Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I buy a Skytrack?

• 20-04-2021 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

This year I was going to spoil myself with new clubs and trolley but mate says if really want to improve my game then a golf launch monitor is the way to go. Looked at some of the cheaper LCD display ones showing few basic metrics but after reading pile of reviews and few youtube videos I have my mind set on a skytrak monitor. Problem is near every website I have gone to has it out of stock. Any one know of any store, online or off, that might have one?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

This year I was going to spoil myself with new clubs and trolley but mate says if really want to improve my game then a golf launch monitor is the way to go. Looked at some of the cheaper LCD display ones showing few basic metrics but after reading pile of reviews and few youtube videos I have my mind set on a skytrak monitor. Problem is near every website I have gone to has it out of stock. Any one know of any store, online or off, that might have one?
    Thanks

4 month waiting list almost everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

:( Same story with the Mevo+ I'm assuming?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Thanks

I bought one and got it after a two month wait and it’s been great. Kept me sane! Make sure you have the space first and Be prepared for the cost of the full set up. See the thread on home simulators.

I bought from simulated sports in Tallaght. I think golfgraffix the poster here may also sell them? I tried to buy from American golf In the UK but they Let me down and were useless to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

:( Same story with the Mevo+ I'm assuming?

8 weeks delivery for the Mevo plus

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

It's in stock in a few places in Europe but you are paying a premium

https://golfandgreens.eu/en/skytrak/81-skytrak-launch-monitor.html

I bought a Mevo+ from the US via addresspal and got it within 3 weeks....luck of the draw I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Bloc

I ordered a mevo+ last week from Mia sports, paid the VAT on it this morning so I'm expecting delivery of it at some stage today. 8 days is all it took.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Bloc wrote: »
    I ordered a mevo+ last week from Mia sports, paid the VAT on it this morning so I'm expecting delivery of it at some stage today. 8 days is all it took.
    How much was it all-in?

dazzday wrote: »
    How much was it all-in?

Hoping my wife isn't on this forum!! £1645 (1947euro) plus 453 euro VAT so 2400euro all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Thanks

I see a Skytrak advertised on donedeal. It's above the new price but if includes the case and the licenses it might be worth considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Bloc wrote: »

Brilliant! They must still have stock... lucky you.

Just rang a crowd in UK and they tell me they have the Mevo+ in stock. Skytraks not be in stock till Jul at earliest he says. So Mevo+ is now looking like a good alternative. It seems to be much of a muchness between it and Skytrak. So from watching videos of it online I cant figure out what else software wise do you need. When you have the mevo plus device in your hand what else do you need to buy to get looking at a golf shot on a PC? I have my driving net, mat and PC. Do I need to purchase additional software?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Just rang a crowd in UK and they tell me they have the Mevo+ in stock. Skytraks not be in stock till Jul at earliest he says. So Mevo+ is now looking like a good alternative. It seems to be much of a muchness between it and Skytrak. So from watching videos of it online I cant figure out what else software wise do you need. When you have the mevo plus device in your hand what else do you need to buy to get looking at a golf shot on a PC? I have my driving net, mat and PC. Do I need to purchase additional software?

Yes definitely the 2 systems are very comparable. I got a Skytrak last year, the main clinching factor for me was I was setting up in my garage & didn't have the space to put the mevo+ far enough behind me with a long enough ball flight distance to the screen for the mevo+ to read the shot - no such problem with the skytrak.

Sorry as I've the skytak can't help on the setup - with skytrak, as little as an Iphone will get you seeing shots etc, I think Mevo+ is the same???

In terms of on the PC I don't think you need additional software - that only comes in if you plan on playing actual golf on the PC - which I have done, Just finished a 2 round tournament at TPC Louisana on Sunday!!!

Yes the mevo+ is great I had the same dilemma over which to go with but I had the space so went with mevo+. Not disappointed so far, it's class, their is a serious amount of data from it. Ball striking has seriously improved. Didn't miss a fairway and only missed one green in regulation yesterday for 9 holes after using it and being away from the course for so long.
    In terms of software my setup is iPad which I bought to get the 5 course free on e6 connect (32gb one is fine) you could just use an iPhone or Android phone/tablet with the mevo+ as well.
    For me the free stuff that comes with mevo+ is what put it out in front of skytrak. The FS golf and FS skills app are great and are currently just apps from the play store but I understand they are doing a pc version for later this year.
    If you are wanting to play against others online using the simulator software such as e6 or TGC then you would have to purchase that software additionally e6 is 300 annually for 25 courses I think. E6 works perfectly on an iPad but TGC is a bit heavier in the graphics that needs a decent pc as far as I understand.
    So you don't really need much to get started phone, tablet or ipad. There's enough free software to keep you busy for months I think.

There are also display options for connecting iPads and tablets to wide-screen TVs by casting or cable connections which is probably the route I'll go down after a while.

So doesn't look like there is any out of the box software you can run on PC just to get a feel for it. I have a galaxy phone which won't even pick up the wifi from the mevo plus so that leaves me having to get a compatible android phone , else an iPhone. PC can connect fine to the mevo so the connectivity issue is defo with my samsung phone. Think I will get subscription for E6 but first I need them to confirm that if I change my laptop (Which I intend doing some time soon ) that the registration code I get with E6 doesnt lock me to my old laptop. I would assume it won't but don't want to find that out the hard way as there is no refunds once that software is activated.

So doesn't look like there is any out of the box software you can run on PC just to get a feel for it. I have a galaxy phone which won't even pick up the wifi from the mevo plus so that leaves me having to get a compatible android phone , else an iPhone. PC can connect fine to the mevo so the connectivity issue is defo with my samsung phone. Think I will get subscription for E6 but first I need them to confirm that if I change my laptop (Which I intend doing some time soon ) that the registration code I get with E6 doesnt lock me to my old laptop. I would assume it won't but don't want to find that out the hard way as there is no refunds once that software is activated.
    To get a feel for it you could download demos of creative golf and awesome golf. Creative golf seems more realistic and has a lot of Irish courses on it, think the demo is just one course. Awesome golf looks a bit more cartoonish and might be good for kids. I've heard the playability on awesome is very good but there's no putting ( putting is crap on simulators anyway!!) If you did get e6 you can easily transfer it to another device as well.

Advertisement