Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pard nv007

• 20-04-2021 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Just wondering from those that have or have used this NV is it still the best NV going for under €450.Is the onboard ir light good enough to shoot at 100/200y without the need for an extra ir lamp.Anyone have any major problems with them or are they fairly bulletproof.
    I hope to put it on a simple hawke vantage 3-9 ao is that a suitable scope.Ill also hopefully be using it on a hmr so huge distance is not required but I'd like to be able to spot eye's from a distance if possible as I'd like to use it to count ground nesting birds on our land.
    Thanks in advance for the replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I use one on a .223 with an external lamp and it is good out to 400-500 m.
    My mate uses one on a HMR without any external IR and it is fine for the range involved.
    The only thing that might suffer is identification of targets( foxes or rabbits)that you want to get close to, beyond 200m without a lamp.
    The Hawke Vantage is ideal as well and in fact the 3X mag is even better than larger mag as the Pard magnifies the image in any case.
    I never use anything above 6X mag as it tends to pixelate the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭macatac

Vizzy wrote: »
    My mate uses one on a HMR without any external IR and it is fine for the range involved.
    The only thing that might suffer is identification of targets( foxes or rabbits)that you want to get close to, beyond 200m without a lamp.
    The Hawke Vantage is ideal as well and in fact the 3X mag is even better than larger mag as the Pard magnifies the image in any case.

Think they've come down in price as of late..possibly a gen 2 coming out...

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

Can you tell me what lamp you're using,how's the unit on batteries when using built-in it light.

I'm using a Sirius XTL, but the likes of a Solaris SRX, PBIRL or Dark Sun will do the job too.
    I had a 67mm OPticfire before the Laser and I found that it wasn't as good.

Battery life is about 2-2.5 hours constantly switched on with IR 2 setting.
    Extra batteries are about €8 each.

I'm using a Sirius XTL, but the likes of a Solaris SRX, PBIRL or Dark Sun will do the job too.
    I had a 67mm OPticfire before the Laser and I found that it wasn't as good.

Battery life is about 2-2.5 hours constantly switched on with IR 2 setting.
    Extra batteries are about €8 each.

Sound great information and exactly what I was wanting to know.Thanks.

• Advertisement

Westhunter Digital Night Vision - NVE20 looks like a fairly good copy of the pard but not much if any cheaper.https://outdoorsports.ie/collections/optics/products/westhunter-digital-night-vision-nev20
    Also if you look on AliExpress there's a copy as well called Megaorei 3 and it's only €150,it's fierce tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The price of the Pard 007 is down by £100 to £330 in all shops in the last week or so in UK.

I think it's because they don't want the new different copies of their original design to gain market share, an ex employee started one of the companies making the copies.

Whatever the reason it's a bargain at that price.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The price of the Pard 007 is down by £100 to £330 in all shops in the last week or so in UK.

I think it's because they don't want the new different copies of their original design to gain market share, an ex employee started one of the companies making the copies.

Whatever the reason it's a bargain at that price.

Must look, I see optics warehouse has started back deliveries to Ireland which is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I'm using a Sirius XTL, but the likes of a Solaris SRX, PBIRL or Dark Sun will do the job too...

Sorry if hijacking the thread but I'm interested in the illuminator. I'm running a Photon RT 6х50 and am using Tracer LEDRay IR Torch as an add on. I got a few outings with it last year mounted on a .22 LR and knocked a few rabbits no bother- usually at my normal ranges 20 -75 yards.
    Recently put together a 22 centre fire night vision kit with the Photon and although the kit is still good on close in bunnies, I'm not getting the detail I'd like on longer distances.

Where are lads sourcing the laser illuminators, can't seem to find them here at the moment?

Can those who have experience in the area throw up a few tips, hints and basic procedures about pairing up illuminator, alignment, focusing beams ie flood verus tight spot, preventing white out and anything else that may need to be sorted.

Sorry if hijacking the thread but I'm interested in the illuminator. I'm running a Photon RT 6х50 and am using Tracer LEDRay IR Torch as an add on. I got a few outings with it last year mounted on a .22 LR and knocked a few rabbits no bother- usually at my normal ranges 20 -75 yards.
    Recently put together a 22 centre fire night vision kit with the Photon and although the kit is still good on close in bunnies, I'm not getting the detail I'd like on longer distances.

Where are lads sourcing the laser illuminators, can't seem to find them here at the moment?

Can those who have experience in the area throw up a few tips, hints and basic procedures about pairing up illuminator, alignment, focusing beams ie flood verus tight spot, preventing white out and anything else that may need to be sorted.

Seeing as you've moved to the top table I wonder could we have a dedicated thread for all things NV and thermal,from scopes to torches and illuminators.I think it would be great addition.

• Advertisement

Asus1 wrote: »
    Must look, I see optics warehouse has started back deliveries to Ireland which is good

On two occasions I had purchased the Photon from the UK. One transaction went as far as taking the money and confirming the purchase. I got contacted via email to say it couldn't be sold to me as I was outside of UK and due to international conventions blah, blah, blah. I asked for the relevant forms /license and they weren't interested in doing buisness. My secound attempt from a different supplier ended similar. This was before Brexit and using Parcel Motel, unless something has changed I'd say you may run afoul of some retailers.

Seeing as you've moved to the top table I wonder could we have a dedicated thread for all things NV and thermal,from scopes to torches and illuminators.I think it would be great addition.

Looking into it.

On two occasions I had purchased the Photon from the UK. One transaction went as far as taking the money and confirming the purchase. I got contacted via email to say it couldn't be sold to me as I was outside of UK and due to international conventions blah, blah, blah. I asked for the relevant forms /license and they weren't interested in doing buisness. My secound attempt from a different supplier ended similar. This was before Brexit and using Parcel Motel, unless something has changed I'd say you may run afoul of some retailers.

Could do, I've only ever bought a scope off them.Some great prices on scopes.

Could do, I've only ever bought a scope off them.Some great prices on scopes.

This is the terms and conditions from Scott country-
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION RELATING TO LICENSING AND EXPORT CONTROLS

Please note that the export or re-export of any riflescopes or night vision systems, be it image intensified, thermal or other, above a given specification is strictly controlled by ITAR regulations. All of these systems are subject to UK Governmental Export Licensing Regulations and dependent on specification, a licence may need to be obtained prior to the export, even temporarily(e.g if you are travelling overseas with your device on holiday), from the UK.

It is the responsibility of the exporter, whether it be a company or an individual to ensure that such a licence is obtained. Failure to comply is a criminal offence. For further information please visit

[url]HTTPS://WWW.GOV.UK/GOVERNMENT/ORGANISATIONS/EXPORT-CONTROL-ORGANISATION[/url]

Or you can contact the Export Control Organisation on Tel: 020 7215 4594, Fax: 020 7215 2635 Email: eco.help@bis.gsi.gov.uk

This is the terms and conditions from Scott country-

Here's another site that stocks them and it's in Europe so no hidden fees,but it's not much cheaper than a few Irish RFDs who stock them.
    https://www.optics-trade.eu/en/pard-nv007-rear-digital-night-vision-clip-on.html
    https://wildhunter.ie/collections/nightthermalthermalvision/products/pard-night-vision-16mm-4x-rear-add-on

On the supply issue, I bought mine from a lad on here.
    The Sirius is available from irlightbuilds and the PBIRL is made by a guy called Paul Baker in the UK.( both on Facebook)
    Expect to pay £150 ish for either of these.

I found that the ordinary IR was washing out the Pard ( and I see that it is a common problem with other NV stuff as well).
    The solution is an adjustable mount so that you can "zero" the beam on what you are looking at.
    A dimmable( or at least focusable) light is also essential as well.

So, when you get your light/laser, the first thing I would do would be to get an adjustable mount.
    Mine is a fleabay job with a quick
    Then zero the beam( doesn't need to be "pin tight") at your preferred range.
    Then adjust the focus to your preference ( I have mine set midway between spot and flood) and you should be good to go.
    If the lamp is washing out the NV I'd move a bit more to flood and if you want a bit more distance then focus it a bit more.
    The beauty of the adjustable mount is that you can dial it in on the fly ( think dialing in a scope)

Just for s**ts and giggles last night I went out to see how far I could see eyes with the lamp.
    I spotted eyes at 717 yards, but obviosly wouldn't have been able to tell what they were at that range, managed to stalk up to them a bit and at about 400m I could clearly identify a fox ( who promptly did a runner, neve to be seen again)
    Bottom line here is you will need to get to know your equipment and fiddle around with it a bit to get it to your liking.

Some IR torches suit different units better, the VCSEL IR's like the Solaris SRX/ Sirius / Black Sun Dark Engine are probably the best there are for a Pard 007.

The Black Sun B502 is by far the best LED I know of with the Yukon Photon, it stretches it out further than you will need for shooting.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Just bought the Black Sun Dark Engine IR illuminator
    (Code: BSDE). I will see how it works.

https://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-dark-engine-ir-illuminator-c2x28290587

Just bought the Black Sun Dark Engine IR illuminator
    (Code: BSDE). I will see how it works.

https://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-dark-engine-ir-illuminator-c2x28290587

Just before I email them about the pard,do you know if they deliver to us here.

Just before I email them about the pard,do you know if they deliver to us here.

Well I got a confirmation email off them no alarm bells as of yet.
    The VAT was removed at source so its recognizing my postal address and has applied standard EU postage.

I can't see anything on thier terms and conditions reference international sales of NV units

• Advertisement

Well I got a confirmation email off them no alarm bells as of yet.
    The VAT was removed at source so its recognizing my postal address and has applied standard EU postage.

I can't see anything on thier terms and conditions reference international sales of NV units

I emailed them to find out, dying to waste more money even though I a new gun to pay for.Dont know whether to buy it before I get granted my sub for the hmr as knowing my luck I'll be refused and stuck with the 22.

Just looking at English website and you can get the pard delivered for €305 but by the time all the vat and customs is added it's nearly€420 if I've done the sums right,dam you Brexit.
    https://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/index.asp?function=CART

Don't know if you can get one cheaper anywhere else and based in EU so no nasty fees.
    https://www.jl-vision.nl/en/product/pard-nv007-a-16mm-oled-german-model/

Don't know if you can get one cheaper anywhere else and based in EU so no nasty fees.
    https://www.jl-vision.nl/en/product/pard-nv007-a-16mm-oled-german-model/

If you've never used one of these before just buy it and you will not regret it.

It's long proven reliable technology with a 2 year warranty and it will blow your mind when you see the quality.

If you've never used one of these before just buy it and you will not regret it.

It's long proven reliable technology with a 2 year warranty and it will blow your mind when you see the quality.

The thing that I fancy about them is I can use it as a spotter for counting ground nesting waders on our land and then as a tool for fox.They just seem such a bargain compared to the dedicated NV scopes that you second guess that there must be a catch.

The thing that I fancy about them is I can use it as a spotter for counting ground nesting waders on our land and then as a tool for fox.They just seem such a bargain compared to the dedicated NV scopes that you second guess that there must be a catch.

There's no catch until it makes you delve into the field of using a thermal spotter.

That will be the best grand or two you ever spent.

There's no catch until it makes you delve into the field of using a thermal spotter.

That will be the best grand or two you ever spent.

Sadly you're probably right but hopefully that's a bit down the road.Paying for new rifle and then pard I'm nearer a grand than I'd want to be,but then if I didn't fish,shoot or do a bit of birdwatching Id be absolutely miserable so I look at it as money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Pard 007 is a great job in my opinion. I shot 15 foxes so far this year with one. I would also recommend a laser illuminator such as the Solaris srx. With that you can see even further in great clarity.

Just pulled the trigger and bought new from Holland a package with a few extras for €423 seems great price with all the added bits.Ill leave link to site if anyone else is interested.
    https://www.jl-vision.nl/en/product/pard-nv007-wildboar-packgerman-model/

• Advertisement

Just pulled the trigger and bought new from Holland a package with a few extras for €423 seems great price with all the added bits.Ill leave link to site if anyone else is interested.
    https://www.jl-vision.nl/en/product/pard-nv007-wildboar-packgerman-model/

That's the job, you got a great deal there. Once you twiddle around with it and have it focused properly on your Hawke Vantage you'll think you're James Bond.

It takes a few seconds to work once you press the "On" button, instead of turning it off while out and about you can just put it in sleep mode with a very short press of the power button. The tiny power light stays on but the glare from the back of the unit is gone and it saves on battery power. Another short press on the power button and it works instantly.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement