Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Female Police officer stabbed to death in France

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Utter scum people that can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

walshb wrote: »
    Utter scum people that can do this!

The people that allow it by turning a blind eye are worse.

The man with the knife is the least of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

France have been battling this dangerous and hateful ideology for many years now.
    The victims count in their hundreds in France alone.

Does someone have an idea on how to avoid these attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Danzy wrote: »

The man with the knife, who plunged it into another person, is the least if it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

biko wrote: »
    France have been battling this dangerous and hateful ideology for many years now.

Rubber knives.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

He is still an awful shi7 but the types that turn a blind eye, the enablers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Unfortunately they want to let these all in here too...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Loverlyhorse

I keep hearing that it's a "religion of peace"?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Troubles rang?

Overheal wrote: »
    The Troubles rang?

Are there still people pretending that the war in the North had something to do with religion.

• Advertisement

Are there still people pretending that the war in the North had something to do with religion.

That’s some laughable revisionism you’re trying to pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

That’s some laughable revisionism you’re trying to pull.

About as laughable as your whataboutery.

jay1988 wrote: »
    About as laughable as your whataboutery.

Which is only as laughable of turning every stabbing involving some radical extremist into an indictment on 1.8 billion adherents to Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

By refusing to allow into your country people who would or might do your country and it’s people harm.

Strumms wrote: »
    By refusing to allow into your country people who would or might do your country and it’s people harm.

And on what criteria do you wish to refuse them, that is not bigotry?

The killer Jamel Gorchane came from Tunisia to France in 2009.
    The fact that he shouted Allahu akbar and the presence of files related to Islamist terrorism found at his home and on his phone points toward this being a terrorist attack.

From this article we also learn the victim's name and age - Stéphanie, 49. RIP.

https://www.leparisien.fr/yvelines-78/attentat-de-rambouillet-ce-que-lon-sait-de-jamel-gorchane-lassaillant-de-36-ans-abattu-dans-le-commissariat-24-04-2021-6BA4Z5MJ3NEZPE5RROT7TDISTI.php

• Registered Users Posts: 32,983 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well, it's like calling Catholicism a religion of people who respect children, isn't it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

o1s1n wrote: »

Yes. The apologists who'll be out in force soon. They are worse.

Well, it's like calling Catholicism a religion of people who respect children, isn't it?

"Religion of peace" is a self appointed title.

"Religion of peace" is a self appointed title.

I'd argue it's not a title.

I'd also argue there's no such thing as a religion of "peace" - individuals of peace who follow religions, yes - but that's a different thread.

• Advertisement

I'd argue it's not a title.

I'd also argue there's no such thing as a religion of "peace" - individuals of peace who follow religions, yes - but that's a different thread.

Your argument is with the inams and left wing commentators who keep repeating it.

Your argument is with the inams and left wing commentators who keep repeating it.

No, my arugment is with the person who puts it in "inverted commas" in order to pretend the actions of one person is a more reliable yardstick than the beliefs of well over one billion.

The killer Jamel Gorchane came from Tunisia to France in 2009.
    The fact that he shouted Allahu akbar and the presence of files related to Islamist terrorism found at his home and on his phone points toward this being a terrorist attack.

From this article we also learn the victim's name and age - Stéphanie, 49. RIP.

https://www.leparisien.fr/yvelines-78/attentat-de-rambouillet-ce-que-lon-sait-de-jamel-gorchane-lassaillant-de-36-ans-abattu-dans-le-commissariat-24-04-2021-6BA4Z5MJ3NEZPE5RROT7TDISTI.php

“Files related to Islamist terrorism”

Such as?

If I was reading that on some loony rightwing US site they could as easily be referring to the Koran

And my phone browser does not auto translate.

That's what the article says. I guess you'll have to be patient.

Yes. The apologists who'll be out in force soon. They are worse.

The worst person is the one that murdered a policewoman. End of

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All of these people are knowing to the police for the content they view and the things they preach but they are untouchable until they kill someone, that needs to change. Should be deported and banned from the country for viewing this material if they are immigrants.

All of these people are knowing to the police for the content they view and the things they preach but they are untouchable until they kill someone, that needs to change. Should be deported and banned from the country for viewing this material if they are immigrants.

What material are you referring to here? What things “being preached?” Because, as we just briefly mentioned, we don’t have any specifics about what any of the aforementioned material is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Which is only as laughable of turning every stabbing involving some radical extremist into an indictment on 1.8 billion adherents to Islam

If these cowards were denied a muslim burial then that would help alienate them within their own communities and reduce support. I don't see any appetite for that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

How do you implement the idea of not admitting terrorists?

I reckon they don't know they're terrorists when they arrive. So is it just to not let muslims in?

I'm not a fan of religion, and Islam seems worse than most. But I'm also not onboard with the idea of discriminating against people on the basis of their religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Who, precisely, is 'turning a blind eye'?

Advertisement