Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any BMW 2 Series Grand Coupé owners?

• 14-04-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Been looking at upgrading to a 212 this year and currently have my eye on the Hyundai Tucson, XC40 and Cupra Formentor. (Hyundai looks to be the winner so far).

But, I've come across the Grand Coupé and it looks a great car for so cheap.

My question is, anyone have the car and what are your opinions on it?
    It's smaller than the ones mentioned above but is better value from what I can see. (and a nice bit of flash too)

Anything I should know, such as getting the tech or comfort pack, or the M Sport version?
    also key question, can I fit golf clubs in the boot?

Comments

If the Tucson is coming out on top of those 3 for you, I've lost all hope for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are a hideous thing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭MarkN

Boot has a narrow enough opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Worst looking BMW they have made, and there are plenty to choose from in their current range.
    Out of your list the Cupra Formentor is the most interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Whatcar212

If the Tucson is coming out on top of those 3 for you, I've lost all hope for you.

XC40 fuel efficiency is a disgrace (enough to put me off buying it) and the formentor is only loosing out because of the poor value of trade in they are offering me (15k vs the 22k being offered by Hyundai)

And having test driven the new tucson it is very impressive, in particular the 230hp hybrid.

• Advertisement

maddness wrote: »
    Worst looking BMW they have made, and there are plenty to choose from in their current range.
    Out of your list the Cupra Formentor is the most interesting.

Formentor looks to be a great car but the 3 I have contacted are offering me 5-7k less trade in value for my car so that has screwed the formentor for me.

A neighbour just got a new 2 series GC and it’s absolutely hideous. I wince every time I drive by. Mind you the new Tucson is just as bad.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all but sweet Jesus there are some really bad looking cars around at the moment.

Whatcar212 wrote: »
    Formentor looks to be a great car but the 3 I have contacted are offering me 5-7k less trade in value for my car so that has screwed the formentor for me.

Trade in value is meaningless, it’s the cost to change that’s important.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭JoeA3

2 series is ugly. Really hideous. Interior is good though but I couldn’t look at that parked on the driveway for 3 years.

Tucson is just so by the numbers dreary.

Has to be the Seat/Cupra from that lot, by some margin. Trade in number is completely irrelevant. The Hyundai dealer may have loads more margin and is making you feel better by offering X grand more, but it’s built into his margin/discount. Focus on the cost to change.

Trade in value is meaningless, it’s the cost to change that’s important.

Given that they are the same price and APR then this time trade in is relevant. In the sense that that extra trade in value has substantially reduced the monthly repayments.

That said there doesn't seem to be a great consensus here on the 2 series, albeit no owners have posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭JoeA3

albeit no owners have posted.

I don't think its a particularly big seller, probably not many owners of them on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Given that they are the same price and APR then this time trade in is relevant. In the sense that that extra trade in value has substantially reduced the monthly repayments.

That said there doesn't seem to be a great consensus here on the 2 series, albeit no owners have posted.

Yeah I agree with you this time that trade in value is relevant because it directly affects cost to change. I have never heard anyone on here that said they have a 2 series. But I don't like them at all. Filling a niche that nobody asked for.

MarkN did a video on it, he posts here and had one for review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If7WZSE_XkA

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@OP Go for what you want and like. I think the new Tucson looks great it is not perfect but it looks great. If you like the BMW 2 series GC though go for it if that is what you want. It's not the worst car BMW have ever made that would go to the first model X3 which was just terrible and it's not the worst looker either that would go to the oversized X6. Of course looks are subjective. Buy what you like and would like to have that you happy to live with.

The Toyota Rav 4 is quite nice too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    @OP Go for what you want and like. I think the new Tucson looks great it is not perfect but it looks great. If you like the BMW 2 series GC though go for it if that is what you want. It's not the worst car BMW have ever made that would go to the first model X3 which was just terrible and it's not the worst looker either that would go to the oversized X6. Of course looks are subjective. Buy what you like and would like to have that you happy to live with.

Have to agree, it really doesn’t matter what anyone on the internet thinks. If you like a car buy it and enjoy it, be a boring place if we all liked the same car.

Tbh not too worried about peoples opinions on the looks of a car. Was mostly fishing for info on its reliability and features, or lack there off.

I'll check the RAV 4 out too. Toyota always a reliable brand imo

AMKC wrote: »

Great shout on the RAV 4. Test drove one on Saturday and loved it. Will be placing an order for it today :)

Advertisement