Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

barryribs wrote: »
    That finish to the bunnies/tigers game was absolutely INSANE!

Yeah it was, don't like the 2 point conversion though.

Bit of a surprise how bad Titans were against Manly this morning.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

End of Cowboys and Bulldogs was mental as well. :pac:

End of Cowboys and Bulldogs was mental as well. :pac:

Dogs were so close to tying it up with 12 men. Played with a lot more intensity with a man down.

Much better weekend on the whole for competitive games.

Much better weekend on the whole for competitive games.

Well you've gone and jinxed it now. :P

Well you've gone and jinxed it now. :P

Haha, shīt, I have haven't I. Stand by for the thirty point arse kickings again. Talking of which, injury ridden Warriors play Storm next!

• Advertisement

What a first half that was, fantastic length of field try to end it. Titans have actually turned up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

What a first half that was, fantastic length of field try to end it. Titans have actually turned up this week.

Thrilling, I'd normally have a bet on it but with Latrell missing didn't fancy the bunnies in this.

barryribs wrote: »
    Thrilling, I'd normally have a bet on it but with Latrell missing didn't fancy the bunnies in this.

Great comeback 2nd half from Souths, Titans never got going again. Marshall still a very good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

Great comeback 2nd half from Souths, Titans never got going again. Marshall still a very good player.

Sadly missed the second half with work but will catch the highlights later hopefully

I watch the YouTube highlights of pretty much every match this season and I can't think of any other league or sport where there are such skill levels on display. It's absolutely outrageous the level the game is being played at in Australia right now. That one match above could be a season-long highlight compilation for a Union team. Just insane.

• Advertisement

Warriors made hard work of that one second half, but a wins a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Warriors made hard work of that one second half, but a wins a win.

Yeah up to 7th now. Walsh looks like an unbelievable prospect

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Yeah up to 7th now. Walsh looks like an unbelievable prospect

No idea what the Broncos were thinking of. Glad they did balls it up with Walsh though.

Berry looks the business for the Warriors too, exciting to see the young lads do so well. Especially with RTS on his way out.

Couple of blow outs already this weekend. Hopefully this Eels Roosters game will be a close one.

For a team that score so many tries the Titans really do look pretty average most weeks. Even today when they're winning comfortably.

Warriors threw away an 8 point half time lead and then gave Manly too much of a lead second half for them to chase down. Loads of tries but disappointing result.

Dogs currently getting battered by the Dragons.

NRL doing a great job of ruining their "big weekend" with ridiculous sin binnings and sending offs. Absolutely painful watching some of those decisions from the bunker and on field.

Warriors didn't get many decisions their way, but they were crap and deserved to lose.

NRL doing a great job of ruining their "big weekend" with ridiculous sin binnings and sending offs. Absolutely painful watching some of those decisions from the bunker and on field.

Scandalous. A big part of the reason I prefer league over union is the flow and the lack of checking everything little big and brining play back 4 or 5 phases. Now it looks like the NRL is going the same way. Only caveat is the that a sin bin is much more detrimental when you only start with 13. The Papenhuyzen red card is unfortunate and no one likes to see someone being stretched from the field but the tacklers arm is nearly at a 45 degree angle and Papenhuyzen fell into the tackle. Don't try and wrap the arm its also a penalty. Another game automatically ruined then.

Warriors didn't get many decisions their way, but they were crap and deserved to lose.

Never do lol

• Advertisement

Jebus that was intense, great win for the Warriors, mess of a game made for entertaining viewing! Walsh is the business.

Williams released by the Raiders. Obvious things weren't right there, sounds like he downed tools, off back to Wigan I expect.

All definitely doesn't seem right with the raiders. Sad really because they would have been my second team the last few years although Ricky Stuart is making it very hard to want them to do better. Williams has been one of their better players this season too

Good comeback from the Warriors 2nd half but some woeful missed tackles and brain dead game management cost them in the end. So, about par for the course.

Dufty outstanding for the Dragons against the Broncos, he looks like one of their better players most weeks and will be looking for a new club at the end of the season, strange times.

Yeah crazy altogether. Dragons looked fairly insipid in attack without him the last few weeks.

Under strength Panthers finally lost, Cleary got a nice reception from the Tigers fans :pac: Scrappy enough game and Tigers were ragged enough that they kept it interesting for a lot of the game. No sin binnings was a nice change from recent weeks.

First origin game on Wednesday, I have a feeling that NSW will win fairly comfortably, maybe even double digits. (Knowing how my predictions go sit back and enjoy watching the Maroons steam roller them)

Turns out I'm right for a change, unfortunately. Origin game 1 is very one sided so far and not that interesting as a result. Maybe QLD will remember how to defend........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Turns out I'm right for a change, unfortunately. Origin game 1 is very one sided so far and not that interesting as a result. Maybe QLD will remember how to defend........

Too many Queensland mistakes - hoping we can turn this deficit around.

Advertisement