Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So how many people do you know so far that have got a vaccine?

Options
  • 16-04-2021 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

For me it's at least 8 now that I know of. Both my parents have recently got there first jab and it was not Astra Zenica thankfully even do she is in the 60 to 69 age bracket he is in his 70s.
    My older sister got it do and she is in Scotland. If she was here she would not have got the vaccine at all yet do.
    One of my Uncles got his yesterday no idea which he got but I do know which the parents got and if he also went to the same health centre then he probably got the same as them.
    I would say it will be a while yet before I get a Vaccine been my age not young but not old just middle aged.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

The amount i know who have has the vaccine is in double digits now.
    How long before they have the 60 - 69 year olds done?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I know at least 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Not many here. My 23 year old nephew in the UK just got his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I know about ten people, under half had their first dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Since I know a lot of NI residents,the answer would be a lot.

I am getting my 2nd jab start of May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my inlaws are in Germany, late 70's they are in the process of getting them now, Aunt and uncle in Dublin, mid 70's , 2 weeks from now, seems to be if your GP can give them its slower, if they cant people are getting them quicker in DCU. Cousin in NY, early 40's he and his wife got them about 2 weeks ago

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I know 8 and four more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

My mam, her sister who's a nurse, another sister and her husband, another sister and her husband (my mam has 6 sisters and a brother)... A friend in London. Father-in-law... so, 8.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

By Sunday afternoon everyone I have any contact with over the age of 6 will have been vaccinated. Majority of siblings families vaccinated, only a couple left aged under 45 who'll be done within the next month except for the children, other younger cousins done months ago either due to their employment or volunteering at vaccine centres. 18 year old niece was vaccinated in the US a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

My (both retired in the last few years) folks have yet to hear anything. Surprised the mother has not been called up yet, while in great health aerobically, she has a long standing heart condition.

Over here (UK), mrsTeal had her first Pfizer a few weeks ago and 2nd due in a couple of weeks (frontline NHS but on Mat leave). Elderly neighbours have all been double dosed. I've got healthy friends just 40+ who have had jab 1. I'm a few years shy of 40 (although not many :/ ) and I've not heard anything, not really expecting to though as in full health. A work colleague who is about 35 has got both of his but he is quite seriously obese.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

theteal wrote: »
    I'm a few years shy of 40 (although not many :/ ) and I've not heard anything, not really expecting to though as in full health.

Wouldn't count on them contacting you when your turn comes. Do keep an ear out for when they open the door for the age group above you, and then from the week after that check the online booking system each day. It normally let's you in a day or two before they actually announce that it's open to a new category and update the front page of the website. You then hopefully get in before the website crashes after they announce its open on breakfast telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

robinph wrote: »
    Wouldn't count on them contacting you when your turn comes. Do keep an ear out for when they open the door for the age group above you, and then from the week after that check the online booking system each day. It normally let's you in a day or two before they actually announce that it's open to a new category and update the front page of the website. You then hopefully get in before the website crashes after they announce its open on breakfast telly.

I've not paid the blindest bit of attention to it tbh. I'm in no hurry, it's not like I can get back to Dublin until the auld pair get theirs. There's a vaccine centre 300m from the house and I see that they semi-regularly give spare jabs at the end of the day on a first come first served basis, if the local fb is to be believed that is.

Meh, I may start paying more attention to it now. . .the brother was talking about a stags in August so I wouldn't want to be faffing about getting closer to that time - although I think that whole plan is somewhat optimistic the way things are looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Thank god I know a lot , a lot of friends would work on the frontline so a lot have it done . My parents booked in for tomorrow and my parents in law are fully done.
    A few elderly neighbors are done fully so while it might seem a slow roll out it’s definitely making a difference local to me. Our local GP has nearly got all his over 70,s done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Most of my family in Scotland have received their first dose and my sister and her husband have both been inoculated in Bandon, Cork. So only myself and my 14 year old nephew from immediate family have still to be jabbed. Hopefully my turn will be sometime in May with cohort 7.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Quite a few, almost all of my extended family 18+ in Mayo have been vaccinated and a handful who are healthcare workers elsewhere.

Have a friend in Ohio who had his first dose last month, early 20s with no underlying conditions. A bit jealous to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Have got my first jab last month (essential healthcare worker), parents too a couple of weeks ago. Been great for them, they feel much better now. Sister-in-law got one that was (genuinely) left over where she works.

Everyone I work with was offered one and everyone took one apart from those who for varying reasons couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Couple of friends wives are nurses and got the jab. Friend works as project manager in HSE and got it but he disagrees he should have. He is never in hospitals. A garda friend got it too. Neither of these guys parents in their 70s have it yet.
    Parents are still in 60s and I'm registering my dad for it today, my mam in an anti vaxxer all of a sudden with covid so I'm not registering her.
    Friend in northern ireland has got vaccine he's 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

My mother and sister have had 1 dose. 1 Uncle and Aunt fully vaccinated and another Aunt has 1 dose.
    Several friends Parents. 2 friends who are Doctors. And all of our friends and family in the US (except for kids obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

1 person with underlying conditions living in america
    1 living in a nursing home
    1 over 80
    1 who works in a nursing home
    A nurse and a teacher in dubai
    2 people who are over the age of 50 living in the UK

Furthermore I think I know at least one person who's taken every vaccine so far and they all have the same side effect - a massive sense of relief

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

List WALES

My mum (70) due her 2nd dose this month ... had really bad flu symptoms.... she has a lot of underlying issues.

My sister ( 50)..... had her 1st dose .... had no symptoms

My brother in law ( 56)felt very tired on day and next but was ok.

My buddy (60) felt perfect along with his wife... he did say he knew a few who suffered tireness.

IRELAND

My father in law (72) no symptoms.

All in all they are ok and well thank goodness.

oh all astra zenica

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Bro is HCW, fully done since Feb (Pfizer)

I'm a HCW, got the first AZ 2 weeks ago (I'm absolutely freaked they won't stick to the correct schedule)

MiL is a HCW, she got her AZ the day before they stalled it

Other than that it's just acquaintences belong to me who have had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

List WALES

My mum (70) due her 2nd dose this month ... had really bad flu symptoms.... she has a lot of underlying issues.

My sister ( 50)..... had her 1st dose .... had no symptoms

My brother in law ( 56)felt very tired on day and next but was ok.

My buddy (60) felt perfect along with his wife... he did say he knew a few who suffered tireness.

IRELAND

My father in law (72) no symptoms.

All in all they are ok and well thank goodness.

oh all astra zenica

If it puts your mind at ease the really bad flu your mother got was that of her immune response activating so it's a good sign that it happened

Mother, 3 uncles and two of their wives, 2 aunts, father in law, sister in law(hcw), cousin(hcw). Mother in law has appointment next week. That’s just within family in Ireland.

My mother got the first dose on Wednesday, one of the lads at work got it last week, similar age to me but he has diabetes. I have a heart condition but have heard nothing yet.

Work staff, about 50. personal friends and family only 2 both as a result of occupations. Father should be called soon enough.

1 had very bad reaction, was hospitalised but is fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

My Granny, my parents and all my aunt's and uncle's got it. Hopefully I will get mine soon. I'm 49

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Parents in 60's getting their first doses next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Quite a few, maybe 20 or so mostly in the 70+ age bracket. A few in their 30s doing close contact social care work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Work staff, about 50. personal friends and family only 2 both as a result of occupations. Father should be called soon enough.

1 had very bad reaction, was hospitalised but is fine now.

My 99 year old granny had Covid and has since had the vaccine, she said the few days after the vaccine were worse than Covid.

Glad you’re better now.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    My 99 year old granny had Covid and has since had the vaccine, she said the few days after the vaccine were worse than Covid.

Glad you’re better now.

I appreciate that but it was a one, not an 'I'. I havent been vaccinated yet :D

Advertisement