Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

• 19-04-2021 4:50am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The hamsters get annoyed when we get to 10,000 posts, that's my TA

Mod:

Hi gang,

Please note it would not be a wise course of action for us to start commenting on others TAs as TA.

It discourages contribution and makes a very enjoyable thread adversarial.

As I have said before in a mod note on this thread, each person's TA is their own. I would hate to see posters discussing others for posting in this thread: intentionally or otherwise. It will kill the thread in the long run.

Old thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069804
    Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Typo Grem :)

Woke up too early and am starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

TA that this thread doesn’t have a new name! It’s the new Super League of TAs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

All the typing and editing has brought on a bout of tendonitis in my right wrist and elbow, sore af!
    Ta, I still have about a million words to type and edit before Sunday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got a cracked windscreen while driving my dad to a hospital appointment today, from a truck flicking a stone up.
    While i was sitting there quietly annoyed, he kept saying "its a chip" like in the ad with the Nordy bloke and thinking it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When I've to open or close the blinds I always pull them the wrong way first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ordered a new phone, and it's due to arrive today.

Got a text this morning telling me it's on its way. It's nearly 2pm and still hasn't came. I'm leaving for work at about 2.20pm, and I just know for a fact the postie is gonna get to my house, like, 10 minutes after I've gone, just to slip a "you weren't home" notice through the door.

What I hate is Amazon's preset options when you want to give them alternative delivery instructions. You can't write your own. You HAVE to pick an option;

None
    Enclosed Front Porch
    Rear Porch
    Garage
    Greenhouse
    Shed
    Building Receptionist / Caretaker
    Mailroom or Property Staff

What kind of fancy house do you think I live in???

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Archeron wrote: »
    Got a cracked windscreen while driving my dad to a hospital appointment today, from a truck flicking a stone up.
    While i was sitting there quietly annoyed, he kept saying "its a chip" like in the ad with the Nordy bloke and thinking it was hilarious.

The daughter in that ad is thicc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Regretting not applying for a role I saw advertised after putting up with some more BS from work today

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm watched the last episodes of Criminal Minds!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm watched the last episodes of Criminal Minds!

Haven't watched in a good while, was it worth it?.

• Advertisement

Haven't watched in a good while, was it worth it?.

Overall I was happy enough with it.
    Certain character had their annoying quirks tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People who post pictures of their little angles (toddlers) covered in food and thinking it's cute or something. It's not. It's horrible. I don't want to see your food covered smell machine. It's disgusting. Don't understand it at all. Nobody wants to see my with my beard covered in spaghetti and tomato sauce, the same applies to your kids! Up there with people who post naked picture of their angles.

People can be fierce strange. That's my TA ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a dental appointment this morning, scheduled, to just check a recent implant but having got the implant in just a few weeks ago I ended up in a car accident over the weekend... my head / face didn’t impact anything but I was jolted forward and there has been minor pain / discomfort around the implant site... all be it slightly getting less painful.. which is hopefully a good sign..

If I need the dentist to start the surgery again to correct a problem I’ll not be amused.

The accident was caused by a ‘professional’ driver in the lane adjacent, who was on his way home but on getting a call from a private customer, attempted to do a quick and careless three point turn in the middle of three lanes of traffic and reversed into our one week old brand new car.

I don’t have patience for people anymore. Too many useless dickheads out there, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA there's a thing on rte news about an Indian train station worker who saved a child who had fallen onto the tracks. Which is great, but no matter how many times I watch the video, it really looks like the adult who was with the child was pretending to try to save him/ her but quite obviously moving further away? Is it just me? :(

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2021/0420/1210959-india-rail-rescue/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA there's a thing on rte news about an Indian train station worker who saved a child who had fallen onto the tracks. Which is great, but no matter how many times I watch the video, it really looks like the adult who was with the child was pretending to try to save him/ her but quite obviously moving further away? Is it just me? :(

It does look very odd, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Great start to Tuesday...my girlfriend who lives with her mother and is asthmatic , wakes up to find the mother gone and subsequently finds she is meeting two other households for coffee, the stupid old aghhhhh. seriously, you live with an asthmatic daughter, using a nebulizer and you are up to this shït, selfish fücking dope.

Strumms wrote: »
    Great start to Tuesday...my girlfriend who lives with her mother and is asthmatic , wakes up to find the mother gone and subsequently finds she is meeting two other households for coffee, the stupid old aghhhhh. seriously, you live with an asthmatic daughter, using a nebulizer and you are up to this shït, selfish fücking dope.

Unbelievable. :( I'd to tell mine last week that if they went ahead with plans to meet relatives then me, OH and their grandchild would be isolating from them for two weeks..OH also asthmatic and I'd explained my concerns about the covid / stillbirth risk. Still resulted in a row. They just thought ah sure we're alright Jack we got our vaccines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There seems to be a lot of requests lately from charities.
    My social media seems to bombarded lately with pleas.
    Sorry, but I'm all donated out.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Currently doing a course for work, and all the slides have Americanised spellings, all z's instead of s's! . The presenter and company are English. Grrr....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When people misuse the word decimated

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Antares35 wrote: »

The mother is partially sighted .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The mother is partially sighted .

Ah. I feel really bad now, didn't realise :( although, it's been updated since I read it so that's probably why. Happy ending at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I got a taxi to my doctor this morning because I was running behind schedule and didn't want to be late for my appointment. I arrived on time but the doctor didn't see me until 40 minutes after my appointment time. I should have known better. Why are so many doctor's offices so poor at time management.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Getting dog **** on a buggy wheel.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Currently doing a course for work, and all the slides have Americanised spellings, all z's instead of s's! . The presenter and company are English. Grrr....

That is the Oxford spelling and is used in English english

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Good fcuking god I miss eating out. Particularly lunch. I'd step over my own mother to be able to go out for lunch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Good fcuking god I miss eating out. Particularly lunch. I'd step over my own mother to be able to go out for lunch tomorrow.

For some reason there's a cafe near my apartment that's fully open. You can sit down at
    a table like normal times. I was there last weekend. The food was disgusting but i can give you the name if you fancy an overpriced horrible lunch :p

TA i forgot to turn the water on for my bedtime shower. It takes 30 minutes heat up and i was aiming for an early night.

When the airbag warning light comes on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That the ignore feature doesn't work on the touch site. I have only 1 person on the site on ignore and had the misfortune to have him posting in a thread that I am currently interested in.
    The reasons why I have him on ignore are still fairly clear 5 years on

Advertisement