Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post your Benchy

Options
  • 16-04-2021 9:18am

Probably the first print any of us will try so there will be a lot of obvious pointers to come from it.

Post yours to see if people here can explain where you can improve the finish.

Mine from an Ender 3 Pro, more than happy to get any improvement tips

550321.jpg

550312.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

I thought this was going to be a thread to post your work bench haha
    My first print went straight for a printer mod, need to redo it though now that I have my settings and printer calibrations set up correctly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i must have printed 20+ calibration cubes after making changes, but have yet to ever print a benchy. i'm almost inclined to be stubborn now and say i never will:)

mossym wrote: »
    i must have printed 20+ calibration cubes after making changes, but have yet to ever print a benchy. i'm almost inclined to be stubborn now and say i never will:)

My kids love them...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mine are way more interested in the little ducks that come with the bigtreetech stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

41QeBqfl.jpg

Have printed a good few benchys, but probably thousands of Marvins.
    This one is off my new Ender 3 V2

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

550887.jpg

I bit the bullet and flashed Klipper onto the Q5 - the print quality with the factory firmware was excellent, but the dimensional tolerances were shocking. With Klipper I was able to do the advanced delta calibration and now it can actually print squares.

I'm pretty happy with this benchy. The tops of the arches aren't perfect, but considering it was printed at 80mm/s and that it has a longish bowden tube, it's not at all bad. I think I'll upgrade the extruder and swap out the cheap extruder stepper driver for a Trinamic.

Loving the filament, what is it?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's Eryone sparkly red PLA. I got it from Amazon, but I just checked and the same filament can't be delivered here anymore.

/shakes fist at Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I have used .de exclusively since Brexit with no issues and while delivery is ontop, I never felt gouged, the price is the price so no worries re extras via .co.uk

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Teaching tech, which is a good 3d printing channel posted this up today.
    An explanation of why you should print a benchy and how to use it to diagnose different issues with printer, well worth a watch.

Advertisement