Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0Tdi auto

• 26-04-2021 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi what are your thoughts on the Skoda kodiaq sportline with panoramic sunroof?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I kinda prefer the Seat Tarracco cousin to look at (mightn’t hold the same value trading in as the Skoda though) , I think the Kodiaq seems to be out a long time and maybe it needed more of a refresh than it got.

Had one as a rental and they’re a fine car.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

biko wrote: »

I have seen a few just wondering if anyone here has one and what they think of them the sportline with the panoramic sunroof looks the business inside & out what are the engines like any problems to look for are they reliable?

The engines would be well proven at this stage, they’re out a while in various guises.

There are people who specifically won’t buy a VW Group car with the pano roof because they have been known to have issues back through the years.

Any other similar jeeps anyone would recommend? The skoda kodiaq is standing out at the moment. I was looking into Volkswagen Tiguan R line

Just be myself driving it in my late 20s

• Advertisement

Luke774 wrote: »
    Any other similar jeeps anyone would recommend? The skoda kodiaq is standing out at the moment. I was looking into Volkswagen Tiguan R line

Tiguan R Line would be my first choice
    New Tucson, especially if you want a petrol or hybrid car. Still not sure about the styling!
    VW ID4 definitely worth investigating
    Peugeot 3008 is an impressive car too
    Cupra Formentor is a lovely looking machine
    New Kuga looks good too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cpoh1

If you are looking for a Jeep, you would want at a minimum 4wd, low gear ratio, off road tyres. Nice to haves air snorkel and winch. Kodiaq doesnt really tick the jeep box.

cpoh1 wrote: »
    If you are looking for a Jeep, you would want at a minimum 4wd, low gear ratio, off road tyres. Nice to haves air snorkel and winch.

Ah stop with that ould speil.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Tiguan allspace with the sun roof is very nice,plenty of room and larger boot than the regular Tiguan but maybe that one is big enough boot wise and both very economical

The skoda kodiaq is a lovely car also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

or buy a proper Skoda which carries all the same functions but even better, a Superb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Kodiaq, Tarraco and Tiguan are all pretty much the same mechanically.
    Not a fan of the Tiguan allspace, the extra length makes it look tardy and more like an mpv for me.
    Kodiaq in meteor grey looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,101 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems a bit unusual someone in their 20s with no kids in toe, looking at the likes of a big Kodiaq. You will be paying a premium for alot of empty space and seats that are not going to get used. Surely a regular sized SUV or crossover would do the same job?

cpoh1 wrote: »
    If you are looking for a Jeep, you would want at a minimum 4wd, low gear ratio, off road tyres. Nice to haves air snorkel and winch. Kodiaq doesnt really tick the jeep box.

If I was in Australia but not Ireland haha

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seems a bit unusual someone in their 20s with no kids in toe, looking at the likes of a big Kodiaq. You will be paying a premium for alot of empty space and seats that are not going to get used. Surely a regular sized SUV or crossover would do the same job?

What would you recommend? I have a Honda civics opels,Volkswagens fords. 5 doors & 3 doors looking for a change into something bigger

OSI wrote: »
    Have a Tiguan with the panoramic roof. Wouldn't have one without as it's a very dark car inside otherwise. Nearly 3 years old and roof is opened regularly enough with no issues. Have the 2.0 TDI 150, which I f*****g hate, but that's mainly because I'm used to more power and hate diesels in general.

Not sure I'd be bothered with one if it was just myself in my 20s though. A lot more interesting and comfortable cars for less money.

Any recommendations?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tiguan R Line would be my first choice
    New Tucson, especially if you want a petrol or hybrid car. Still not sure about the styling!
    VW ID4 definitely worth investigating
    Peugeot 3008 is an impressive car too
    Cupra Formentor is a lovely looking machine
    New Kuga looks good too

Looking at diesel, I have been in a Peugeot 3008 roof is very low steering wheel is very small aswell doesnt suit the car.

Looking at diesel, I have been in a Peugeot 3008 roof is very low steering wheel is very small aswell doesnt suit the car.

Cupra formentor looks nice not sure about engine only seen 1.5 and 2 liter petrol would be heavy on juice

Jaguar F-Pace ? Not sure there very reliable though could be expensive to get parts if need to

Jaguar F-Pace ? Not sure there very reliable though could be expensive to get parts if need to

Saw one last week and I have to say its fabulous.
    You are in your 20s and free to buy whatever car you want be it a 2 seater or 8 seater you got to love the car and don't be minding anyone telling you you don't need it because you just have to want it and if you love it just buy it,simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Renault Koleos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Cupra formentor looks nice not sure about engine only seen 1.5 and 2 liter petrol would be heavy on juice

There's 2.0TDi versions available as well.

https://configurator.cupraofficial.ie/engine?wf=cupra-ie&id=ePl9IIpVw_Cws2OQj6efq663r7kZiucdfXzAgq4R-oaw5IAlNBwDdf0MfHQDDR2B8m6GJgpOJk6gGHAzNVMAAcdApdhaAO1XH9k

I know of an 85yr old man very healthy that bought himself a 7 seater suv just because he liked it,I thought a great choice because he really liked the car and he only has one passenger.

If you love the skoda kodiaq or vw tiguan you may buy that otherwise you will have regrets also bear in mind the vw will hold its value better on trade in

forestgirl wrote: »
    I know of an 85yr old man very healthy that bought himself a 7 seater suv just because he liked it,I thought a great choice because he really liked the car and he only has one passenger.

If you love the skoda kodiaq or vw tiguan you may buy that otherwise you will have regrets also bear in mind the vw will hold its value better on trade in

Skoda have got alot better would they not hold there value the same as a Volkswagen would?

A base model Tiguan Allspace is €9k more than a Kodiaq, so I can guarantee you that it won’t be worth €9k more in 3 years time.

5 seat Tiguan might have some chance as it’s €5k less than a Kodiaq to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Skoda have got alot better would they not hold there value the same as a Volkswagen would?

Amazing what badge snobbery can do, especially in Ireland. here in Switzerland 2nd hand VWs and Skoda hold their value more than BMWs

Skoda have got a lot better and I really like the skoda kodiaq but vw would hold the value better that's just the way it is.

I know you are only in your 20s but if you go the skoda route the kodiaq or superb and if you go the vw route either tiguan is great but the skoda karoq I personally don't like the style of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I traded in a 2017 kodiaq last year and I was very surprised at the residuals - very surprised - and happy

The jaguar F- Pace looks the business how expensive is parts etc. I would service my own cars and do most small jobs

Other then SUVs what other cars would you recommend looking at 2liter or above 5 doors

BMW
    Audi
    Skoda vrs
    ??

forestgirl wrote: »
    Skoda have got a lot better and I really like the skoda kodiaq but vw would hold the value better that's just the way it is.

I know you are only in your 20s but if you go the skoda route the kodiaq or superb and if you go the vw route either tiguan is great but the skoda karoq I personally don't like the style of it

Cheapest 181 Kodiaq on Carzone is €26700
    Cheapest 181 Tiguan Allspace is €28950

When you take the much higher new price into account, the VW loses a lot more. It’s worth more but you paid more.

As said, a 5 seat Tiguan is the way to go if you want low depreciation. No good if you need 7 seats though :)

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cheapest 181 Kodiaq on Carzone is €26700
    Cheapest 181 Tiguan Allspace is €28950

When you take the much higher new price into account, the VW loses a lot more. It’s worth more but you paid more.

As said, a 5 seat Tiguan is the way to go if you want low depreciation. No good if you need 7 seats though :)

To be fair not many people do need 7 seats

Advertisement