of which I'd agree 100% with. Hang on, WTF have you done with Fitz? :D

Though BP would want a quiet word with Rolex about "setting the standard for diver's watches" *eye twitches* :D And though they started producing them in 53, they didn't go on sale until 54. /nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Great work fitz I really enjoyed both reviews so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Some nice shots on the insta there too

Time wrote: »
    Some nice shots on the insta there too

What’s the insta account?

Cyrus wrote: »
    What’s the insta account?

https://www.instagram.com/crownandbridgewatches/

Until this week I had never posted on Instagram, and I still dont get what its actually for. Wife and best friend said its where the cool kids are....but I dont want to be in any club that would have me as a member.

You are an instawhore now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

When is the Vostok appearing on the page? :D

Oh and once you become a massive "influencer" you can ask for freebies from watch companies (or hotels or restaurants or anything really) - you should see the amount of requests I get for free stuff (in return for *advertising*) - promising the moon and the stars if they just get a free watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

You want both tbh. Insta will get more people to the videos.

I think you have surprised friend & foe here Fitz, you really have a grá for this. I bet quite a lot of work goes into making these videos, but you're making it look easy as if you just sit down with the watch and have a casual chat about it.

When is the only fans account starting ?

Ah jasus...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

When is the only fans account starting ?

You evil, evil bastard/genius!

I have an image of Fitz, nude and having lots of "fun" with a Patek on one wrist and a Root beer on the other!
    All for €9.95 a month with new content weekly :pac:

I both shuddered and considered signing up :D

Seriously tho, as I said elsewhere.
    I really like the channel, the flow, the opinions and the pros/cons, honesty and little bit of craic on the reviews really differentiate the channel from others IMO.
    It's the only watch channel I actually clicked "subscribe" on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

banie01 wrote: »
    You evil, evil bastard/genius!

I have an image of Fitz, nude and having lots of "fun" with a Patek on one wrist and a Root beer on the other!
    All for €9.95 a month with new content weekly :pac:

Archie would actually do that for a bit of cash. Don't be giving him ideas !

Vostok in the latest vid I see. :D

Spent afternoon on a friends collection, will take time to edit. Sneek peek, seamaster is an amazing watch and pure class under the macro.

Clipboard01.jpg

Screenshot-2021-05-02-171609.png

Good review again. The Airking is one model I never got the attraction with at all. Unlike the Sub which has a huge heritage in diving, their "heritage" in aviation in the 30's(and after) they reference is up there with Pateks, IE bugger all. They mention designed for "navigational time readings", when pretty much all actual pilot's watches back then(the German B-Uhr's were one of the exceptions) were either chronos, or had a bezel and pointer, the very reason external bezels were invented. The polished bezel itself looks like something's missing in a way. Unlike in the Milgauss which has a very different backstory and purpose. It does look like a Milgauss they figured slap a different dial and a handset from parts to make a "new" line.

You noted(and good advice) in the vid don't buy one if you're actually after a Sub or GMT and just want a "Rolex". I can well understand someone just liking the look and wanting one for that reasons, but they do feel like a stopgap for that other kind of buyer.

That Seamaster is a beauty alright. :) The dial is a work of art. I like how Omega could just do a Longines and Rolex and keep firing out internal "homages" to old Seamaster glories(and they do have a heritage line), but they also have very different and brand new designs in their lineup. There's no way that Seamaster could be mistaken for one from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

What I took from the video was 'it's all about the dial' which was a bit like stating the obvious. I mean if you don't like the dial you're hardly going to buy it unless of course you're so desperate to have Rolex on your wrist that availability/affordability is all that matters.

What about the movement? What about the 'wristshot' where you share your wrist-size?

Apart from the constructive criticism I liked that it was short and to the point without the usual YT waffle.