Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New tv for series x

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've a c9 hooked up to a pc and a series X. It's an incredible set up for playing games. It's slot of money but I've never regretted for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I've a c9 hooked up to a pc and a series X. It's an incredible set up for playing games. It's slot of money but I've never regretted for a second

It was more than I intended spending but it's a long term investment I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My tv is starting to glitch , it’s the xh90. Kind of feels like I’m lagging during warzone but I know it’s not my internet it’s different. Anyone have any ideas ? It’s set to 120hz on 4k, only noticed it starting to happen last night for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My tv is starting to glitch , it’s the xh90. Kind of feels like I’m lagging during warzone but I know it’s not my internet it’s different. Anyone have any ideas ? It’s set to 120hz on 4k, only noticed it starting to happen last night for some reason

I can't say as I've still yet to get the xbox to go with my xh90 :(

Did you mess with any settings to test? Knock it back to 60Hz, any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Also make sure you are using the right cable. Ie one that came the series x and that it's not damaged.

Was playing with a 4K hdmi splitter with a 1440p monitor. Ori was fine with it, but Forza Horizon 4 was slow, blanked out and in lower resolution.

Also, had a slow Ethernet connection. Cable replaced and fine now.

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    I can't say as I've still yet to get the xbox to go with my xh90 :(

Did you mess with any settings to test? Knock it back to 60Hz, any better?

It’s only started happening 2 nights ago that’s what’s worrying me. I’ll give it a go though cheers

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Also make sure you are using the right cable. Ie one that came the series x and that it's not damaged.

Was playing with a 4K hdmi splitter with a 1440p monitor. Ori was fine with it, but Forza Horizon 4 was slow, blanked out and in lower resolution.

Also, had a slow Ethernet connection. Cable replaced and fine now.

Yes I’m using the hdmi cable that came with it. There’s just so many settings between the tv and Xbox I don’t know what works best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone reckon there will be any discounts on 2020 models soon? Most manufactures have new models out shortly and don't want to buy now only for prices to drop in a few weeks. Also many of the new models seem to have micro-leds are other fancy **** (which I've no idea will improve anything :pac:)

Anyone reckon there will be any discounts on 2020 models soon? Most manufactures have new models out shortly and don't want to buy now only for prices to drop in a few weeks. Also many of the new models seem to have micro-leds are other fancy **** (which I've no idea will improve anything :pac:)

Most have been discounted for the last week or so over here (UK). I know the XH90 was down to £800 (I just checked Currys, £770), LG BX was £999 and even a Pana HZ980 I can see now for £940 (with discount code).

Micro-LEDs will be the next big step but proper implementations for a "normal" price are still a couple of years off if what I've read is to be believed

Will micro LEDs be as good as OLED ?

In other news energy usage labelling is changing in the EU, so that A rated 55 LG OLED will now be G rated. A++ etc being dropped and the scale now includes space for super energy efficient stuff to get the A rating. Also screen size and features such as HDR which is an energy hog being baked into the new system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Reviews and comparisons for the 2021 TVs are starting to appear now. Looks like the LGs are still the ones to beat at the high end.

However, Panasonic are also doing 48" OLED TVs this year. No idea on pricing yet though.

Will micro LEDs be as good as OLED ?

I'm not sure they'll go pixel for pixel with OLED but a few thousand dimming zones and no chance of image retention/burn in will put them well above OLED in a lot of people's eyes.
    In other news energy usage labelling is changing in the EU, so that A rated 55 LG OLED will now be G rated. A++ etc being dropped and the scale now includes space for super energy efficient stuff to get the A rating. Also screen size and features such as HDR which is an energy hog being baked into the new system.

I've seen it with fridges only this week. My 2 month old A++ is now E rated. I can't say I'd ever even look at the rating for a telly, possibly better off too considering mine hits 1300+ nits :P

Series X and OLED TV still more energy efficient than alcoholism and divorce :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Ordered a new TV from Harvey Normans. LG CX48, which also planning to use as a monitor. No Series X yet though.

Has anyone ordered stuff online from them before and know how long it takes to arrive. Item is in stock and in processing for last 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Flaccus wrote: »
    Ordered a new TV from Harvey Normans. LG CX48, which also planning to use as a monitor. No Series X yet though.

Has anyone ordered stuff online from them before and know how long it takes to arrive. Item is in stock and in processing for last 3 days.

I ordered on a Weds and was delivered the following Monday. That was the earliest they had a van coming my way. I did get a call the day after I ordered to tell me this.

mossie wrote: »
    I ordered on a Weds and was delivered the following Monday. That was the earliest they had a van coming my way. I did get a call the day after I ordered to tell me this.

Thanks. They just got back to me. 1-3 days to get click and collect orders ready. And 5-12 days to get online orders ready :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I went for a Samsung Q90T QLED last week for a few reasons.

1) I wanted a 65 inche panel. I have been gaming for 6 years on a 55 inche LG but I really wanted to go up to a 65 inche. When you compare the deals on the Q90T versus the cost of a 65 inche CX OLED from LG, I just couldnt afford over 2200 on the LG.
    2) I have a young family who love to pause Sky, Disney+ and Netflix while they play, sometimes they could pause a show for 1-2 hours. I was not willing to take the risk on an OLED with the risks of burn in.

I have to say, I dont regret my decision. Its a beautiful TV. There are unreal deals at the moment on 55 and 65 Q80T and Q90T QLEDS from Samsung. You can get a Q80T 65 inche for 1200 which is an absolute bargin given you will get a dedicated HDMI 2.1 port for 4K at 120FPS. The Q80T and Q90T are alot of TV for the price at the moment.

Sure... in an ideal world where I was loaded, id have a 75 inche OLED CX or the new C1 but for practicality and cost, for me the QLED was the safer option.

My CX 48 from Harvey Normans arrived last week. Alas still no xbox 360. Working out well as a monitor on the dining room table while wfh. Used the settings from RTings. Really enjoying Netflix and Amazon prime video on it.

I’m still having issues with my xh90, warzone is pure jittery kind of feels like I’m lagging constantly even though it’s wired, Cold War is fine though! Also the built in Netflix app is bad quality even though I have the 4k Netflix sub, it’s very glitchy and can see shadows when watching anything on it. Any ideas ? I’ve messed around with setting etc but nothing changes. Harvey Norman claim it’s my internet!

I’m still having issues with my xh90, warzone is pure jittery kind of feels like I’m lagging constantly even though it’s wired, Cold War is fine though! Also the built in Netflix app is bad quality even though I have the 4k Netflix sub, it’s very glitchy and can see shadows when watching anything on it. Any ideas ? I’ve messed around with setting etc but nothing changes. Harvey Norman claim it’s my internet!

To be honest, it sounds like Game Mode or Low Latency mode is not enabled. Make sure you set it when the game starts just to see if that fixes your issues. I had the same issue with my old LG. Turned out one of my kids had changed the picture mode from Game to Eco and I was lagging all over the place until I set it back to Game.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    To be honest, it sounds like Game Mode or Low Latency mode is not enabled. Make sure you set it when the game starts just to see if that fixes your issues. I had the same issue with my old LG. Turned out one of my kids had changed the picture mode from Game to Eco and I was lagging all over the place until I set it back to Game.

I always play on game mode when gaming. Then on Netflix , there’s a choice of cinema etc or Dolby bright/normal/vivid if the films Dolby vision. Nether of them make a difference. Is it a possibility that the tv is faulty ?

I always play on game mode when gaming. Then on Netflix , there’s a choice of cinema etc or Dolby bright/normal/vivid if the films Dolby vision. Nether of them make a difference. Is it a possibility that the tv is faulty ?

It is doubtful to be honest. If it were me, I would be looking for a firmware update and then also resetting TV back to default settings. Then try again.

I've noticed Warzone graphical glitches a lot the last week or so and that's on a One X and an "old" 60Hz telly that has been fine for years.
    I've yet to get a SX to go with my XH90 but have been using it for Netflix and Now and it has impressed me tbh, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do - it was bought almost exclusively for the (non existent) xbox

I've noticed Warzone graphical glitches a lot the last week or so and that's on a One X and an "old" 60Hz telly that has been fine for years.
    I've yet to get a SX to go with my XH90 but have been using it for Netflix and Now and it has impressed me tbh, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do - it was bought almost exclusively for the (non existent) xbox

Yes maybe it’s just warzone itself because like I said Cold War is fine. But Netflix is really bad tbh a still picture is great quality but as soon as there’s motion there’s shadows all over the place. It’s actually really annoying at this stage

It is doubtful to be honest. If it were me, I would be looking for a firmware update and then also resetting TV back to default settings. Then try again.

I did reset the tv to original settings and the series x also. That made no difference. And as far as I know all the updates have been applied

I did reset the tv to original settings and the series x also. That made no difference. And as far as I know all the updates have been applied

Have you tried other games? It is possible that it is just Warzone that is affected?

Yes maybe it’s just warzone itself because like I said Cold War is fine. But Netflix is really bad tbh a still picture is great quality but as soon as there’s motion there’s shadows all over the place. It’s actually really annoying at this stage

Possibly faulty. I'll have a check on Netflix for similar in a bit. Got any specific examples for me to check?

Have you tried other games? It is possible that it is just Warzone that is affected?

Cold War is fine and just downloaded gta 5 I’ll have a check of that later, should I change the Xbox settings back to 60hz when I’m playing a game that doesn’t support 120 ? Or does it matter cheers

Possibly faulty. I'll have a check on Netflix for similar in a bit. Got any specific examples for me to check?

Cheers man , it’s glitchy no matter what i watch whether it’s hd/ Dolby vision or 4k but I noticed “the irregulars” was the worst I’ve watched yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Techspert

I have used an LG C9 65" OLED for my XBox One X and now my Series X and it looks incredible. It has HDMI2.1 on all four ports, plus eARC port for my Denon home AV. Doom Eternal at 120fps is awesome. The CX is definitely the way to go.
    Watch out for the Sony, it's a great TV, but HDMI 2.1 ports are limited and VRR is not fully implemented and may never be.
    Make sure you don't go for the QLEDs or micro LED TVs, they are not OLED and blooming is noticeable. Some people call them the "fake OLEDs".

Advertisement