Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail Runner missing in Comeraghs

• 19-04-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Can’t help thinking about that poor woman ( and her family ) heading into her 2nd night in the Comeraghs. Hoping she’ll be found soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Body found a while ago unfortunately. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

JohnDozer wrote: »

Just saw that update about that poor woman. RIP.
    Got lost with another couple of A/R boardsies on that loop before in a thick fog. Scary cliff drops. Thoughts with her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

JohnDozer wrote: »

Her poor family was hoping for a different outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

So tragic, awful news. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

So so sad and shows how easily it can happen. Thought about this a lot this evening. Lessons there for us all I imagine. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Named as 37yo Gillian Ryan, I didnt know her personally but I would have known her to see at local races. She ran withThurles Crokes which is a local (to me) running club.
    Very tragic news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

RIP, a tragic time for the family.

The place where the body was found (as per South East Mountain Rescue) would be perilous at the best of times never mind in bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Cona44

RIP, terrible news to hear.
    I do quite a bit of trail running myself and this has certainly given me a wake up call...

Advertisement