Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Principal Officer competition 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Belfry2018

I was going to ask the same thing? I would have thought that the first offers would be out today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waterbottle2

Ive been offered a Dublin post, was placed <5 on panel. Got some serious thinking to do now

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Ive been offered a Dublin post, was placed <5 on panel. Got some serious thinking to do now

Congratulatations and take it as I suspect if you are interested in this job you are not spoilt for choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Geekchick

Hi guys

I just found this thread through a Google search. Would have been handy months ago ☺️

I placed <10 and got an offer today for Dublin. From what I’m reading here the regional panels are moving slowly? And this panels life could be up by early next year? So, it may be an idea to take the job! For serving CS - are most departments open to blended working post COVID?

Thanks

Hi that great news. Congratulations on your promotion. I think they may move quickly through this panel! Here's hoping I placed <20 which I was delighted with having just got over a Covid dose.

Our Dept, while open to blended working arrangements, is only considering 20%, so one day remotely. However not sure how that will go down but also we can't been seen to have an advantage on the private sector so I'd say a plan maybe be implemented slowly to see what the public opinion is like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 terminatorX1

Well done to everyone so far! How do you get notified of an offer, is it the usual text/Email to check your publicjobs messages?

Does anyone know if there has been any update on the PO ICT/Digital competition that was advertised around the same time as this competition?

Belfry2018 wrote: »
    Hi that great news. Congratulations on your promotion. I think they may move quickly through this panel! Here's hoping I placed <20 which I was delighted with having just got over a Covid dose.

Thanks and congrats to you too ! It does seem to be moving quickly. Hope you’re feeling better now after the dose.

Most larger private sector companies seem to be going blended or fully remote so that may not be an issue long term. I had hoped for 2 days remote but I guess 1 is better than nothing. My current place was looking at a 2:3 remote: office split. Im fully remote at the moment.

Thanks again for the insight

Well done to everyone so far! How do you get notified of an offer, is it the usual text/Email to check your publicjobs messages?

Does anyone know if there has been any update on the PO ICT/Digital competition that was advertised around the same time as this competition?

Thanks! Yes, message to check your message board. It seems to be moving really quickly

Haven’t heard anything about the ICT competition.

Geekchick wrote: »
    Thanks and congrats to you too ! It does seem to be moving quickly. Hope you’re feeling better now after the dose.

Most larger private sector companies seem to be going blended or fully remote so that may not be an issue long term. I had hoped for 2 days remote but I guess 1 is better than nothing. My current place was looking at a 2:3 remote: office split. Im fully remote at the moment.

Thanks again for the insight

I know following on from a staff survey across the CS 2:3 days or 3:2 options were the most preferred. Like all Depts one size policy wont fit all business areas. So I imagine we will end up nearer your hopes! I think we all have a long way to go before we are fully blended!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭karlitob

Done!
    They’re no fun, these things. Part and parcel of working life, I suppose.
    They got what I had to give - let’s hope it’s good enough.
    Thanks to everyone for their time and advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Grey AP

Don't know about anyone else, but I got a message to my contact email and not to publicjobs.ie messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭froggiegirls

karlitob wrote: »
    Done!
    They’re no fun, these things. Part and parcel of working life, I suppose.
    They got what I had to give - let’s hope it’s good enough.
    Thanks to everyone for their time and advice.

Whatever happens you’ve done your best. Good luck!

Anyone get any offers today?

What’s next stage for batch 3? Has the video interviews finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Babsiboo

I think the interviews are finished on the 21st April, so I'd say a day or 2 for mop up interviews then results hopefully soon. &#55357;&#56911;&#55358;&#56606;

Babsiboo wrote: »
    I think the interviews are finished on the 21st April, so I'd say a day or 2 for mop up interviews then results hopefully soon. ����

Is that for the video interview or final interview? Just wondering as to try guess how quick they may move on batch 2! There is obviously quite a few vacancies . Thanks for the update. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Babsiboo

Belfry2018 wrote: »
    Is that for the video interview or final interview? Just wondering as to try guess how quick they may move on batch 2! There is obviously quite a few vacancies . Thanks for the update. Best of luck.

Thanks, yes actual interviews. The last stage is the presentation. From previous posts I see batch 2 have began offering positions already, up to number 6 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roscoe69

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive results of interview and find out if you've made it to presentation stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShellyMCD

Last time the interviews finished on a Friday and the results issued the following Wednesday. If you passed the interview you were called to stage 4. There was an almost two months gap between Stage 3 and Stage 4. It might be less this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roscoe69

ShellyMCD wrote: »
    Last time the interviews finished on a Friday and the results issued the following Wednesday. If you passed the interview you were called to stage 4. There was an almost two months gap between Stage 3 and Stage 4. It might be less this time.

Thanks!

Had interview this morning... flashbacks to all the examples I should have given but didn't! Ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShellyMCD

It’s very hard to tell with interviews. Fingers crossed for you.

Roscoe69 wrote: »
    Thanks!

Had interview this morning... flashbacks to all the examples I should have given but didn't! Ah well...

Interviews are so difficult to judge. The postmortem is never good or the waiting! Best of luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maybenever

Anyone an idea where the panel is at now? 5/6 the last time we heard

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nocrac

Maybenever wrote: »
    Anyone an idea where the panel is at now? 5/6 the last time we heard

I think its gone past no.10 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Regularreggie

Do we know how many in are in that second batch?

Pas confirmed to me that there are 25 on the second batch panel

Nocrac wrote: »
    I think its gone past no.10 at least.

I’m close to 15 but haven’t heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noprobs

Hey all, been following this post for a while. Thanks to all the contributors, very helpful. Does anyone know when results of recent interviews will be out?

Noprobs wrote: »
    Hey all, been following this post for a while. Thanks to all the contributors, very helpful. Does anyone know when results of recent interviews will be out?

We got the results of our interviews within a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Tangtastic

Noprobs wrote: »

Waiting (not very) patiently and avoiding the temptation to email to ask them! 😬

Advertisement