Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Advantage

Options
  • 10-04-2021 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭

Has anyone watched this? It's a quizz shown on Rte1, presented by Jennifer Zamperelli.

One family member in the studio and rest at home.
    The questions are way too hard!!

Recorded it earlier and just watching now. Won't be watching again. Presenter very shouty!!

Top prize only 5k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Has anyone watched this? It's a quizz shown on Rte1, presented by Jennifer Zamperelli.

Recorded it earlier and just watching now. Won't be watching again. Presenter very shouty!!

Top prize only 5k

Amazing how coming seventh in The Apprentice can earn you a career in Irish TV and Radio, up there with Lottie Ryan and Mairead Farrell

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Programme more suited to early evening TV than prime viewing time

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE sure love Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,978 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She's a lifer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Samsgirl wrote: »

Top prize only 5k

"Presenter very shouty" :)

I was in the next room watching the golf and the kids had it on, and while I couldn't realky hear the contestants I was able to make out it was the bould Jennifer doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

The second last question was

'"What is Michael D. Higgin's newest puppy called? "

It should have been written

"What is Micheal D. Higgins' newest puppy called?"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

beanbag for the losers :cool: i'd rather have a blankety blank checkbook & pen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Just watching now, not a bad idea for a show but that presenter is dire, she’d definitely put me off watching it again,

shush! that's Eamon's Wife

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Concept is ok but it's hard to watch with Jennifer squeaking and the forced excitement from the family at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Oh my goodness have just seen a trailer for this "quiz". It looks like it will be awful and is been presented by the equally awful nasally Jennifer Zamparelli.

Jennifer Zeppedildo has all the warmth of a prickly pear and the charisma of a shrill buzzsaw. How she has parlayed a thoroughly unlikeable persona on the Apprentice into a viable television career is one of the great modern day mysteries. Correction, it speaks volumes about RTE's hiring policy of vacuous narcissists with very little to say. Bombs away, it won't last a wet week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Jennifer Zeppedildo has all the warmth of a prickly pear and the charisma of a shrill buzzsaw. How she has parlayed a thoroughly unlikeable persona on the Apprentice into a viable television career is one of the great modern day mysteries. Correction, it speaks volumes about RTE's hiring policy of vacuous narcissists with very little to say. Bombs away, it won't last a wet week.

A brass neck and good shrewd skills in dealing with hiring managers would be my guess. Certainly not warmth or charisma in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

brian_t wrote: »
    The second last question was

'"What is Michael D. Higgin's newest puppy called? "

It should have been written

"What is Micheal D. Higgins' newest puppy called?"

the righter went to Hull unaversity

Jennifer Zeppedildo has all the warmth of a prickly pear and the charisma of a shrill buzzsaw.

:P
    have you been reading through the Jeremy Clarkson book of phrases?

still i prefer her to Lucy Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just happened to switch this on and have to agree about the bould Jennifer. Her voice is like a drill in the dentists.

She is like a squeaky duck.

A lot of the female presenters on RTE seem to think you have to shriek and shout in fake high-pitched excitement. Catherine Thomas started the trend. Wish we had Bibi Baskin or Doireann Ni Bhrian back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

inthehat wrote: »
    A lot of the female presenters on RTE seem to think you have to shriek and shout in fake high-pitched excitement. Catherine Thomas started the trend. Wish we had Bibi Baskin or Doireann Ni Bhrian back again.

Too true.

Cynthia Ni Mhurucu is another lady who was classy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Jen was looking very well in the last episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I actually liked it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

What a pile of Sh1t just awful why oh why do people think jen zamperelli is even funny never mind a presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The biggest pile of dogsh*t on television.....

Id rather watch aertel....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Then this fact will get your goat up even more...
    Rte had no studios avaliable to film the show within its production time frame so they rented a studio from Virgin Media to film it.

I'm not joking.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Then this fact will get your goat up even more...
    Rte had no studios avaliable to film the show within its production time frame so they rented a studio from Virgin Media to film it.

I'm not joking.

F*ck off!🀢

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Poor auld Jenny donning thick-framed glasses to make herself look smart.

It is dreadful telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

It’s the worst piece of television rte has produced in a long time, and by God they’ve made some stinkers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

all quiz shows should have an element of on the edge tension to it, this has none its as exciting as a bowl of porridge

maybe if they have some rough family on from a council flat effin & blindin might make it a bit of craic, otherwise it's channel hop TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Poor auld Jenny donning thick-framed glasses to make herself look smart.

It is dreadful telly.

Talk about polishing a turd

Advertisement