Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dickie10 wrote: »
    i presume these would be full capacity without masks and all that? i just fear were going to have 25 % capacity on venues for a few years, jesus will we ever get out of this ? it all seems so far away, like were in april 2021 and its so hard to think life will be normal come 9 months time.

At WrestleMania in the states last night it was just over half capacity in the stadium with most people wearing masks at all times. At this point I'd accept those conditions now

Cashless systems in places might also become a thing. Personally prefer using cash myself but not the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

175471446_10159438562899548_8896267656317193168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=al3XltzPLw4AX-knPUt&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=349ff7dfc80be1f2ef8f32b03f758a8e&oe=60A44010

175471446_10159438562899548_8896267656317193168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=al3XltzPLw4AX-knPUt&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=349ff7dfc80be1f2ef8f32b03f758a8e&oe=60A44010

Jesus there still going. They had a film out a few years back and by christ it was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Status Quo announce the ‘Out Out Quoing’ tour 2022 for Belfast & Dublin.

Legendary rockers STATUS QUO are coming back to reclaim their position on the live circuit – with a brand-new tour.

The ‘Out Out Quoing’ Spring Tour in 2022 will stop off at The Waterfront Hall on 27th February and The Olympia Theatre on 28th February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i heard on radio the other day an ad for some sort of festival in October? surely hard to see it going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

i heard on radio the other day an ad for some sort of festival in October? surely hard to see it going ahead?

Why? What can we do after everyone is vaxxed? We have to get on with it.

The Nal wrote: »
    Why? What can we do after everyone is vaxxed? We have to get on with it.

Exactly I always thought the reason to get the vaccine was so we can go back to normality again, So if we have at least 80% or more fully vaccinated surely we can enjoy life again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yea i know but just seems very soon for like of a festival, i hear a lot of talk coming out of government and NYPHET about 2022 and SOME aspects of normality, it dosent sound promising

yea i know but just seems very soon for like of a festival, i hear a lot of talk coming out of government and NYPHET about 2022 and SOME aspects of normality, it dosent sound promising

After everyone is vaxxed in the summer, whats the difference between summer 2021 and summer 2022?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭mrk75

After everyone is vaxxed in the summer, whats the difference between summer 2021 and summer 2022?

I suppose while the whole programme is up in the air in terms of delivery of vaccines and it isn't possible to say with certainty that a critical mass will be vaccinated by a certain date, it must be hard to plan ahead in the way that is required e.g. hiring staff, getting infrastructure in place, sponsorship, the logistics of acts travelling in from outside the country....?

mrk75 wrote: »
    I suppose while the whole programme is up in the air in terms of delivery of vaccines and it isn't possible to say with certainty that a critical mass will be vaccinated by a certain date, it must be hard to plan ahead in the way that is required e.g. hiring staff, getting infrastructure in place, sponsorship, the logistics of acts travelling in from outside the country....?

Yeah and they obviously need to be able to plan ahead but certainly no issues why we can't see Irish and UK bands if we meet the vax goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not to be bearer of bad news but see in UK that promoters are way that festival could be pulled at short notice and without any government backed insurance scheme is very risky. Maybe by Autumn say, things might be a bit clearer and certain though.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/20/covid-festival-cancellations-dampen-great-british-summer-hopes

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not to be bearer of bad news but see in UK that promoters are way that festival could be pulled at short notice and without any government backed insurance scheme is very risky. Maybe by Autumn say, things might be a bit clearer and certain though.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/20/covid-festival-cancellations-dampen-great-british-summer-hopes

Seems crazy to me that the UK gov haven't thrown some money in the pot there. I mean, if they're as confident as they say they are with the vax rollout then they'll never have to pay out.

No confident enough to put their money where their mouth is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, the continued reluctance to back up the positive Summer vibes with some form of indemnity scheme tells it's own story. Bad news for all of us.

Seems crazy to me that the UK gov haven't thrown some money in the pot there. I mean, if they're as confident as they say they are with the vax rollout then they'll never have to pay out.

No confident enough to put their money where their mouth is.

Guess cost would be very high so even if chance is slim its still a gamble. But not sure why government are talking up a summer when of festivals when insurance is one of the biggest logistical hurdles and in their control.

Guess cost would be very high so even if chance is slim its still a gamble. But not sure why government are talking up a summer when of festivals when insurance is one of the biggest logistical hurdles and in their control.

Its the main hurdle really. Set up, get the bands and all the vendors and the police and medical etc and then a week before we go into lockdown again. Would bankrupt most festivals.

Think it will be one off shows either in Arenas or outdoor that will hopefully kick things off again sooner rather than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

The night before Ozzy gig :/.

In years gone by I’d have jumped at two sessions in a row. I need a week at least between gigs now :D

Royal Blood have announced a UK Arena tour for March 2022, hopefully they add a 3Arena show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Royal Blood have announced a UK Arena tour for March 2022, hopefully they add a 3Arena show

Just listened to a couple of songs off the new album yesterday. Sounded great.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just listened to a couple of songs off the new album yesterday. Sounded great.

Yea I'm loving the new stuff, it's definitely different to the other albums but they have a great disco/dance vibe which will sound great live.

E0DldqzWUAIkb0b?format=jpg&name=medium

Still no confirmation that its back in the RDS or not? But surely the fact they say tickets are valid for the new date must mean its still in the RDS

EDIT: Ticketmaster have it as the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Metronomy playing Olympia next year

A Lazarus Soul play Button Factory next February https://twitter.com/alazarussoul/status/1387678068165185536?s=19

Dropkick Murphys playing the 3Arena Feb 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dropkick Murphys playing the 3Arena Feb 18th

That's a huge venue for them. I know they played there before supporting the Pogues, but it's some step up from the Ambassador/Academy/Vicar St considering the new album and last couple aren't exactly best sellers.

The Interrupers supporting are an interesting choice.

That's a huge venue for them. I know they played there before supporting the Pogues, but it's some step up from the Ambassador/Academy/Vicar St considering the new album and last couple aren't exactly best sellers.

The Interrupers supporting are an interesting choice.

Yea bit of a surprise they are doing Arenas but ill be picking up a ticket either way, havent seen them in about 10 years ago in the Olympia (which was unreal) so id say it will be a good gig plus its on a Friday which may help sales a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

Interrupters are fantastic live.

Presale on now:
    Belfast
    £40

Dublin
    €47.95

Code: DKM2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, the continued reluctance to back up the positive Summer vibes with some form of indemnity scheme tells it's own story. Bad news for all of us.
    Its the main hurdle really. Set up, get the bands and all the vendors and the police and medical etc and then a week before we go into lockdown again. Would bankrupt most festivals.
    The solution they've implemented, either by mistake or intentionally, is the (unknown %)grants (Perf Grants Covid) they've offered promoters to cover most costs. But of course, the promoter would need an incentive, more than just breaking even, to put on a show, so costs alone are not enough (and possibly its only a PERCENTAGE of costs) . They would need a profit (especially if only receiving a % of costs) of some kind, hence the govt WILL HAVE TO ALLOW SHOWS THIS SUMMER, but with a % of capacity.

For those who say "wow, free money to the promoter, think of it this way. While all other similar industries, very much including VENUE OWNERS, received different overhead financial supports (i.e expenses or benefits eg, no rates or whatever it may be(ie, other than the wages subsidies) self employed or freelance promoters, musicians, tech folk, dancers, actors, performance arts in general, received NOTHING, other than the wage subsides or PUP. Specific projects here and there may have, but not the industry as a whole.

ETA: I'm making it a comparison to other self employed folks, in different businesses, like retail or, well everything not art) which due to their nature, happen to be in one place (are paying rates to qualify) who are receiving aid, because they are seen as "real businesses," not like those layabout arty types.

Advertisement