Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Yes it is possible to acquire covid in between injections but your symptoms will probably be very mild.

I also have a different outlook now that im vaccinated. I find my minset has changed... its hard to describe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Wesser wrote: »
    Yes it is possible to acquire covid in between injections but your symptoms will probably be very mild.

I also have a different outlook now that im vaccinated. I find my minset has changed... its hard to describe

Yes, I too feel the need for an Office 365 subscription, and a Surface Pro to run it on.

Only joking, it feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and we'll all be able to go back to whatever we decide normal will be soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Not looking for medical advice but does the HSE have a non-emergency number you can ring if you have have a non emergency medical query or concern?

They have a helpline listed somewhere on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Not looking for medical advice but does the HSE have a non-emergency number you can ring if you have have a non emergency medical query or concern?

I looked this up, as I was curious myself :)
    HSELive – health service questions
    The HSELive team can answer general questions about the health service too.

Get in touch with us by phone, email or social media.

Open:

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
    10am to 5pm on Saturday
    Phone
    LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone:01 240 8787

From outside Ireland or the UK: 00 3531 240 8787

Email
    Send your query by email to hselive@hse.ie.
    We'll email you back as soon as we can.

Social media
    Send us a direct message on Twitter and we'll get back to you.
    Twitter: @HSELive

Also, the COVID-19 vaccine section on the HSE website is really good... it has a wealth of information with respect to the rollout and sub-sections dedicated to each vaccine (details on the EMA approval, leaflets, side-effects, etc.). It is updated regularly too (often on a daily basis).

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Also, following on from my last post, if anyone has any adverse reactions after receiving a vaccine, you can submit a HPRA* COVID-19 Vaccine Adverse Reaction Report via this link

*Health Products Regulatory Authority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

Graces7 wrote: »
    Go to their web site. All manner of help etc.

Is it a side effect to the vaccine you want to report

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Is the vaccine working against the Indian variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Which vaccine?
    No matter the answer, there's too little data yet to answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The variant has been known about since November and has been marked a variant of interest, which is at point 1 of the 3 point scale (Brazil and South Africa are at point 2 as variants of concern and no known variant is at point 3, which is variant of consequence).

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Yes - Pfizer first jab

My Mum is SO excited counting down the days until she & all her sisters & friends are done (mid-end May, they've all had their 1st dose now) so they can all meet up inside & out again. She's giving out now the shops, hairdressers, cafes etc not opening quick enough to be ready for her 'coming out' lol. But thank goodness she not one of the ones still paralyzed by fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yes - J&J
    Had my first Pfizer dose on Saturday. Slight aches Saturday evening and Sunday. Felt a bit flu like yesterday but not too bad today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I couldn't get out of bed nevermind the couch. I was battered with weird head sensations and tiredness for a week after. Although that could be my sinus infection. It's been a while since I had one of them.

I'm 10 days in from getting the AZ vaccine and I still have that woozy head feeling and kinda like I'm getting a sinus infection or something.
    I take immunosuppressants so I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Be carefull folks of the vaccine remember the vaccine is for emergency use only and still in phase three trails ignore what rte or corrupt government says

for those that have taking the vaccine I hope it has no ill effects

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX’ family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

Was probably definitely the vaccine he got a week before that killed him, and definitely nothing to do with the cocktail of drugs he'd hoovered into himself that day.

Edit: Got my first one about 5 weeks ago, was in bits for 2 days, then grand since. Think second one has been pushed back from 12 weeks to 16 weeks now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

reports of low sperm counts in male and cessation of menses in women who have taken the jab.

Any update?>

Any sources of this information?

edit: actually don't bother, I see it's apparently a re-reg of a banned CT account, sources will not be forthcoming. And to answer the question, there has been no such reports outside of some people's imaginations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

reports of low sperm counts in male and cessation of menses in women who have taken the jab.

Any update?>

Something else that impacts fertility in men: covid-19

Low sperm count is likely due to the high temperature from someone who has side effects of the vaccine. Nothing to suggest long term implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Got AZ yesterday at Aviva. Was in the q at 2.10 for 2.25 shot and there were c. 80 ahead om me outside the stadium. Got to first checkpoint at 2.45. Was asked for my time, then name and person then confirmed to me my first name. Person behind me had a 2.30.
    Another long q inside, probably 40 people. No one complaining (too much!) Once I got to the head of that q the registration was very quick. A few questions then gave me my vaccine card. Another q to get to the vaccination cubicles. Staff at my cubicle standing outside, beckoning me, speed up. Very efficient; in and out 6 or 7 minutes. Then on to the wait area, 15 minutes and out at 4.00.
    I heard from HSE person, that it was walk in and out in 30-40 mins in the morning. Who cares, great to be done
    Very low level reaction yesterday and today - muzzy head and a little 'off colour'. It has a reward - cup of tea in bed, a sandwich and a McFlurry.
    So if you are parking on street be aware it can take longer than you think. underground parking at the stadium and surface car park very close both beside entrance area and a fair amount of on-street parking.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Has anyone (HCW or otherwise) got their second Az dose yet?

I’m due mine at the start of May, but have not received any guidance if it will go ahead (at the 12 week mark) and/or if it will be substituted with a different vaccine.... (due to the current suspension)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I’m due mine at the start of May, but have not received any guidance if it will go ahead (at the 12 week mark) and/or if it will be substituted with a different vaccine.... (due to the current suspension)
    Know someone in HSE who was down for end of May, now expecting it to be the end of June , based on that 16 weeks change but they haven't received any updated details yet. Unless you had very adverse reactions to the first one you will be getting the 2nd AZ seem to be the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes - Moderna first jab

My husband is HCW he is due to get second AZ in a couple of weeks. They have all been told it will go ahead as booked.

I am able to book up NI (as have GP there) so will probably book in next few days it is now open 35-40 year olds which I am in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab

There were talks of changing it to 16 weeks instead.

At the moment the suspension does not affect those who already have had the first dose, they will still get the second dose of AZ.

I am also due mine 2nd week of May (12 weeks) but as above they might change it to 16 weeks instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Had the 1st Pfizer Moderna yesterday. Didn't feel a thing. No side effects of any sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I wonder what difference interval and age have on side effects. Pfizer dose 2 hit hcw hard. I had it 5th Feb and wasn't right for about 2 weeks...wooziness, headaches, dizziness. But the interval was TINY, the bare minimum allowed of 15 days. The hospital wasn't expecting to have enough to dose more than the doctors and nurses as 2nd dose but got enough for all eligible staff (non medical staff had 1st dose later than medical) and as it was a Friday and they knew there would be sick leave as a result they did everyone.

Hcw mostly had Pfizer at a 3 week interval. The Over 70's are 4 weeks and don't seem to be getting as many side effects. Would NOT recommend 15 day interval...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Went to vaccination centre in Galway yesterday appointment for 12.20 got the Pfizer jab at 12.25 left at 13.40 never felt a thing and no side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Yes - J&J
    jos28 wrote: »
    Does anyone know or have experience of choosing your vaccine and how to go about it?

You don't have a choice of vaccine. Nobody does.

The incredibly low clotting risk from the viral vector vaccines are not linked to previous clotting events, but you should take medical advice from your GP and the health authorities not randomers on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Yes - J&J
    Got my first dose of the Pfzier vaccine yesterday feel a bit fluffy headed today and my arm is a bit sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I had first dose AZ yesterday . Awake since 3am feeling cold and tossing and turning . Have a background headache now and arm is sore
    But delighted to have it and this will pass
    Very impressed with the efficiency and organisation in City West

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I had my first dose of the AZ vaccine on Wednesday. No ill effects so far.

I see that the UK guidance on the AZ vaccine is that the second dose should be administered between 4 and 12 weeks after the first one. The guidance here is that the doses should be at least 12 weeks apart.

Seems strange that contradictory advice is being given for the same product. Can anyone throw any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Norway will now also be offering a different second dose to those who took AZ. If more EU countries follow suit, I am sure Ireland will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yes it is possible to acquire covid in between injections
    Most likely while queuing in the vaccination centre by the sounds of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

So some people have vaccines now, I guess now more than ever some are comfortable and not in so much fear apart from thinking about finances.

What does it feel like to watch the news cycle of news when your vaccine is protecting you? Is there complete disinterest in the daily news cycle dominated by covid? Or is it a hard routine to boot like when we use to all watch trump?

P.S I know they will have some mutant turtle strain when we are all jabbed for us to worry about but some peace will hopefully last for a while.

Advertisement