Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Police killing of 15 yo black girl Makiah Bryant MOD NOTE IN OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Are you saying this is ok?

Are you saying this is ok?

No, like I said - 100% pure racism. No other explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I presume this is clear to all but hardened BLMers to be a case where lethal force was used legitimately.

I presume this is clear to all but hardened BLMers to be a case where lethal force was used legitimately.

There's been protests already. Look up #JusticeForMakiyahBryant on twitter. #sayhername

She's black, therefore the cops are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

was it really though, why not taser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Racist cops. They should have let her go on stabbing people. How dare they do their job.

And if the taser fails and she successfully stabs someone to death?

No sorry, you're right, it's racist. I forgot she was black.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why didn't they just shoot the knife out of her hand?

Imminent threat to life. Lethal force is the correct response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Whatever happened here or however her death will be used politically now; it's absolutely tragic that a 15 year old is shot dead.

• Advertisement

There's been protests already. Look up #JusticeForMakiyahBryant on twitter. #sayhername

She's black, therefore the cops are racist.

I know the hardened BLMers think like that but I think most people, black or otherwise would accept there’s a time and a place for lethal force and that was definitely one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Taser can be ineffective.

It didn't stop this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6h_7dUKZL4 - Dramatic Video Show Chicago Police Fatally Shoot Man Who Stabbed Officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7dD6MNZCQ0 - UK police taser man x2 with no effect.

In my view there was a clear and immediate threat to life, and the officer involved in shooting took the necessary action for the preservation of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Imminent threat to life. Lethal force is the correct response.

I guess that's another funeral Biden will have to go to this week. Fair play to him he's like a real irish politician

Whatever happened here or however her death will be used politically now; it's absolutely tragic that a 15 year old is shot dead.

Tragic but also tragically stupid. Call the cops then commence attacking folks on the footpath with a knife in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Genuinely amazes me that there are people out protesting about this after seeing the video. Sad situation but necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think her dad was the lovely individual who kicked the first girl in the head. Nice family. I wonder will the girl in pink come out and speak in favour of the policeman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Police officer saved a life there. She was swinging around that knife at head and neck height like she meant business.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What we needed was a good black guy with a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

biko wrote: »
    Why didn't they just shoot the knife out of her hand?

Yes shoot to injury why to kill as first option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Racist police at it again in US, shooting dead a 15 year old BLACK girl - https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/news/nationworld/reports-police-shoot-kill-teenage-girl-in-columbus/amp/

She was only trying to stab someone with a large knife. God the US police are so racist -
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1384667861642358785

#JusticeForMakiyahBryant

Edit: Her Aunt speaking here -
    https://mobile.twitter.com/colheartsu/status/1384671550851452934

She was only trying to stab someone. What is the US becoming when the police can't just mind their own business and stop being so racist.

I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious.

Regardless, she was trying to stab another person which could have resulted in that persons death. Nothing racist here.

Same thing happened to the crazy Florida woman who stabbed a cop - see below. And she's white.

t_80d77669f3b34a9b80a0d950cbfe1e8f_name_Lady_with_knife.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The media take

image.jpgimage.jpg

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down
    Text now changed.
    According to Bryant, who said she had been told of the events by Makiyah’s grandmother and father, Makiyah was in front of the house fending off a physical assault when police arrived. Police shot her four times without any warning, she said.
    Hot take by local activist
    Local Columbus activist K.C. Taynor of Exodus Nation told The Daily Beast the latest police killing made it impossible to celebrate the Chauvin verdict.
    “It’s another murder,” he said. “They’re animals. They treat us like animals.”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes shoot to injury why to kill as first option

Not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, they're not trained to shoot to kill. They're trained to shoot at the largest part of the body in order to incapacitate, just happens that sometimes death is the result of that incapacitation. Reason: If you don't incapacitate them, they could cause further harm to people/property around them.

Does anyone have a link to the video that's not behind a geo-wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

biko wrote: »

That picture tells a whole different story.

Not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, they're not trained to shoot to kill. They're trained to shoot at the largest part of the body in order to incapacitate, just happens that sometimes death is the result of that incapacitation. Reason: If you don't incapacitate them, they could cause further harm to people/property around them.

Does anyone have a link to the video that's not behind a geo-wall?

https://t.co/uON9H4DyRH Hope that’s not geo’d

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sound. Seems justified to me. Girl in pink would possibly have died from stab wounds if she wasn't stopped. I'll still reserve final judgement in case of further facts coming out (not jumping to conclusions like the 13yr old one), but I can't see anything wrong with that on initial viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

https://t.co/uON9H4DyRH Hope that’s not geo’d
    This sadly will become a case study video. Really not sure how it might have been dealt with differently as there is a whole lot going on there.

See it's all over-policing.
    Cops respond to a call. Out from the crowd comes a girl getting the **** kicked out of her by a man. Then a girl tries to stab another girl.

Over-policing. Simple solution is to just not answer the calls any more. Let them do what they want.

Awwww. Someone's butt-hurt over the Chauvin decision and wants to let off some steam. You go right ahead kid. Howl into that void.

What? The Chauvin decision was correct in my view so you couldn't be more wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The cops need to just go on strike en masse in the states. Let's see how the virtue signalling middle and upper classes like it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭conorhal

That picture tells a whole different story.

The media has literally become the enemy of the people. They are devoid of any journalistic or editorial standards and deliberately stoke racial tension by perpetrating narratives devoid of fact, all for their own political agendas. It’s no wonder that public trust in the media is at an all time low.

Advertisement