Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 34 Transfer Thread

• 26-04-2021 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts ?

I guess its time to start loading for a potential DGW 35. Eventually a DGW has to come good for me :)

Teams with a potential DGW in 35 and a game in 36 - AVL, SOU, EVE, CRY - I only have 2 so far lol :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I really should get that Iheanacho lad in now shouldn’t I?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had a half baked plan to transfer Kane back in for Vardy but not sure....Kane is half crocked and Vardy seems to be flickering in and out of form

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have Fernandes, Salah and Greenwood, have a feeling Sunday will be 0-0

Tempted to drop Fernandes in that case, not returning FPL wise lately.

Son seems easiest replacement at home to Sheffield United.

The fear of not having Bruno might be too much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'll probably bank this week bar an unkown injury. Already having a benching problem so it's probably better off to bank.

DCL & Keane (benched) would be up for the chop but the upcoming DGW means they have to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had a half baked plan to transfer Kane back in for Vardy but not sure....Kane is half crocked and Vardy seems to be flickering in and out of form

Mason said he is 100% fit and had no issues during the final. Can't get the tweet to display properly

Mason asked about Kane's future post-match: "He’s got training this week and will be preparing for a very important match this weekend. Harry’s a true professional and that’s about it."

Mason on Kane: "He’s fit. There were no problems with him whatsoever.

"He took a couple of hits in the game but his ankle is fine."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Used my free transfer to ship out Stones for Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The fear of not having Bruno might be too much though.

I sold him going into GW27 and he punished me straight away with that penalty and clean sheet v City, rival had him captained for 20 points. But since then he has delivered only 15 points in the last 5 games and in the meantime a combination of Kane, KdB and Salah captains has yielded me over 100 points. Was convinced he was going to punish me v Burnley and Leeds but he blanked.

I read somewhere that Brunos shots inside the box have gone way down in the last while and he's only having the odd pop from distance. They havent had a penalty since the one v City either. Also United scored 6 goals against Spurs and Burnley, there was 5 different assisters for those 6 goals but none of them was Bruno. Maybe he is playing deeper or just isnt involved as much with final goal actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Cant decide if I want to keep Vardy or swap him for Kane. Kane's EO will probably be very high again but spurs look off the pace again. Could also do Jota > Son instead I suppose but wanted to keep him for pools last 4 games.

Might just bank and use the 2FTs for whatever happens re: double gameweeks/blanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m sticking with Vardy over Kane to get Vardys DGW (assuming BenCs predictions come to light) and going Bruno to Son for this week (have Greenwood as United attacking cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Laca out - Wood in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Reverse of one transfer from last week Vardy out Kane back in..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Waiting on news of the DGW, will bank if that goes ahead

Bruno to Son is what I would do otherwise (and hide behind my couch for the rest of the season)

Jota blanking again is a bit of a headache and my only potential transfer out but Ive a feeling he will come good in Liverpools final four fixtures after United. He seems to be still getting in decent positions so reckon I'll hold him but bench him v United.

Thinking of banking this week, either that or selling Mendy for a cheap keeper and just stick with Martinez for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jota blanking again is a bit of a headache and my only potential transfer out but Ive a feeling he will come good in Liverpools final four fixtures after United. He seems to be still getting in decent positions so reckon I'll hold him but bench him v United.

Thinking of banking this week, either that or selling Mendy for a cheap keeper and just stick with Martinez for the rest of the season

I have Salah and Jota now and id rather only have Salah as hes more likely to get points when all goes to plan.

Pereira or Greenwood are the ones id consider. Id also like to move off Bruno and bring in maybe Son. I am starting to see one or two around me in leagues sell Bruno id say hes either gonna drift off or really punish a few people.

The double game week is looking likely to only be worth it for maybe two or three teams. Theres a lot of fixtures wrapped up in it that could go either way.

The double game week is looking likely to only be worth it for maybe two or three teams. Theres a lot of fixtures wrapped up in it that could go either way.

Yeah there is no real standout fixtures in that double gameweek (if Bens chart proves correct). Ive 8 players currently doubling in it and a free hit if I want to make it a full team doubling. Im not sure yet if its worth using the free hit in the DGW or the following BGW where Ive 5 players with no game.

Yeah there is no real standout fixtures in that double gameweek (if Bens chart proves correct). Ive 8 players currently doubling in it and a free hit if I want to make it a full team doubling. Im not sure yet if its worth using the free hit in the DGW or the following BGW where Ive 5 players with no game.

I think ill look at whos in form and forget about filling up on DGW players.

Theres no point having 11 lads playing twice when most will end up doing nothing then the following week you can barely get a half decent team together ha.

Even if you have the chips it could be worth a gamble at this late stage but ya the fixtures are not great. Most of the big teams have tough games.

Yeah will likely follow the same strategy and not be trying to get 11 DGW players out unless there are 11 viable prospects. But in that DGW every team seems to have a hard game and an easier one. It might actually be more important to have 11 good players out for the blank after it.

Yeah will likely follow the same strategy and not be trying to get 11 DGW players out unless there are 11 viable prospects. But in that DGW every team seems to have a hard game and an easier one. It might actually be more important to have 11 good players out for the blank after it.

One way or another where all gonna get stung like every other DGW haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Suppose I have to get Kane in? It'll be a -4. Vardy or Bamford to go. Leaning towards Bamford out.

Any 6.3m or below midfielder recommendations? (I have Gundog).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Suppose I have to get Kane in? It'll be a -4. Vardy or Bamford to go. Leaning towards Bamford out.

Any 6.3m or below midfielder recommendations? (I have Gundog).

Pereira - WBA. 5.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pereira - WBA. 5.5.

Was looking at him alright. Just not fond of his fixtures. Not fully ruling him out though.

Palace and Southampton have great fixtures, although they could be on beach by now. Eze and Ward-Prowse look like nice shouts although maybe too punty.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Looks like Gundogan will be out after that challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Was looking at him alright. Just not fond of his fixtures. Not fully ruling him out though.

Palace and Southampton have great fixtures, although they could be on beach by now. Eze and Ward-Prowse look like nice shouts although maybe too punty.

I wonder to what extent heads will drop now at West Brom too after the late equaliser against Villa. They must know that they are relegated now. They need to make up 10 points on Brighton in 5 games. It's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

JPup wrote: »
    I wonder to what extent heads will drop now at West Brom too after the late equaliser against Villa. They must know that they are relegated now. They need to make up 10 points on Brighton in 5 games. It's not going to happen.

is that not more of a reason for the players to pick up their form - put themselves in the shop window in last couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Chasing in my ML around 100 points behind the leader and im in 4th so need to gamble

Martinez Sanchez
    Phillips Alioski TAA Shaw Coufal
    Bruno Jesse KDB Jota Maddison
    Vardy Watkins Cavani

1Ft .5 itb

Looking at Maddison and Cavani - Bale and Wood like I say it’s 2 failed punts for 2 more punts to see can I close the gap. Kane and Iheanacho are in most teams above me so Bale and Vardy are differentials

Appreciate any input lads as I’m completely lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Banking this week as the team looks decent and will be good to have some transfers stored ahead of the possible double/blanks coming up.

Dilemma this week is who to play out of my United and Liverpool players (Bruno, Salah, Jota, TAA and Shaw). Playing all 5 seems excessive to me, that's basically half my team in a fixture where hauls will be unlikely. I also have Holding (Newcastle away) and Masuaku (Burnley away) as possible decent alternative options.

Bruno and Salah obviously play. At the moment I have TAA and Jota playing, with Shaw benched. TAA with just that slightly better attacking side for me, though the low scoring nature of these games and the fact Shaw has multiple ways of returning has me considering benching Jota.

Which United/Liverpol assets are people consideirng benching this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Chasing in my ML around 100 points behind the leader and im in 4th so need to gamble

Martinez Sanchez
    Phillips Alioski TAA Shaw Coufal
    Bruno Jesse KDB Jota Maddison
    Vardy Watkins Cavani

1Ft .5 itb

Looking at Maddison and Cavani - Bale and Wood like I say it’s 2 failed punts for 2 more punts to see can I close the gap. Kane and Iheanacho are in most teams above me so Bale and Vardy are differentials

Appreciate any input lads as I’m completely lost

Is making up the 100 pts your only concern at this point (i.e. you dont care about OR etc...)? If so the below would be my advice

100pts is almost certainly unassailable at this point. But no harm in trying - if you're going to try you need to do something absolutely left field though. Huge differential swings needed at this point. You need a player capable of a 20pt haul who no one else will have. I'd probably be looking at City for this - people are avoiding them because of rotation and they of course are capable of racking up big points.

I'd probably take out Bruno and bring in Sterling and captain him. Most likely this will fail, but it's the only very slight chance you have of making a considerable dent in that lead. You need a big 30-40pt swing soon to have any chance at all

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Morzadec wrote: »
    Banking this week as the team looks decent and will be good to have some transfers stored ahead of the possible double/blanks coming up.

Dilemma this week is who to play out of my United and Liverpool players (Bruno, Salah, Jota, TAA and Shaw). Playing all 5 seems excessive to me, that's basically half my team in a fixture where hauls will be unlikely. I also have Holding (Newcastle away) and Masuaku (Burnley away) as possible decent alternative options.

Bruno and Salah obviously play. At the moment I have TAA and Jota playing, with Shaw benched. TAA with just that slightly better attacking side for me, though the low scoring nature of these games and the fact Shaw has multiple ways of returning has me considering benching Jota.

Which United/Liverpol assets are people consideirng benching this week?

I'm in a very similar situation. Arsenal and West Ham have slightly better clean sheet odds than Liverpool and United, but Shaw and Trent have more attacking and bonus point potential so I'd be inclined to leave them in.

Who are your other midfield options? I wouldn't say Bruno is necessarily a must start this week. His form has dipped and its likely to be a low scoring game. I'd still bench Jota ahead of him though, with Salah my top pick to start as Liverpool are very reliant on him to score at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Probably Kane in for Vardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Morzadec wrote: »
    Is making up the 100 pts your only concern at this point (i.e. you dont care about OR etc...)? If so the below would be my advice

100pts is almost certainly unassailable at this point. But no harm in trying - if you're going to try you need to do something absolutely left field though. Huge differential swings needed at this point. You need a player capable of a 20pt haul who no one else will have. I'd probably be looking at City for this - people are avoiding them because of rotation and they of course are capable of racking up big points.

I'd probably take out Bruno and bring in Sterling and captain him. Most likely this will fail, but it's the only very slight chance you have of making a considerable dent in that lead. You need a big 30-40pt swing soon to have any chance at all

Thanks a lot makes a lot of sense

Advertisement