Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share your printer(s)

• 30-03-2021 11:11pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought it might be interesting to compare printers. These are mine:

548731.jpg

Left is a Creality CR-6SE; right is my FLSUN Q5. The Creality is what I use for engineered parts that I need dimensional accuracy for - basically, parts that will be assembled. The Q5 is faster but just not accurate enough for those sorts of prints.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Here's my Ender 3 Pro in Lack enclosure. Done a few printed mods, Octopi and changed the main board to a SKR MINI E3 V2. Notable difference in noise but plan to tackle the fans at some stage.

ender3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've got a Wanhao D-9 that is criminally underused at present.
    A favour for another boards member in the last week is the 1st time I've used it in 9 months.
    Hopefully it will see more use in the coming months.

I'll share a pic later, but as an aside.
    It's nice to see this forum finally get the nod and get up and running.
    Hello everyone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hi!
    I've an Ender 3 pro and Octopi that I knocked together a (very bockety) enclosure for . Will pop up a picture later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Dingatron wrote: »
    Here's my Ender 3 Pro in Lack enclosure. Done a few printed mods, Octopi and changed the main board to a SKR MINI E3 V2. Notable difference in noise but plan to tackle the fans at some stage.

Where did you source the Plexiglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Where did you source the Plexiglas?

I got it from https://365plastics.ie/ and they pre-cut so no faffing around and very reasonable price, cheaper than anywhere else.

https://365plastics.ie/acrylic-sheets-perspex-sheets.html?acrylic_sheet_colour=5494&acrylic_sheet_size=5490&acrylic_sheet_thickness=5500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Ender 3 Pro, Anycubic Kossel Plus, Anycubic Photon (resin) and a very rarely used Mendel90 from back when you updated your Z height offset by re-flashing the firmware!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭manofthefora

I have a humble Ender 3 Pro with OCTOPI.
    Only mod is a glass bedplate plus some stronger leveling springs. Use only PLA filamint.
    Bedplate: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MR8HYXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Have ongoing bed adhesion issues. Have to use a brim to get anything to stick. The work area stinks of hair spray.
    Thinking of going back to the magnetic thingy that came with the printer.
    But the glass plate is stuck!! Work in progress!
    Not a happy punter at the minute.
    MOTF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Have you tried lemon juice for the glass plate?
    Works well with PLA, first use the lemon juice to clean the bed then leave a little on the bed just before you heat the bed, gives good adhesion then when you let the bed cool and the temp drops below about 35 degrees the part often pops off by itself.
    Plastic jiff lemon works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

First printer set up and first practical print, a filament clip - I don't think it is the right one though filament fairly tight (did something called Hatchbox my spool is 1kg ERYONE)

549560.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Ender 5 pro (Bltouch added)
    Prusa Mini + (with filament sensor. Love this printer)
    Monoprice Select V1 (not used at all really must sell it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wanhao DO with MK2 upgrade.
    In my "printer" cubby, quite a large print volume at 400mm³ and despite owning it for 2yrs I'm only recently starting to use it again after over a year of it lying idle.

MVIMG-20210413-120035.jpg
    00000-IMG-00000-BURST20210413120026204-COVER.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Using an Ender 3 with an ipgraded Meanwell Power supply and enclosure i found on thingiverse, so its kind of like a DIY Ender 3 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Have a Creality Cr 6 SE on the way.

Have two Intamsys industrial FDM printers in work. The Pro 410 and the HT. Both capable of printing the high end thermoplastics like PEEK, PEI etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

said in the thread in bargain alerts i'd post some pics here, will get to it, but my printer humming away today (printing full set of socket, spanners and all other tool holders for my toolchest drawers. )

Heavily modded ender 3 pro, SKR Mini E3 V2 main board, E3D Hemera extruder/V6 HE, upgraded to dual drive Z axis, (seperate motors on each side).

yeah, i need to cut the new thread bar to height, and i need to design a stand for the power supply (doesn't mount to the frame anymore as the second motor is there now). but apart from that this is pretty muchas far as i will take it. until i buy the XL kit and increase the bed size :) i have a BL touch, but have never had an issue with bed levelling so never bothered attaching it

SXcuPA0l.jpg

b18vzx0l.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

and my full intention in going to the hemera were

1) print faster - unless there is tight angles or circles for which i run slower, i can run at 100+ and it prints just fine
    2) flexibles and try ABS .went to 3djake site the other evening to order flexible and abs, bought 4 rolls of pla and forgot to get the ABS and flexible. get too distracted when i go to that site

Advertisement