Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT calculator - am i doing something wrong?

Options
  • 21-04-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi guys

When i go on the VRT calculator, and i enter in the CO2 emissions, say for example 123g/km - its says the value is too high and it won't accept it? It accepts it if i convert to kg but the ads i am looking at always express as g/km and not kg?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you definitely entering Co2 and not NoX

If you’re entering a different co2 value, are you certain that that variant isn’t listed elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 c1aran

I bet you're entering co2 instead of nox, find the nox value from the seller or from somewhere like emissionsfinder.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭User1998

Co2 Can’t be entered manually. The Co2 is automatically selected based on the make/model/variant you chose.

Your entering Co2 into the Nox section

User1998 wrote: »
    Co2 Can’t be entered manually. The Co2 is automatically selected based on the make/model/variant you chose.

Your entering Co2 into the Nox section

You can manually recalculate by putting a different Co2 value in.

Ah I see. Can’t be done on mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Heya, Im trying to calculate the VRT from an MX5 first registered in Japan, but it is not on the drop down list. Id expect to see Roadster.
    Any ideas?

If its not on the system then you just have to buy the car and hope for the best unfortunately

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Heya, Im trying to calculate the VRT from an MX5 first registered in Japan, but it is not on the drop down list. Id expect to see Roadster.
    Any ideas?

Just do VRT for a non Japanese model one.
    Watch out as there are lots of variants.

Do you know the Co2 figure for the car? Is it on uk plates now or Japanese?

They seem to be going easy on MX5 values

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just do VRT for a non Japanese model one.
    Watch out as there are lots of variants.

Do you know the Co2 figure for the car? Is it on uk plates now or Japanese?

They seem to be going easy on MX5 values

Yeah prices of them are going up :-(
    I'll see if I can get the nox value. I'm looking at the auction sites in Japan. Just seeing if it's worth it. (I think it would be)
    Looking for a 2nd gen NR-A model

Most nox will be is €600. You have no chance of getting a nox value on an individual JDM car so budget for €600.

Budget for VAT and import tax as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement