Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uptick in Covid19 D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

Walk in test centre in Mulhuddart extended for 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/dublin-covid-hotspot-areas-highest-20401300

Oh dear, Ongar is the worst area for COVID in the whole country at the moment after Tullamore, Co. Offaly! Hopefully cases will start falling here soon too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/dublin-covid-hotspot-areas-highest-20401300

Oh dear, Ongar is the worst area for COVID in the whole country at the moment after Tullamore, Co. Offaly! Hopefully cases will start falling here soon too!

I genuinely cant get my head around that. I dont live in Ongar itself but in the larger area classified as Ongar for the purposes of this breakdown and I know 2 people since last March who've tested positive. Even through all the different local groups you'd expect loads to have had it based on the figures but no... yet in work I know of dozens across our industry who've tested positive (not based in D15 ftr) its really weird as its not 'that' large a population.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

DvB wrote: »
    I genuinely cant get my head around that. I dont live in Ongar itself but in the larger area classified as Ongar for the purposes of this breakdown and I know 2 people since last March who've tested positive. Even through all the different local groups you'd expect loads to have had it based on the figures but no... yet in work I know of dozens across our industry who've tested positive (not based in D15 ftr) its really weird as its not 'that' large a population.

I guess it's all relative - in the past few weeks I know of two households where everyone ended up getting Covid, in outbreaks that began in workplaces (and the outbreak affected colleagues who I don't know i.e., significant numbers of staff got Covid, brought it home, everyone in the house got Covid - so maybe dozens of cases associated with the two households I know directly). Both in D15 - houses and workplaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Another classroom in mary mother of hope senior school will have to stay off again, as the parents seem to not give a sh1t about social gatherings and the spread of covid-19. Well done those selfish parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

2 Down
    1 Up

551007.PNG

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Alas I'm sure none of us had to check the spreadsheet to know which one was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Are there more schools in Ongar versus other areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

rameire wrote: »
    2 Down
    1 Up

551007.PNG

Why are the figures different to here?

https://mobile.twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1385324795470954497/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

BlondeBomb wrote: »

They're exactly the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

khalessi wrote: »
    Are there more schools in Ongar versus other areas?

More high density rented apartments with housemates who have to go out and work in essential (low paid) services, I'd hazard. If one person gets covid the whole place will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

Phil.x wrote: »
    Another classroom in mary mother of hope senior school will have to stay off again, as the parents seem to not give a sh1t about social gatherings and the spread of covid-19. Well done those selfish parents.

Up to 3 classrooms in Mary mother of hope now.

Ramadan could also play a factor in the D15 area now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

With a rate that high Ongar must be one of (if not) the highest in the country now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

DvB wrote: »
    With a rate that high Ongar must be one of (if not) the highest in the country now.

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Lots of non Irish in ongar who have a dismissive, "it's only a cold" type of attitude. Like my Lithuanian neighbour's who couldn't give a sh1t about it from speaking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Phil.x wrote: »
    Lots of non Irish in ongar who have a dismissive, "it's only a cold" type of attitude. Like my Lithuanian neighbour's who couldn't give a sh1t about it from speaking to them.

I'd love to say you're wrong but same with my neighbours in Waterville from that neck of the woods. It's been like Grand Central Station there since Lockdown 1 ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gerlad wrote: »
    It is

By a considerable distance.

Wouldn't surprise me to see local school closures again on the back of such numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I think we'd need people in hospital for closures and we're not seeing them. Young people are mostly asymptomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I think we'd need people in hospital for closures and we're not seeing them. Young people are mostly asymptomatic.

At this stage the schools coulc be covered in green ooze and they would keep them open. Schools need to be open but there is need for better safety precautions because of asymptomatic cases and Ongar has a large amount of schools in the area. Tackle the community cases and the schools through antigen testing like UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

khalessi wrote: »
    At this stage the schools coulc be covered in green ooze and they would keep them open. Schools need to be open but there is need for better safety precautions because of asymptomatic cases and Ongar has a large amount of schools in the area. Tackle the community cases and the schools through antigen testing like UK
    If all we're getting are asymptomatic or no hospital cases why should we do anything at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Nijmegen wrote: »
    More high density rented apartments with housemates who have to go out and work in essential (low paid) services, I'd hazard. If one person gets covid the whole place will have it.

This.
    It's working class / low paying job areas like Mulhuddart especially I believe.

A mix of essential work or those who don't care and think it's just the flu. Am not being snobby either by saying low education comes into play or social welfare merchants. The sort who won't take it seriously.

2 Up
    1 Down

551778.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

TU Dublin, Croí (Block C), Blanchardstown Campus, Blanchardstown Road North, Dublin. Open May 1-7 from 10am-6pm.

Another walk in facility for Dublin 15 where you don't need to have symptoms to be tested.

2 Down
    1 Up.

552438.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

2 Down
    1 Up.

Looking at that it should hopefully not be far wrong to think that while Blanchardstown-Mulhuddart and Castleknock remain relatively static as compared to last week (case numbers being down and up by 1 respectively vs last week is static to me), it should actually be a drop in week-on-week terms.

Last week saw a significant jump in both LEAs vs the preceding week, with Castleknock in particular having been pretty static in the lead up to that too. So the major component in each LEA that caused that jump will be in the latter 7 days of last week's 14 day period, and will fall into the first 7 days of this week's 14 days, before rolling out completely next week.

That the figures this week are broadly the same should suggest that the latter 7 days under consideration for this week's report are a relative improvement, and more in line with the preceding weeks. Obviously still not stellar, but potentially cause for optimism there all the same.

All Down.
    Woo Hoo.

552911.PNG

No info today due to the HSE hack.
    Let's assume they are all down.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No info today due to the HSE hack.
    Let's assume they are all down.

No news is good news? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

These have started to be published again via the Data Hub

Figures up to 19th July

Per 100k

Blanch - Mulhuddart - 413.5

Castleknock - 409.7

Ongar - 577.7

Blanch 146 cases in last 14 days

Castleknock 189 cases in last 14 days

Ongar 207 cases in last 14 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ongar LEA's incidence rate is the 6th highest in the country (out of 166 LEAs), and the highest in Dublin.

Advertisement