Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shotgun Sights

• 21-04-2021 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Has anybody got or tried these shotgun sights which clip and bolt onto the rib?

There are some like stubby rifle sights and others like a ring which interacts with a red or green bead.

Money wise from about 20 euro upto :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: euro.

Got to blame something so wondered if anybody had experience of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Have one for my 1100 for Embassy cup slug shooing. Hi viz turkey Triviz Deer/Turkey sight.

Good enough for point shooting and moving targets with slugs, within Slug distances. Wouldnt use them for 500-meter target paper punching mind.:)
    Within your price range and WILL SHIP from the USA too.
    https://www.hivizsights.com/product-category/products/shotgun-sights/page/2/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

I have the Browning Hi-Viz on my semi auto.
    It's the magnetic version that clips to the barrel...I can transfer it to my O/U if needed.

I find it great in low light to pick out a bird..especially evening duck shooting.
    The bead gathers the light and is readily identifiable when you mount the gun.

It has different colour beads but to be honest I've never changed from the yellow.

They are about €20, which is expensive I suppose for what it is, but I have it for over 12 years and it fits my two shotguns so I feel I've got real good value from it.

Browning-Bird-buster-fibre-optic-sight-mount-and.jpg

G57ZDKmbt441Mk2KFkE1uO3zNgo6u7V_DfTNd1SxLMhXtdhfog-AXdK4BtDwMytSQ578BT1PdVMPNYjw-VeF8VuNk607YTeNRfCBGbmDdDLsCm8jCDZ2B4bxJ-5F3XWvlx2AMtvT9TC6zErsNxix4ueW6_6YHnktLH-wGIGxuNAPFUYqsWIXs7qos_u74SKaEP1JVXkDyJ8Q8iJ3X7GT-0nRJGqNLFpJ5VTMxh5R9VfOcX4DiZGqw5cJCo-BZHKsi8BC52EMqmIXSU-yg44fS5MWS4Xqqhm0rPfdJ5FzBCjaLwhRRoHKEWbn24-bEWov83XzlXNPjtZ-mEljc4_7Of1s8PHXnJHvb9E0e26KQgx_Rw3Fgocge70gUs95B2slUS5oIFy78MzVSHruIOSvLYxsMCLEp2_eloEQD-pGGGh_T8LY1IJvOFoz1Fq0Vd0p2moPTlNNIabbdtH1HQBhrCmPtZae3zDBg4dRPcCDQn1UECrJcdb_zw5YS_17-WEuFPX4DsK2aVtlLIiDeeiWW8B5h_ho2JbYert7Jljgu2UyMrHa9h_s0IiD0w66gtgv6XspVIIH3PJr75CSFuTZySlXT9Z41xO68JsqgPkkah2AuQGkOk3DSklnWiAjnX3vwrPwCHXjmjyPo1K-JpVOPTNJJvnP1JWUD36lf1FVKsY0ClF8CWr6svr-3mIPXhvsO3u2Uho3zM5fS-2EksvLyLCN=w834-h625-no?authuser=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

J.R. wrote: »
    I have the Browning Hi-Viz on my semi auto.
    It's the magnetic version that clips to the barrel...I can transfer it to my O/U if needed.

I find it great in low light to pick out a bird..especially evening duck shooting.
    The bead gathers the light and is readily identifiable when you mount the gun.

It has different colour beads but to be honest I've never changed from the yellow.

They are about €20, which is expensive I suppose for what it is, but I have it for over 12 years and it fits my two shotguns so I feel I've got real good value from it.

Browning-Bird-buster-fibre-optic-sight-mount-and.jpg

G57ZDKmbt441Mk2KFkE1uO3zNgo6u7V_DfTNd1SxLMhXtdhfog-AXdK4BtDwMytSQ578BT1PdVMPNYjw-VeF8VuNk607YTeNRfCBGbmDdDLsCm8jCDZ2B4bxJ-5F3XWvlx2AMtvT9TC6zErsNxix4ueW6_6YHnktLH-wGIGxuNAPFUYqsWIXs7qos_u74SKaEP1JVXkDyJ8Q8iJ3X7GT-0nRJGqNLFpJ5VTMxh5R9VfOcX4DiZGqw5cJCo-BZHKsi8BC52EMqmIXSU-yg44fS5MWS4Xqqhm0rPfdJ5FzBCjaLwhRRoHKEWbn24-bEWov83XzlXNPjtZ-mEljc4_7Of1s8PHXnJHvb9E0e26KQgx_Rw3Fgocge70gUs95B2slUS5oIFy78MzVSHruIOSvLYxsMCLEp2_eloEQD-pGGGh_T8LY1IJvOFoz1Fq0Vd0p2moPTlNNIabbdtH1HQBhrCmPtZae3zDBg4dRPcCDQn1UECrJcdb_zw5YS_17-WEuFPX4DsK2aVtlLIiDeeiWW8B5h_ho2JbYert7Jljgu2UyMrHa9h_s0IiD0w66gtgv6XspVIIH3PJr75CSFuTZySlXT9Z41xO68JsqgPkkah2AuQGkOk3DSklnWiAjnX3vwrPwCHXjmjyPo1K-JpVOPTNJJvnP1JWUD36lf1FVKsY0ClF8CWr6svr-3mIPXhvsO3u2Uho3zM5fS-2EksvLyLCN=w834-h625-no?authuser=1

I use the same thing, I find it brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Bog Trotter99

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Have one for my 1100 for Embassy cup slug shooing. Hi viz turkey Triviz Deer/Turkey sight.

Good enough for point shooting and moving targets with slugs, within Slug distances. Wouldnt use them for 500-meter target paper punching mind.:)
    Within your price range and WILL SHIP from the USA too.
    https://www.hivizsights.com/product-category/products/shotgun-sights/page/2/

Do you get done by customs Grizzly? The UK stuff is dire now.

Nope! I bought it about 2 years ago,so that might have had something to do with it.
    But AFAIK the price was under 50 dollars as well with shipping,so that mightn't have breached some customs value ceiling here?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

The EU and the US were having a bit of a tariff war, i don't know if things have changed since Biden got in. If its under £22 from the UK then you don't pay anything. I bought a part from the UK a few weeks back, £75 and i didn't pay anything. So i don't know what the story is.

tudderone wrote: »
    The EU and the US were having a bit of a tariff war, i don't know if things have changed since Biden got in. If its under £22 from the UK then you don't pay anything. I bought a part from the UK a few weeks back, £75 and i didn't pay anything. So i don't know what the story is.
    Well nobody can buy off Amazon.uk now which has finished lots of peoples choices. The biggest own goal for Joe public in Ireland scored by the EU. Farcicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Well nobody can buy off Amazon.uk now which has finished lots of peoples choices. The biggest own goal for Joe public in Ireland scored by the EU. Farcicle.

Seemingly, Amazon realises the problem and huge loss of sales so are opening a huge depot in Baldoyle, Co. Dublin, to get around the problem.

The goods will now be shipped from an EU country - Ireland.

256 Amazon jobs available in Baldoyle, County Dublin on Indeed.com,

https://ie.indeed.com/Amazon-jobs-in-Baldoyle,-County-Dublin

Seemingly, Amazon realises the problem and huge loss of sales so are opening a huge depot in Baldoyle, Co. Dublin, to get around the problem.

Its not just amazon though. I was buying a huge amount of motorcycle parts, tools, etc from the UK, usually via ebay.

Take bearings, i was after a rare enough sized bearing for an engine and it had to be C3 clearance. Went to a bearing factor here, supposed to be the best in Ireland and all that. All Johnny Punchclock could tell me is "Computer says no", "Not made anymore" etc etc.

Rang a bearing factors in Manchester, Lovely helpful girl on the phone, "Oh yes, we have those, how many do you want, and what clearance " ? She was even able to give me a discount and free tracked postage. The difference was night and day and thats only one example, i have literally dozens of similar experiences.

Oh...You mean borderline sweated labour in a cult-like work environment making Jeff Bezos even richer?:rolleyes: Want to be between sending the wife and daughters to sell their bodies on the streets and starvation to work for this lot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/4fg44p/11_reasons_working_for_amazon_is_the_worst_ever/

https://onezero.medium.com/relentless-com-life-as-a-cog-in-amazons-e-tail-machine-d46b3ef05eb8

• Advertisement

Its not just amazon though. I was buying a huge amount of motorcycle parts, tools, etc from the UK, usually via ebay.

Take bearings, i was after a rare enough sized bearing for an engine and it had to be C3 clearance. Went to a bearing factor here, supposed to be the best in Ireland and all that. All Johnny Punchclock could tell me is "Computer says no", "Not made anymore" etc etc.

Rang a bearing factors in Manchester, Lovely helpful girl on the phone, "Oh yes, we have those, how many do you want, and what clearance " ? She was even able to give me a discount and free tracked postage. The difference was night and day and thats only one example, i have literally dozens of similar experiences.
    Tis right. The EU said they would teach the UK a lesson. Joke. We either cant get or pay through the nose for stuff now.

Tis right. The EU said they would teach the UK a lesson. Joke. We either cant get or pay through the nose for stuff now.

Its in the papers today, that the price of building is to go up as brexit is going to have a huge effect on the price of building materials. The eu want to beat up the Uk, but we are going to get pasting too. All soft lads Varadkar or mehole will do is doff the cap to brussels.

But dont worry folks...Nanny EU will look after us...After all that's what centralised power does so well. :)

Just paid 40 bloody quid for a plastic valve for an ATV sprayer on eBay. That costs all of probably 3 US dollars to make in the FIMCO plant in the US. But because Fimco won't sell direct and only thru dealers,which happens to be in WALES for the EU.It was 20 Stg and another 20 STG shipping&handling and customs to us over here in Ireland.:mad:

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Just paid 40 bloody quid for a plastic valve for an ATV sprayer on eBay. That costs all of probably 3 US dollars to make in the FIMCO plant in the US. But because Fimco won't sell direct and only thru dealers,which happens to be in WALES for the EU.It was 20 Stg and another 20 STG shipping&handling and customs to us over here in Ireland.:mad:

I got a surface grinder, just over a ton in weight, sent over from the UK the year before last, £120 all in delivered to the door ! Something small like your valve was free uk post and 4 euros parcel motel.

People telling you to buy in mainland europe are wrong too, they screw you on the post too. :mad:

Advertisement