Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Mildred22 wrote: »
    I have my first appointment in holles street tomorrow, can any one tell me what to expect and about how long it will all take? I’m in first thing so hoping I’m not waiting around to long? Anything I need to bring or anything? Thanks

i think things are different these days because of Covid but i waited a long time to be seen at appointments so i recommend bringing something to read! if you were sent paperwork in advance bring that - though i think i heard most of that is being covered on a phone call these days. When i was there for my first appointment they gave me a pack of information booklets etc in a really big folder (just above A4 size) that had wording on it clearly about new mother and pregnancy. If you haven't told everyone yet bring a bag big enough to hide that in!

if you have any specific questions bring them written out - it all goes so quickly that it's good to have them right there if needed! Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

Thanks, a lot of the booking history was done over the phone last week I think that cuts the time a good bit.. but I have heard about the wait times being up to 2 hours 😅. Sort of hoping that cause Im in first thing I’m seen to quickly.. but that’s just me hoping!
    buffin wrote: »
    i think things are different these days because of Covid but i waited a long time to be seen at appointments so i recommend bringing something to read! if you were sent paperwork in advance bring that - though i think i heard most of that is being covered on a phone call these days. When i was there for my first appointment they gave me a pack of information booklets etc in a really big folder (just above A4 size) that had wording on it clearly about new mother and pregnancy. If you haven't told everyone yet bring a bag big enough to hide that in!

if you have any specific questions bring them written out - it all goes so quickly that it's good to have them right there if needed! Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Thanks, a lot of the booking history was done over the phone last week I think that cuts the time a good bit.. but I have heard about the wait times being up to 2 hours 😅. Sort of hoping that cause Im in first thing I’m seen to quickly.. but that’s just me hoping!

If its anything like the coombe it could be two hours. :-) My consultant apps are always first thing but thing the quickest in and out on my daughter was an hour and a half so dont make any time reliant plans for that morn,

On this baby, had my booking app and first scan on the same morn and was there over 2 hours.

All went well have been signed off to a satellite clinic in Dun laoghaire which is great. Got a little scan done, just waiting for blood test now seems to be a never ending q that I keep getting to the top of and then end up being called by someone else! Due date the 29th of October!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

All went well have been signed off to a satellite clinic in Dun laoghaire which is great. Got a little scan done, just waiting for blood test now seems to be a never ending q that I keep getting to the top of and then end up being called by someone else! Due date the 29th of October!

Hi, that's brilliant you got your scan. Did you get a folder ? I never got one ! Congrats, its such a relief isn't it having the scan.

• Advertisement

I got a massive book with everything in it, I think everything else is done electronic. The scan was quick but it was a nice reassurance!
    Denise2007 wrote: »
    Hi, that's brilliant you got your scan. Did you get a folder ? I never got one ! Congrats, its such a relief isn't it having the scan.

I got a massive book with everything in it, I think everything else is done electronic. The scan was quick but it was a nice reassurance!

I will be looking for my book at my 16th week scan !!!

It’s huge! Better get to reading! A lot to learn!
    I will be looking for my book at my 16th week scan !!!

I’m in the Dun Laoghaire clinic and if it’s the same scheme as I’m on they’ve just moved location to Blackrock in the Medical Centre in the Frascati Centre. It’s trickier for me to get to but means I have an excuse to go to M&S food shopping so I’m enjoying it!

I only had one appointment so far but it was great. An actual appointment one to one with a single person at an exact time. She did bloods, urine, Doppler etc to hear baby and a proper chat about how I was doing. All in I was there 45 mins but that was to go through all my booking info too. I found it a million times better than the general Holles St clinic. Both had great staff but this was just better organised and more personal care. Hope you’re in the same place now after me saying all that!!

I got a phone call to make the appointment on Wednesday and she seemed to say it was beside michaels hospital? So I’m not sure, ye tbh I was very happy as nice as everyone was in holles street just it was very busy and with covid and the waiting around etc made me pretty nervous so I was happy when she said I can just go with the mid wife now! :-), maybe they will change to blackrock closer the time... although pregnant me is banned from marks and Spencer’s due to excess Percy pigs Colin the catapiler and many other sweet treats 😂 I have to send someone else to get me one or two of things as a treat!!

buffin wrote: »
    I’m in the Dun Laoghaire clinic
    and if it’s the same scheme as I’m on they’ve just moved location to Blackrock in the Medical Centre in the Frascati Centre. It’s trickier for me to get to but means I have an excuse to go to M&S food shopping so I’m enjoying it!

I only had one appointment so far but it was great. An actual appointment one to one with a single person at an exact time. She did bloods, urine, Doppler etc to hear baby and a proper chat about how I was doing. All in I was there 45 mins but that was to go through all my booking info too. I found it a million times better than the general Holles St clinic. Both had great staff but this was just better organised and more personal care. Hope you’re in the same place now after me saying all that!!

• Advertisement

Hi guys how is everyone feeling? I’m 14 weeks on Friday and feeling not so pregnant havnt been sick or in any way nauseous in a week and I think tiredness is gone! Welcome to the second tri :-)! I’m hoping to go for a private gender can in 3.5weeks! I’m counting the days to it! I can’t wait to find out! Any body else?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Hi guys how is everyone feeling? I’m 14 weeks on Friday and feeling not so pregnant havnt been sick or in any way nauseous in a week and I think tiredness is gone! Welcome to the second tri :-)! I’m hoping to go for a private gender can in 3.5weeks! I’m counting the days to it! I can’t wait to find out! Any body else?

Hi
    Im 14 weeks on Friday too - although baby was measuring 5 days ahead at dating scan! All my nausea is gone as well thank god. Only symptoms I have now are a lot of pulling and tugging and stretching! I've no scans now until my 20 week on 10th June, feels like years away

I was measuring 2/3 days ahead at my last scan to, I’m going to book a private scan at 17 weeks to find out gender as my 20week scan isn’t til June 13th which seems like so far away :-)! I discovered my Heath insurance gives me money back for private scans so self worth it for extra scans in the early days! Where are you going for baby? Is it your first?
    Hi
    Im 14 weeks on Friday too - although baby was measuring 5 days ahead at dating scan! All my nausea is gone as well thank god. Only symptoms I have now are a lot of pulling and tugging and stretching! I've no scans now until my 20 week on 10th June, feels like years away

i'm so jealous hearing that your sickness is all gone! i'm worse than ever and just had to go get medication to help. i was the same on my last pregnancy. Didn't start feeling better til about 25 weeks, which is so far away.

Have my 20 week scan the 1st of June which at least is something to look forward to!

Hi

Hi I am the exact same ! I have a bit more energy and nausea is nearly gone. Am experiencing pulling and stretching too. Am 20 weeks on the 9th June but scan not until the 15th June.

We haven't told anyone and waiting until we have the 20th week scan. We've had a couple of losses so want to keep it to ourselves for awhile.

I have the most awful cold/ hay fever I’m absolutely smothered with a runny nose and itchy eye! Dr said no to antihistamine as well as chemist I got a salt water rinse and drinking lemon and honey but any one any other tips please? I feel perfectly fine other then the constant nose run and swelling eyes! Thanks

How’s everyone doing? We did a gender scan last week and found out we were having a little girl!! We went to a private clinic as I hadn’t had a scan since a 12weeks and my 20week isn’t till I’m nearly 22weeks was getting anxious! But it was amazing the place was so nice and we got a heap of photos and videos sent to our phone after!
    Hope everyone else is doing good. X

How’s everyone doing? We did a gender scan last week and found out we were having a little girl!! We went to a private clinic as I hadn’t had a scan since a 12weeks and my 20week isn’t till I’m nearly 22weeks was getting anxious! But it was amazing the place was so nice and we got a heap of photos and videos sent to our phone after!
    Hope everyone else is doing good. X

Hey, thats brilliant news. We did the same a few weeks ago as I was dying to know. We having a little boy, have a 2-1/2 year old girl aswel so both delighted and completely not expecting it to be a boy.
    Have the big scan on wed so will be 21 weeks then, only starting to feel kicks the last week as my placenta is at the front so cant feel as much. So delighted now to be feeling some movement.

Has anyone here heard anything bout getting the covid vaccine?

I’ve had my first dose of the vaccine, I got it at 16weeks! I emailed holles street when they announced it and said I was keen to get it and got an appointment for the next day was great!

Aww that’s amazing congrats on a little boy! My first so no kicks yet but after last week it feels sooo real now!!

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hey, thats brilliant news. We did the same a few weeks ago as I was dying to know. We having a little boy, have a 2-1/2 year old girl aswel so both delighted and completely not expecting it to be a boy.
    Have the big scan on wed so will be 21 weeks then, only starting to feel kicks the last week as my placenta is at the front so cant feel as much. So delighted now to be feeling some movement.

Has anyone here heard anything bout getting the covid vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gupta

I'm 17 weeks, I got my vaccine today. My hospital contacted me on Thursday to ask if I wanted it, vaccination Centre called me Friday and booked me in for today, very efficient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

I'm 20 weeks now, have my anomaly scan on Wednesday, it will be a relief to get that over with and hopefully all will be okay!

When I called the hospital last week to enquire about the scan they said its usually done at 23 weeks now so I wasn't expecting it for awhile but got the letter with the appointment for this week a couple days later.

Haven't felt any kicks yet, I'm also having my first, it will be reassuring when they start!

I’m really looking forward to feeling kicks 🀞🻠Really hoping it’s soon it’s such a reassurance I feel!
    Kerry25x wrote: »
    I'm 20 weeks now, have my anomaly scan on Wednesday, it will be a relief to get that over with and hopefully all will be okay!

When I called the hospital last week to enquire about the scan they said its usually done at 23 weeks now so I wasn't expecting it for awhile but got the letter with the appointment for this week a couple days later.

Haven't felt any kicks yet, I'm also having my first, it will be reassuring when they start!

I’m really looking forward to feeling kicks ��🻠Really hoping it’s soon it’s such a reassurance I feel!

Definitely, some days I really wonder if there's anything going on in there at all! Feels like such a long time since my 12 week scan too. My only reassurance right now is my growing belly.

Morning ! How did everyone feel after having the vaccine? My husband got it on Friday and feels OK just very tired. Am going to wait until after my 20 week scan.

Morning ! How did everyone feel after having the vaccine? My husband got it on Friday and feels OK just very tired. Am going to wait until after my 20 week scan.

Felt totally fine after both doses. I had Pfizer.

Totally fine, bar a bit of a sore arm. Other then that noting I was prepared with paracetamols but never had to take any. I feel such a relief going around open shops now etc and more things opening up! 🀞ðŸ»

quote="Denise2007;117251860"]Morning ! How did everyone feel after having the vaccine? My husband got it on Friday and feels OK just very tired. Am going to wait until after my 20 week scan.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gupta

Absolutely fine after it, slightly sore arm but that's it, didn't need paracetamol at all.

Thanks so much for that. Will be 18 weeks on Wednesday. Am considering just ringing and getting it done. Have thought long and hard and think it's too risky not to get it.

Got my txt yesterday about the vaccine. Will be getting it in citywest next wednesday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Mary851

To those of you who have gotten the vaccine, how long from when you registered until you got a call? I registered last week with Holles St via email and anxious to get it before I chicken out of it.

Advertisement